PDA

View Full Version : Does Gainesville have a good D line and good DB's?

cunbed10
11-05-2003, 10:53 AM
I keep hearing all this talk about Gainesville's team, well let me in on some of their strong points, because if their D line is good and can apply pressure and their DB's are decent, they have a shot at Burnet, last year Our D line caused alot of pressure, and the key to beating this TEAM is pressure the QB, so if anyone has a scouting report on GAinesville let me know.

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: cunbed10 ]</small>

everman_guy
11-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Same with Everman last year....Qb pressure did Burnet in. I seriously doubt G-ville makes it that far. They have the toughest draw of the major contenders.

PAINTBALL
11-05-2003, 01:49 PM
cunbed10:
I keep hearing all this talk about Gainesville's team, well let me in on some of their strong points, because if their D line is good and can apply pressure and their DB's are decent, they have a shot at Burnet, last year Our D line caused alot of pressure, and the key to beating this TEAM is pressure the QB, so if anyone has a scouting report on GAinesville let me know.The team that would have the best chance to beat Burnet needs:
Offense:Quarterback with speed who can both run and pass; Decent running back; average size but very fast offensive line; at least 2 receivers with good hands
Defense: 2 Div. 1 prospects playing at 2 of the 4 linebacker positions or at defensive end, or a good size but very fast defensive line and above average linebackers with good speed. Defensive backs capable of single coverage on Warner and all other receivers except Shipley.

This is the team I would want if I had to play Burnet. Does such a team exist out there?

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

cunbed10
11-05-2003, 02:20 PM
PAINTBALL:

cunbed10:
I keep hearing all this talk about Gainesville's team, well let me in on some of their strong points, because if their D line is good and can apply pressure and their DB's are decent, they have a shot at Burnet, last year Our D line caused alot of pressure, and the key to beating this TEAM is pressure the QB, so if anyone has a scouting report on GAinesville let me know.The team that would have the best chance to beat Burnet needs:
Offense:Quarterback with speed who can both run and pass; Decent running back; average size but very fast offensive line; at least 2 receivers with good hands
Defense: 2 Div. 1 prospects playing at 2 of the 4 linebacker positions or at defensive end, or a good size but very fast defensive line and above average linebackers with good speed. Defensive backs capable of single coverage on Warner and all other receivers except Shipley.

This is the team I would want if I had to play Burnet. Does such a team exist out there?PB, I don't know, but I got a feeling in the next 5 weeks, we're going to find out, so let's sit and watch this wonderful thing they called the Playoffs!

Fletch
11-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Gainesville is pretty close to that description, lots of team speed. Could be interesting.

espn1
11-05-2003, 03:19 PM
everman_guy:
Same with Everman last year....Qb pressure did Burnet in. I seriously doubt G-ville makes it that far. They have the toughest draw of the major contenders.This year the difference will be that Burnet's QB won't have a broken leg.

GETBACKCOACH
11-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Don't get me wrong....I am not saying Gainesville will make it to Burnet...A lot of luck is needed to make to the State Championship game. I have seen them play 3 times. Here is your scouting report from an onlookers perspective.

Quarterback that can run and pass....yes (almost 800 rushing/ 1000 passing and has not taken a snap in the 4th quarter I have seen).

Running back..........One the best in 3A.
Two Recievers with hands........Try 4 and all have below 4.6 speed (two with 4.4).

Offensive line.........quick and aggressive....and not as small as everyone lets on. Nobody under 220 pounds.

Defense:
Line.......fast,fast,fast.

DE Ends........one a sub 4.5 the other 4.6 One big 225 pounds the other small and quick (State powerlifting in weight class I have been told)

Linebackers...Young but aggressive...one is 6'2 225 4.6 or better.

Secondary....Corners small but fast

Safeties.... Real Good...D1 Prospect (One already committed TCU but will end up at Tech or OSU or Maryland). The other breaks on balls real well.

Kicker.........range of 55 yards everytime. Touchbacks on Kickoff

Specialty teams way above average.

cunbed10
11-05-2003, 04:22 PM
GETBACKCOACH:
Don't get me wrong....I am not saying Gainesville will make it to Burnet...A lot of luck is needed to make to the State Championship game. I have seen them play 3 times. Here is your scouting report from an onlookers perspective.

Quarterback that can run and pass....yes (almost 800 rushing/ 1000 passing and has not taken a snap in the 4th quarter I have seen).

Two Recievers with hands........Try 4 and all have below 4.6 speed (two with 4.4).

Offensive line.........quick and aggressive....and not as small as everyone lets on. Nobody under 220 pounds.

Defense:

DE Ends........one a sub 4.5 the other 4.6 One big 225 pounds the other small and quick (State powerlifting in weight class I have been told)

Safeties.... Real Good...D1 Prospect (One already committed TCU but will end up at Tech or OSU or Maryland). The other breaks on balls real well.

Specialty teams way above average.Well, Burnet loolks like we have a match-up, now let's hope we get to see this one

PAINTBALL
11-05-2003, 05:15 PM
cunbed10:

GETBACKCOACH:

Defense:

Specialty teams way above average.Well, Burnet loolks like we have a match-up, now let's hope we get to see this oneThis will be an awesome game if it happens. First we both have to get there. Good luck Gainesville and Better luck Burnet.

Matthew328
11-05-2003, 05:51 PM
Burnet's QB didn't have a broken leg....hurt yes..but broken leg I don't think so...why are some Burnet fans so bitter about losing to Everman last year? Last time I checked Burnet's D was pretty darn healthy and they gave up lets see..close to 500 yards of offense and 35 points..really it coulda been 42 had Everman not let off the gas late...I am SICK of people saying "well our guy was hurt that's why we lost blah blah" yes McGee being hurt did hurt Burnet...but McGee didn't play defense..

As for Gainesville...to me their D-Line is suspect...they can be run on....their DB's are pretty good though..but I dunno how much pressure thier D-Line can muster against a pretty darn good Burnet offensive line..

PAINTBALL
11-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Matthew328:
Burnet's QB didn't have a broken leg....hurt yes..but broken leg I don't think so...why are some Burnet fans so bitter about losing to Everman last year? Last time I checked Burnet's D was pretty darn healthy and they gave up lets see..close to 500 yards of offense and 35 points..really it coulda been 42 had Everman not let off the gas late...I am SICK of people saying "well our guy was hurt that's why we lost blah blah" yes McGee being hurt did hurt Burnet...but McGee didn't play defense..

As for Gainesville...to me their D-Line is suspect...they can be run on....their DB's are pretty good though..but I dunno how much pressure thier D-Line can muster against a pretty darn good Burnet offensive line..The biggest asset Evermen had last year was a quarterback with super speed who could also pass. I don't know how many crucial 3rd downs were picked up by him scrambling for the first down when all receivers were covered and he was able to avoid the rush and break open. The guy was awesome. He was able to avoid our linebackers and defensive ends, all who had played great games all year. I've never whinned. I give credit where credit is due.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-05-2003, 06:34 PM
Dear Matthew,
YES&lt; Stephen DID have a broken leg. It was a hairline fracture of the Femur. I am a former
trainer. I told Rodney, Stephen's father that with the brace he was wearing, the fracture was probably inflicted after the MCL tear he had. The reason is, if the leg is hit from the outside,
the knee can't flex, steel certainly won't. The fracture comes at the place the brace is attached.
So he DID have a hairline fracture of the Femur and a torm MCL, Mesial Colateral Ligament. The
injuries were discovered after the Everman game.
Since you were there, I'm sure you could tell that
he was playing on Heart alone. BTW, Jordan had a
big toenail removed because of an infection and
also had a turf toe. Neither of the young men would set out the game. This hasn't been brought up before, but you made your statement that,I don't think so. So far they are quite healthy an
NOTHING would please them more than to meet Everman again. If not, Burnet will suit up and be ready for each game as they may come.Everman was given credit for being the better team. NO EXCUSES WERE GIVEN!
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-05-2003, 07:13 PM
someone help me out. what was the scorein the burnet-everman game before cory"s devastating injury? did burnet score after that unfortunate play?

PPHSfan
11-05-2003, 07:16 PM
Gainesville has to get past the winner from the East side of Dallas first. I think that will be Forney, but Atlanta, (and a couple of others) may have something to say about that. Either way, my money would be on Forney, and I think Forney matches up against Burnet better. I will be at the D1 game this year no matter who goes, (and yes I will be available for autographs) because the talent level is way up there this year. Anyone who misses this game is gonna miss a chance to possibly see a few Future Pro Stars play at the Highschool level.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Dear bigdogsbulldogmom,
Thank-you for asking. Burnet 7 Everman 0. Burnet was on about the 40, driving again, McGee's pass was to Patrick Miller, Burnet's RB. He jumped to catch the pass,
Cory caught him in mid air, but with his head down. Cory and Patrick both fell after a short period Patrick got up but unfortunately Cory didn't. Neither Patrick or Burnet were ever the same. This was the most horrible moment this 56 yr. old man has seen at a football game, I will never forget it.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Sooner Fan
11-05-2003, 08:45 PM
How come you Gainesville boys don't cross the Red River and play a real team.

3afan2K3
11-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Why dont OK get rid of their pansy rules? No blocking below the waist isnt that one of them??? That takes away the fun of blocking

turbostud
11-05-2003, 09:02 PM
3afan2k3, arent you an OU fan?

PPHSfan
11-05-2003, 11:36 PM
Sooner Fan:
How come you Gainesville boys don't cross the Red River and play a real team..
They whup up on Wichita Falls every year. Ain't that close enough to Oklahoma? :D

Matthew328
11-06-2003, 08:23 AM
Sooner Fan:
How come you Gainesville boys don't cross the Red River and play a real team.Goodness I hope we never have to go to Oklahoma and play again....talk about pansy football..no blocking below the waist...not to mention freakin water breaks in the middle of the game!!!By the way I stand corrected on McGee...but I stand by the fact that Burnet's D has NO answer for Everman's offense last year..