PDA

View Full Version : West Columbia vs Cuero (football)

neck_06
02-28-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm bored with all this non-football talk, so lets talk football.

West Columbia vs. Cuero

Since this will most likely be a bi-district matchup again next year, why don't we just get started talking about it now.

Gobbla2001
02-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Don't think you'll be seeing us any time soon, pal...

Gonzales should make the playoffs, sending Cuero back D2 way, we're under 700 students...

I think it'd be a tougher game than last year, from what I know so far...

neck_06
02-28-2005, 11:40 PM
i wanted gonzales to make the playoffs this year, but now that yall beat us, i want another shot!

anyways, i didn't really get to contribute this year, i broke my ankle and the cuero game was my first game back, so i saw a limited amount of downs.

pancho villa
03-01-2005, 08:44 AM
We want Cuero and the former waterboys.

scrub c
03-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Cuero is under 700????

like 699 or less ...... WOW

and a brand new school to boot.

Gonzales making the playoffs seems like a stretch, Im gonna go ahead and say:
West Columbia vs Cureo 1st round next year.

neck_06
03-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
Cuero is under 700????

like 699 or less ...... WOW

and a brand new school to boot.

Gonzales making the playoffs seems like a stretch, Im gonna go ahead and say:
West Columbia vs Cureo 1st round next year.

i think they mean that they have 699..........thats under 700, right?

raider red 2000
03-01-2005, 11:38 AM
i think that both teams will be pretty different next year. if the cuero RB is back to normal then it will be a great match up of good RB's.

what teams will make playoffs from these districts.

my picks:

alphabetically-
stafford, west columbia, wharton

cuero, gonzales, yoakum

tow last place teams- polacios and edner

Gobbler Fan
03-01-2005, 11:55 AM
I forget what did the RB from Columbia get against Cuero in the playoff's ?

Gobbler Fan
03-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa

Watch what you ask for you might just get it :D

raider red 2000
03-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
I forget what did the RB from Columbia get against Cuero in the playoff's ?

i dont think that he did anything....but what did your returning guy do?

Gobbler Fan
03-01-2005, 12:10 PM
If I seem to recall I think it was an all round win for Cuero not just one guy ......and our starter is gone true but we have some lets say decent returning lettermen on both O@D

jason
03-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i dont think that he did anything....but what did your returning guy do? one of their returning guys is being recruited by the top programs in the nation...

i would NOT want to play cuero in the playoffs next year...unless its in the state championship....

44INAROW
03-01-2005, 12:16 PM
i dont think that he did anything....but what did your returning guy do?
**** you asked so here it is****
The Gobblers set the tone early as Ace Slone returned the Roughnecks’ kickoff to West Columbia’s 44. Quarterback Matt Schumacher picked J.T. Rudd for his first pass and with just seconds off the clock, Cuero was already threatening at the Roughneck 28.
After one try up the middle, Schumacher then sent Tre Gray to the end-zone for a pass and Cuero’s first points of the game. With just two minutes off the clock, Aric Kohl’s point-after kick gave Cuero a 7-0 lead.
Cuero scored on its first two possessions, did not allow West Columbia past its own 32 until the final minutes of the fourth quarter and allowed only 7-points which came on a turn-over.

raider red 2000
03-01-2005, 12:17 PM
i think that cuero was a good team lst year and will be good again. will they be as good?????

i was just gettin at the fact that WC and cuero both have good athletes returning at RB. i doubt that they will play early in the playoffs.

as far as them having a kid being recruited by a big time program. i am glad for him. i wish him the best of luck in school and in athletics.

Gobbla2001
03-01-2005, 06:10 PM
i think that cuero was a good team lst year and will be good again. will they be as good?????

i was just gettin at the fact that WC and cuero both have good athletes returning at RB. i doubt that they will play early in the playoffs.

as far as them having a kid being recruited by a big time program. i am glad for him. i wish him the best of luck in school and in athletics.

The only 'possible' way Cuero and WC would play in the playoffs next season is if Cuero went Division 1 and WC made the playoffs (WC will make the playoffs, dunno about Cuero going division 1), which would mean the only time they would play would be in the first round, so yes, that'd be early...

You may not know this, WC, but not only did you miss seeing our 1st string RB, you also missed seeing our 2nd string running back (played one game this year, and he ALSO returns)... The running backs you did see were 3rd and 4th stringers, the 3rd string played defensive end as well, the 4th stringer was a soph, 5th stringer who is a soph is also good, #5 who helped keep your 'O' out of the endzone this past season (who will be a junior this coming season) will be taking over at QB, and I'll tell ya, minus the experience factor and maybe patience, you aint seeing nothin' yet...

Go back over 44-in-a-row's article...

"J.T. Rudd"... 2nd team all state at DE, honorable mention at T.E. (and you saw why)... coming back...

But I did notice a lot of good underclassmen for the Necks as well, so it should be a real good game next year if it were to happen...

nexfan
03-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Doesnt it suck for 2 district champs to have to play each other in the first round. I kinda feel a rivalry starting between the two schools, seeing as we have played each other in the first round of football and basketball. We play yall in baseball in a couple of weeks, that should be fun. West Columbia really shouldnt lose 3 games in baseball this season, they should dominate ole 3a this year. Maybe in the future we could schedule up a regular season game in football. All this talk about football makes me miss it already. We should have a great offense next year. The defense needs a little work because of the graduates, but they'll be fine. Go necks.

44INAROW
03-01-2005, 06:39 PM
"Are you ready for some football?" YOU BETCHA.. can't get here soon enough for me :)

Gobbla2001
03-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Yah, I'm really ready...

Hope those boys cause SintonFan to make me a new signature...

Old Green
03-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
Doesnt it suck for 2 district champs to have to play each other in the first round. I kinda feel a rivalry starting between the two schools, seeing as we have played each other in the first round of football and basketball. We play yall in baseball in a couple of weeks, that should be fun. West Columbia really shouldnt lose 3 games in baseball this season, they should dominate ole 3a this year. Maybe in the future we could schedule up a regular season game in football. All this talk about football makes me miss it already. We should have a great offense next year. The defense needs a little work because of the graduates, but they'll be fine. Go necks. I agree with you Nexfan. the 2005 Football season can't get started fast enough for me.:)

SintonFan
03-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Yah, I'm really ready...

Hope those boys cause SintonFan to make me a new signature...
I figure you guys are favored to win IT in div. 2.
Why do you think I put three small little periods after your "State Championships..."?...:D

Gobbla2001
03-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I figure you guys are favored to win IT in div. 2.
Why do you think I put three small little periods after your "State Championships..."?...:D

Ahhhh, very nice...

Well, there will be plenty of tests in D2 if that is indeed the route we take...

neck_06
03-02-2005, 09:21 PM
well, if cuero does indeed go D2, then both teams should end up in the state finals.

gobbler84
03-05-2005, 12:39 AM
Cuero going D2 next year is a real BIG possibility, but have we forgotten about halletsville? Halletsville's running back was only a junior and one of the quickest I'v ever seen. They also have alot of good recievers coming back so I look at them as a contender in district 26 AAA. As for us (Cuero), we will be a really young team next year with all 4 defensive linemen coming back and 2 really good linebackers(one which got hurt first game of the season) there should be no problem containing the run next year. As for offense #5 will be an heck of an quarterback possibly one of the best to come threw Cuero High school. I look for him to take us to a State Final 2 years in a row.

Old Green
03-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by gobbler84
Cuero going D2 next year is a real BIG possibility, but have we forgotten about halletsville? Halletsville's running back was only a junior and one of the quickest I'v ever seen. They also have alot of good recievers coming back so I look at them as a contender in district 26 AAA. As for us (Cuero), we will be a really young team next year with all 4 defensive linemen coming back and 2 really good linebackers(one which got hurt first game of the season) there should be no problem containing the run next year. As for offense #5 will be an heck of an quarterback possibly one of the best to come threw Cuero High school. I look for him to take us to a State Final 2 years in a row. I like your confidence Gobbler84.:clap: You need to post more often.:D

gobbler84
03-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Confidence is what got us to Waco back in December;)

BHBrave08
06-24-2005, 02:06 PM
I think Cuero is just too much for West Columbia.

gobblerfan02
06-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa

Don't worry Pancho, the rest of the waterboys and I will be here when football time comes around, you can be sure of it! Oh and by the way, when the time comes, WC still won't be able to stay on the same field as the gobblers....just stirrin' the pot a bit!:D