PDA

View Full Version : 3 Orange Grove sisters die in car crash

pirate44
02-28-2005, 04:27 PM
ORANGE GROVE - An accident Saturday evening on FM 624 out near County Road 73 left three young girls dead. The girls - all sisters were apparently traveling toward Orange Grove around five o'clock, when DPS troopers said their car went into a side skid, and smashed head on into a van. The elderly woman inside the van remains in the hospital with major injuries to her leg.

Family and friends have spent the day mourning their loss after Saturday's tragic accident. On Sunday, some of them sat down with 6News, and shared stories about the girls who were known and loved by many.

"I was on my way home and my dad called me that there was an accident," said Joe Florez, He lost all three of his sisters in the accident. "I didn't think it was them it was just somebody else, another car that looked like there's but it was them"

He said 21-year old Ruby Ann Sanchez, 16-year old Danielle Lozano Delgado and 15-year old Rebecca Lee Delgado were on their way home when their car went into a side skid crashing head on into a van.

"They were going to get shoes for the prom, Danielle was going to go to her first prom she was really excited about it" Danielle's prom dress now lays on her bed along with her many metals. Friends said Danielle was an over achiever - involved in band, tennis, volleyball and track.

"If she wanted something she would go for it," said Danielle's friend, Brandi Olivarez. "I didn't want to believe it, not Daniel."

Joe said Rebecca was the baby, they always called her the princess and really enjoyed playing in the band. He smiles as he thinks about Ruby the oldest of the three. She attended Texas A&M Kingsville.

"She was very fun to be around there was never a dull moment when she was around, never," said Florez. "They were good girls they didn't deserve to go"

The elderly woman inside the van remains at Christus Spohn Memorial. Family members tell us that woman is actually a family friend. The family has set up a fund to help pay for funeral expenses. Donations can be made to the:

Delgado Memorial Fund
Value Bank Branch Three
P.O. Box 4956
Corpus Christi 78469

story on kristv.com (http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3003719&nav=BsmgWrjh)

Maroon87
02-28-2005, 04:57 PM
The crash site is about 1 mile from my Dad's house. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

AP Panther Fan
02-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Truly sad!:(

FM 624 is dangerous enough without all of the rain we had on Saturday.

My thoughts are with this family and the entire community of Orange Grove.

rhs78
02-28-2005, 05:12 PM
my prayers go out to the family's and freind's and students,my God be with them

pirate44
02-28-2005, 05:15 PM
i feel so bad for that family. anytime a life is lost at such a young age, it puts a sick feeling in my stomach. especially when it is so close to home.

Phil C
02-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Sad news indeed. A terrible tragedy.

Old Dog
02-28-2005, 05:42 PM
This is just too much for a family to have to deal with. They are certainly in our prayers, as well as those who will help directly with this tragedy in a support role.

pirate44
02-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The crash site is about 1 mile from my Dad's house. Thoughts and prayers to the family.
Hey Maroon87, there were 2 others killed out on 624 jsut a couple weeks ago. and it seems like im hearing about several others every few months. do you know if all those are located bout the same place? from what i know they will be doing major construction on 624 by putting in a median among other things. have you heard about that?

BrahmaMom
02-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Wow, a parent's worst nightmare! My heart breaks for the family that has sustained such a huge loss. May God see them through, because it will only be by His grace that anyone can survive such a blow. My prayers are with the family, friends, and community. God bless.

Ranger Mom
02-28-2005, 07:43 PM
I cannot even begin to imagine the depths of grief this family is going though!

Prayers out to the family, friends and community. Another prayer goes to the lady in the hospital for a quick recovery!

Bandera YaYa
02-28-2005, 08:12 PM
I cant even imagine the pain they are feeling. God be with them today and always...keep them close in your loving arms.

District303aPastPlayer
03-01-2005, 01:51 AM
i truly feel bad... but there is something that bothers me right now...

the fact that i was told that they have hired personal injury lawyers to sue someone.... the vehicle manufacturers...

LH Panther Mom
03-01-2005, 07:23 AM
It took me three attempts yesterday to make it through to the end of the story and I was still at a loss for words. I can't begin to imagine the heartache the family is experiencing. My prayers go out for this family.

pirate44
03-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i truly feel bad... but there is something that bothers me right now...

the fact that i was told that they have hired personal injury lawyers to sue someone.... the vehicle manufacturers...
i was hoping there was someone else who fealt the same way. i feel bad for everyone involved, but a lawsuit??!! c'mon. why try to profit from these girls deaths? no amount of money will make them come back and anything will be a drop in the bucket for Mazda. the only thing that will come of it is money for the lawyer and people he is representing. their attorney is a very respectable man, but lately he has had some questionable lawsuits.

SINTON81
03-01-2005, 09:05 AM
According to the Caller Times this morning, it was also raining when the crash happened.

pirate44
03-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by SINTON81
According to the Caller Times this morning, it was also raining when the crash happened.
the photos of the car were pretty awful. i wonder how fast they were going.

Maroon87
03-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
Hey Maroon87, there were 2 others killed out on 624 jsut a couple weeks ago. and it seems like im hearing about several others every few months. do you know if all those are located bout the same place? from what i know they will be doing major construction on 624 by putting in a median among other things. have you heard about that?

This most recent crash was approximately a mile to 1-1/2 miles east of my Dad's, between his house and CHS. The prior wreck you referred to was just west of my Dad's...so close,in fact, I could stand at the end of his driveway and just about hit that crash site with a rock. I haven't heard anything about a median being put in there...that would be odd since the stretch of road in front of my Dad's was just opened to 4-lane traffic last fall. They may be talking about the area closest to 5 Points where the shopping centers are. That would make more sense. FM 624 has become more dangerous as more folks have moved farther out west to the Bluntzer/Orange Grove area. Nowadays you basically have to be named Unser or Petty to keep from getting run over.

CheerMom
03-01-2005, 10:50 AM
My prayers are with the family in their time of sorrow.

pirate44
03-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
This most recent crash was approximately a mile to 1-1/2 miles east of my Dad's, between his house and CHS. The prior wreck you referred to was just west of my Dad's...so close,in fact, I could stand at the end of his driveway and just about hit that crash site with a rock. I haven't heard anything about a median being put in there...that would be odd since the stretch of road in front of my Dad's was just opened to 4-lane traffic last fall. They may be talking about the area closest to 5 Points where the shopping centers are. That would make more sense. FM 624 has become more dangerous as more folks have moved farther out west to the Bluntzer/Orange Grove area. Nowadays you basically have to be named Unser or Petty to keep from getting run over.
i think your right about the median nearer to 5 points, but i think it will go out further past the school.

venomous tat2
03-01-2005, 12:11 PM
I have 3 sons and this was painful to read my prayers are with the family & friends may God give them strength i pray that he put
his arms around them all.

District303aPastPlayer
03-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i think your right about the median nearer to 5 points, but i think it will go out further past the school.

what they needed to do was slow that area down.... 55.... put cops outthere... something... its so dangerous...

pirate4state
03-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
what they needed to do was slow that area down.... 55.... put cops outthere... something... its so dangerous... 4sure! I know they installed that traffic light in front of the new plaza, but it still leaves alot of room for people to haul a$$ down the road! :eek:

Maroon87
03-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Once you get west of CR 73, the next time you have to stop is the 4-way at Bluntzer. Between those two points, some folks just flat put the hammer down. That's the stretch in front of my Dad's place.