PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Or Silsbee Basketball?????

BMTXBRUIN07
02-27-2005, 03:52 PM
I think out of both competitive teams i think Jasper will come out with a victory.

j_dog
02-27-2005, 07:57 PM
It will be tough for Jasper to beat Silsbee, but I hope you are right. :)

Tiger90
02-28-2005, 12:04 AM
It will be tough to beat a team 4 times in one year.

AggiesAreWe
02-28-2005, 09:34 AM
Beating a team four times in one year is tough, unless you are just that much better than them. Silsbee will win this game by 10. Jasper has gotten better as of late, beating Hardin-Jeff was a bit of suprise, but I don't see them beating Silsbee. Silsbee has the best player in the district in Desmond Doss, along with 6'-8" post Bryan Harris and a good supporting cast. Doss is unstopable. He will be district MVP to go along with his district MVP in football. Silsbee has performed a bit better this year than I thought they would considering the coach they have, not too impressed with him. A better coach would have this team playing much better than they have. Anyway, proud to have them this far in the playoffs, next up the Regional tourny.

Hupernikomen
02-28-2005, 02:52 PM
and if this guy makes it to the state tourney is he still an unimpressive coach?

AggiesAreWe
02-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Well, I really don't see Silsbee making it to the state tourny. They'll beat Jasper and are capable of beating either Mexia or Sealy in regional semis, but I don't see them beating either Manor or Diboll in regional final. But to answer your question, if Silsbee makes it to state tourny, let's just say Coach Williams has coached above his ability. Call him a very fortunate but unimpressive coach. He depends on his assistants way too much. They practically run the team, especially in tight game situations. He is not his dad by no means, legendary coach Fred Williams.

Hupernikomen
02-28-2005, 07:32 PM
I enjoyed watching the younger williams when he was coaching under sutherland at kountze and felt like he did a good job. given a little time I think his game will develop into a good coaching scheme. He has been under some good coaching and has plenty of good people to lean on.

Tiger90
02-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Williams puts in countless hours in season and off. It is to the point some fb coaches get upset when he has the gym open during summer months and the kids skip the weight room for bball. The main flaw they have is their inability to shoot, missing 26 free throws is not going to work deeper in the playoffs.

AggiesAreWe
02-28-2005, 08:52 PM
It's my understanding that Coach Williams doesn't even run the practices, his assistant Coach Brooks does. He is the one that opens the gym in the summer. Either way, I don't deny Williams putting in his time, but if you go to the games, it's easily seen who coaches the team. Just my opinion.

tiger mama
02-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Does anyone know how Cold Spring did? I did not see their results. Thanks

j_dog
02-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by tiger mama
Does anyone know how Cold Spring did? I did not see their results. Thanks
Coldspring lost to Huffman 49-52, but two out of three from District 22-3a advancing to the next round is still pretty good. :)

kepdawg
03-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Just out of curiosity, where are they playing this one at?

j_dog
03-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Just out of curiosity, where are they playing this one at?
It is my understanding that it is Silsbee vs Jasper at Kirbyville tonight at 7:00.