PDA

View Full Version : Z motion/ South Eastern

oh well
03-01-2005, 10:47 AM
What happened here. Heard the head Coach resigned? Did you here the same?

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Yes yesterday. From what my son told me is that he wanted to spend more time with his family and he hasn't been able to do that coaching football. He is a real family man so that may be true. But I also know that he interviewed for the job at Angelo State earlier in the year and also at UCO two years ago. So I don't know if he really is unahppy at SOSU or if he wants a career change.

From what my boy said the team is hoping for the O-Coordinator Paul Lane to take over. The offense has been very good the past two years (They also had a stud QB that helped that), so he may be in the running. They did sign about 25 players already for next year.

Spaceman_Spiff
03-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Z,

I'm sorry to hear about the coaching change at SWOSU, and if the new coach isnt what Z Jr wants to play for, dont forget HSU.

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Spaceman_Spiff
Z,

I'm sorry to hear about the coaching change at SWOSU, and if the new coach isnt what Z Jr wants to play for, dont forget HSU.

We talked about that last night. He is hoping for the Offensive Coordinator (Paul Lane) to move into the head coaching job so there will not be a big change (Generally most of the players want the O coordinator to move up when a head coach leaves--seems only natural, don't you think?) If that is the case I think he will stay put. If not then he can transfer out. Two places are attracive: Abilene Christian and Hardin Simmons. ACU's new head coach and Offensive Coordinator are both Vernon graduates and I'm sure they would give him a shot there. I already know he could contribute to HSU's program. Both of those teams have JV programs and he sat out this past year with a red shirt so he has 4 years to go now. Surely he could start on JV and have a blast at either school. If he stays at SOSU he will be fighting for the 3rd safety spot and special teams play. Really no chance at getting playing time in the secondary unless injuries happen.

The school stated on the web site that they will try to hire a coach before Spring practice. That lasts 1 month and he can judge what to do then. Eric Favors (DB - Vernon) signed with SOSU also and I would love to see them both in the secondary together again -- although that might be a few years down the road.

oh well
03-01-2005, 06:27 PM
What is the web site.

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by oh well
What is the web site.

www.sosu.edu/athletics/