PDA

View Full Version : Using Track season to prepare for cross country

Old Cardinal
02-27-2005, 08:40 PM
The defending State Champ X-Country team are well represented on the BC track team. They plan to again contribute their part to the quest for another District Track title. Gone is State Gold Metalist Michael Gauthier in the 100 M(he is now setting records for the Lamar University Track Program) Returning is: District winners in the hurdlers-- Cody Sparks, a Junior. Also, Troy Bolton a Sophomore won the other hurdle event last year.
Aaron Brannen ran a great 3200 m in Austin recently at a swift 9: 49.07 Some of the better times in 3a are as follows: Yamaguchi from Perryton 10: 27.03; Jibran Zarate from Barbers Hill 10: 42. 15; Oliver Grimm WO-S at 11:06.62. BC also has some strong challenges for Brennen within their own HS. I am sure Shawn Yarter(BH) and others are posting good times also. The fastest that I know of in Texas is Halleck out of Kingwood at 9: 39.20
Brennen is joined by Juniors Randy Becker and Brad Heath plus Seniors Brad Mason and Jacob Peart of X-Country HS fame. These folks will get some points in all top places in the 800m and up distance runs.
During X-County season the top BC seven won all 7 first spots in the District meet and the JV had good enough times to have easily won the District meet also.
I look for BH to be extra hard to beat for the State Track Title with Jasper and WO-S and a few others not that far behind. Next season X-Country has BC with a passel of good returning runners being challenged by BH and Canyon and a few others out of the valley.

Tell us some good times coming out of other meets around Texas...

Old Green
02-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Cuero's first track meet was rained out.