PDA

View Full Version : I think I have been blacklisted at TexasPrepXtra.com

Gobbla2001
02-27-2005, 03:21 PM
blacklisted = ROM here...

I think it comes from when I talked crapola bout that idiot sports-show dude, Matt Diggs, from over there ON THIS BOARD...

Never knew you could be banned from one board for posting something on a completely different one...

Hmmm, that's crazy...

LH Panther Mom
02-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Wow! That's crazy. How's this for ironic? I was just there checking on our next basketball game.

Gobbla2001
02-27-2005, 03:29 PM
It's a good place to check stuff out like that...

But that radio show, though interesting, has lost all credibility with me...

I stopped listening to it when Diggs made fun of a disabled person...

Hasn't posted here since I pointed that out...

HighSchool Fan
02-27-2005, 03:33 PM
it's a boring site anyway

SintonFan
02-27-2005, 05:53 PM
If you were ROMed on another site for what you said here, then that shows what the character of the the other site is. That is just plain bad business. I'll boycott the site myself!:eek:

Gobbla2001
02-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
If you were ROMed on another site for what you said here, then that shows what the character of the the other site is. That is just plain bad business. I'll boycott the site myself!:eek:

Yah, well he hasn't posted here since the incident, so I guess it's an even trade...

I just wanted to reply to a Wimberly fan who said Yoakum's blow-out of them was related to the refs (Bellville Jr. here)...

SintonFan
02-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Yah, well he hasn't posted here since the incident, so I guess it's an even trade...

I just wanted to reply to a Wimberly fan who said Yoakum's blow-out of them was related to the refs (Bellville Jr. here)...
Anyone with any sense of decency would have PMed or quoted you here to dispute your opinion. But to be suddenly ROMed for something said on another site is showing a very young nature indeed.:o

Gobbla2001
02-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Anyone with any sense of decency would have PMed or quoted you here to dispute your opinion. But to be suddenly ROMed for something said on another site is showing a very young nature indeed.:o

It's just chicken crap, he just didn't want me going to his site and saying what I said here THERE...

Or maybe I just forgot my username and password ;) :p

Regardless, what a loser...

SintonFan
02-27-2005, 06:04 PM
It's just chicken crap, he just didn't want me going to his site and saying what I said here THERE...

Or maybe I just forgot my username and password ;) :p

Regardless, what a loser...
Are you still nursing that case from Friday night? hehe

Gobbla2001
02-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Never got a case... On Budget, day by day budget, 24's here, 16's there, whatever they have in the cooler...

SintonFan
02-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Never got a case... On Budget, day by day budget, 24's here, 16's there, whatever they have in the cooler...
LOL Unless you get one of those college credit cards...
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sick/sick05.gif

Gobbla2001
02-27-2005, 06:09 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sick/sick05.gif

Aint touching no credit cards... you sick turd of a bass...

sinton66
02-27-2005, 06:11 PM
I wouldn't sweat it Gobbla. He's prolly just jealous we have a better following.;)

SintonFan
02-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Jeez, I just was remembering MY college days.:p

Gobbla2001
02-27-2005, 06:22 PM
A fart wouldn't follow that guy...

44INAROW
02-27-2005, 07:46 PM
I quit going to that site and posting a while back myself.. WAY too much censoring going on over there but it is one-sided censoring. That guy that was a photographer and followed Wimberley (I can't remember his screen-name) had some really nasty posts naming individuals,players and Coach Reeve and nothing was done to his posts but mine was deleted and it was marginal and didn't name any person at all. That's OK, VICTORY is the best revenge :) I think it was the FOG's fault that Cuero beat them in Seguin. :D

Gobbla2001
02-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I quit going to that site and posting a while back myself.. WAY too much censoring going on over there but it is one-sided censoring. That guy that was a photographer and followed Wimberley (I can't remember his screen-name) had some really nasty posts naming individuals,players and Coach Reeve and nothing was done to his posts but mine was deleted and it was marginal and didn't name any person at all. That's OK, VICTORY is the best revenge :) I think it was the FOG's fault that Cuero beat them in Seguin. :D

Yah, it was the fog's fault... And come to think, I congratulated this on a great turn around, they didn't look too spiffy against Iowa Park when I saw them earlier that season....

But oh well, when you're that good, you're bound to have a few whiners from the other side... Luckily, the Wimberly posters on this board didn't get fussy...

sinton66
02-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Jeez, I just was remembering MY college days.:p

I was talking about the other guy, there, buddy.

Ranger Mom
02-27-2005, 09:03 PM

I boycotted it long ago!! You don't dare have a difference of a opinion on ANYTHING with the powers that be on THAT site!!

Gobbla2001
02-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I boycotted it long ago!! You don't dare have a difference of a opinion on ANYTHING with the powers that be on THAT site!!

yes ma'am, that wwebsite is a piece of crap, the only reason they have as much visitors as they do is because they have all classifications there etc...

We're just 3A and we'd whup their booties any day....

SintonFan
02-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I was talking about the other guy, there, buddy.
I was talking about Gobbla having a credit card(cuz he's in college), buying more beer and drinking himself to puke...:D

Gobbla2001
02-27-2005, 09:33 PM
I was talking about Gobbla having a credit card(cuz he's in college), buying more beer and drinking himself to puke...:D

haven't been in college in about a year, need to get back though haha

Keith7
02-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Matt Diggs
Keith
doesn't understand 27 people posting from their work all day instead of
working from everything about politics to Reggie McNeal's last game is
not really a football forum. It's a conversation.. and last time I
checked, that board has zero content. it's just a message board.
whooptydoo. High message board hits and no content is a sureway to run
into funding problems.

that is a quote from him on his own message board I made a topic about it a couple of months ago, so some of yall might still remember it

SintonFan
02-27-2005, 09:42 PM
haven't been in college in about a year, need to get back though haha
no wonder...
i thought I was losing my sanity...http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/winking/1/winking60.gif

SintonFan
02-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
that is a quote from him on his own message board I made a topic about it a couple of months ago, so some of yall might still remember it
And we're supposed to take you serious?:hand:
j/k:D

LH Panther Mom
02-27-2005, 09:46 PM

I remember. The few times I do visit, I try to avoid DFW area & stick to CTX.

Matthew328
02-28-2005, 06:47 PM
I gotta defend my buddy Matt here.....Gobbla I just asked him if he banned you and he doesn't recall doing it.....he asked me to tell you to e-mail him and he can see what the problem is..

horseymen@yahoo.com

As for the censoring and all I cant comment....I just write....but I enjoy the talk on the boards.....it is typically knowledgeable football talk.....sometimes it gets crazy and off topic but it can get like that here too.....Matt has his opinions and they are strong but 9 times outta 10 I agree with him....

Keith the comment Diggs made was not referring to this site.....Matt likes this site and visits often and he resects greatly what this site has done...hopefully he can come on here and say what he has to say...but I had to come on and defend him a little.....

Gobbla2001
02-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I tell you a way to run into funding problems, keep dissing the disabled... Can you Digg that?

Gobbla2001
02-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I gotta defend my buddy Matt here.....Gobbla I just asked him if he banned you and he doesn't recall doing it.....he asked me to tell you to e-mail him and he can see what the problem is..

horseymen@yahoo.com

As for the censoring and all I cant comment....I just write....but I enjoy the talk on the boards.....it is typically knowledgeable football talk.....sometimes it gets crazy and off topic but it can get like that here too.....Matt has his opinions and they are strong but 9 times outta 10 I agree with him....

Keith the comment Diggs made was not referring to this site.....Matt likes this site and visits often and he resects greatly what this site has done...hopefully he can come on here and say what he has to say...but I had to come on and defend him a little.....

I can respect that, thanks, but no thanks... I'd end up getting banned for losing my patience with the Wimberly people...
;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-28-2005, 06:56 PM
I also write for that site (texasprepxtra.com) and I think it is great that we cover games all over the state. I do West Texas and get to cover the game of my choice each week. I would suspect that a Quanah wouldn't get much statewide coverage otherwise. For the football fan the site is good. Especially the recruiting and the All Area teams. As far as the message board goes I post occasionally on it. I tend to like 3A ball and of course this particular site is the breadwinner for that classification.

Matthew328
02-28-2005, 06:59 PM
I am not sure when Matt dissed anyone who is disabled.......I can't comment on that but knowing Matt I would doubt it happened....

Ranger Mom
02-28-2005, 07:03 PM
I am not sure when Matt dissed anyone who is disabled.......I can't comment on that but knowing Matt I would doubt it happened....

I read the post in question...which has probably been deleted by now.

I know the site he was referring to and the person he was referring to....it DID happen, I read it with my own two eyes!

Gobbla2001
02-28-2005, 07:07 PM
I forget which radio show it was, but he had a small stumbled in his voice, like he had a saliva bubble in the back of his throat or something (happens to the best of us)...

After recovering he says something to the effect of "Sounded like another high school radio host", which was true, it did... But to point it out like that?

I actually brought it up on one of your sticky topics about 'radio show # whichever", he never responded...

Matthew328
02-28-2005, 07:10 PM
I know what site he was referring to...and his comment in question didn't refer to anyone's disability......the name that he called the other person was more to the effect of what he thought were dumb opinions.....but it's neither here nor there....I'll let Matt defend himself...he's a big boy....but I don't understand why people are upset that Matt doesn't care much for the other website.....it's kind of obvious...the other site is direct competition to the site that he and now I work for....just like a few years ago when other people tried to come on and promote other 3A websites that would be direct competition to this website....if you think I liked those guys well you were sadly mistaken....so it somewhat baffles me when people think Matt is some bad guy because he doesn't like direct competition to his website....

Gobbla2001
02-28-2005, 07:12 PM
I know what site he was referring to...and his comment in question didn't refer to anyone's disability......the name that he called the other person was more to the effect of what he thought were dumb opinions.....but it's neither here nor there....I'll let Matt defend himself...he's a big boy....but I don't understand why people are upset that Matt doesn't care much for the other website.....it's kind of obvious...the other site is direct competition to the site that he and now I work for....just like a few years ago when other people tried to come on and promote other 3A websites that would be direct competition to this website....if you think I liked those guys well you were sadly mistaken....so it somewhat baffles me when people think Matt is some bad guy because he doesn't like direct competition to his website....

I agree, you see competition advertising on your board etc..., you try and get rid of it...

I was unaware of any of this that you two are discussing, but if it is infact about texasHSfootball.com, then the radio show comment infuriates me even more...

Matthew328
02-28-2005, 07:18 PM
The deal with Matt and Chris at least to my knowledge got really personal on both sides....so I can't comment....like I said if you are talking about any nickname from my understanding that was given before anyone knew anything......

Gobbla2001
02-28-2005, 07:22 PM
The deal with Matt and Chris at least to my knowledge got really personal on both sides....so I can't comment....like I said if you are talking about any nickname from my understanding that was given before anyone knew anything......

Oh, didn't hear about any nicknames...

Holmes_Fans
02-28-2005, 07:44 PM
I got warned by jacket2000 once for posting another football website

ej2525
03-01-2005, 08:54 AM
blacklisted = ROM here...

I think it comes from when I talked crapola bout that idiot sports-show dude, Matt Diggs, from over there ON THIS BOARD...

Never knew you could be banned from one board for posting something on a completely different one...

Hmmm, that's crazy...

Get a lawyer!! :D

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 02:10 PM
The only time i did a mass black list of people is about the whole Ennis thing. Imagine - on this board, literally 70 fans from say.. Abilene Wylie, who all go to games together, band together, believe together and are passionate about what they do.. and anytime anyone says anything bad about the Bulldogs, like 50 of the 70 gang up on you and dominate the conversation. That's what happened with the Ennis people - they were driving people away. Even without those users posting - our message board content magically gone up 18% from this time last year - and this is a non realignment year. Coincidence? I think not.

I have not banned anyone from Cuero that I know about - I need a username to investigate - perhaps you DID forget your password. I know Coach Reeve from his days at Plano West - we saw him at the Coaches' Clinic (Little Matt did a writeup about it).. and I personally have nothing against Cuero.

As far as hating my radio show - I don't care about that either. I have made a conscious decision to specifically be edgy on the radio show - it's not for everyone and I knew that coming into it. Howard Stern didn't get popular by making everyone listen to him reading a list of scores daily. You can think it's crap - at the end of the day, 10,000 listeners, 8 advertisers, the DFW Coaches' Clinic (who allowed TPX to be the only media outlet to cover the event) seem to think we're doing okay. I'm sure I've driven off 1,000 listeners - join the club. if I just read scores and did boring interviews, we'd probably have 2,000 listeners who might all sing our praise, but it's not what I want to do. If you're curious how hard it is to get advertisers, go to TexasHSFootball.com or any other HS football site other than DCTF and see how many THEY have. Last time I checked - zero.

And yes, Chris and I have a very personal issue going. I could write 3 paragraphs about it and why I dislike him and his work - but that's not the forum for that pissing match. The scoreboard says it all. We keep hiring new writers and hit new all time daily subscriber highs and keep giving ourselves raises and having new advertisers while he begs for donations to stay afloat another month.

This year - the addition of "Little Matt" as we call him as been a wonderful addition. His stories are capitivating the rivals.com network - he has gotten high praise from names like Bobby Burton and others associated with the rivals.com brand - and he remembers his roots and represents 3A and 4A and YOU guys.. and I have nothing but respect for that.

Little Matt has also been chosen to replace Kev as part of the crew on "The Show" - you can already hear his work on the past 5 shows doing interviews at the Coaches' Clinic. The series of Shows in February are focusing on state championship interviews with coaches and bits and pieces from the coaches' clinic. These are exclusive soundbites you wont' hear anywhere else - not on THSF Live 365, not on anything. We have produced 85 weekly shows now - without a break. You may think it's a horrible radio show - but no one else in the industry consistent does what we do, and when they try, they quit.

As far as making fun of the disabled - in my opinion if you put yourself on the public stage by your own doing, you choose to do that. You don't hear people with speech impediments host radio shows. You don't hear people with disabilities host TV shows. Why is that? Gee, I wonder.. but I guess America has the same issue I do then, because you don't see equal opportunity on that end. I know by any means I am not a polished broadcaster and could use speech training as it relates to a radio voice - but anyone who hears the polished voice of Bob Sturm on The Ticket and then hears his "And here we are with Sparky Anderson" knows that specific training on that end would work wonders - but I have no aspirations to do radio as a career.. I do what I do because I have fun doing it. Even if no one listened, I'd do it.. I enjoy the bantering with Little Matt and Billy about issues from Steroids to "Will Carrollton Ranchview be better this year?"

I make fun of myself on The Show - we are a light hearted fun guy talk oriented show. It's just what we are.. and week in and week out, our listenership only continues to grow.

Like the site or hate the site - it's #1 on Google, it's the #1 site in Texas, we have 22,000 REGISTERED readers - and that's not even talking about the guests - we have hundreds of subscribers who pay 10 bucks a month to read what we do. The DFW board breaks news before the Morning News does - and at least one Dallas Morning News HS Football beat writer has told me that he looks for stories on our board. From Jamal Evans' mom choosing our board to state her side of the major story that happened with her son, to recruiting - the top 5 QB prospects in Texas's parents all post on our board.. whatever it is I do and have done for the last 5 years must be working, because I can tell you where we were when I started, and it was about 1,000 registered users and 1 million page views a year. now, it's 22k subscribers and 20 million page views. (shrug)

And yes, I do love this site.

Keith7
03-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Wow that is one cocky person.. who died and made you the god of High School football??? I have been suckered into buying a rivals membership once and did not like it one bit.. Your articles lack depth and often are one sided..

I would never recomend anybody to buy a rivals membership.. Just read the entire post above this one and you can see why.. These guys are all about the money and popularity, rather than what high school athletics is all about, love and passion for the sport that is being played..

I'll just say this, I'd rather read Woman's World than an article off of Rivals

HighSchool Fan
03-01-2005, 02:57 PM
I'll just say this, I'd rather read Woman's World than an article off of Rivals

you the man Keith :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 03:02 PM
And that's your right - but thousands of people don't share your opinion. Hopefully you choose to financially support this website, because everytime you post - it costs someone on this website money - and if this is significantly better - we welcome you to stay here; however, make sure you financially support it, or hope the owners have deep pockets and that "love for the game" you mentioned. Thank the owners with the bling..

Ironically enough, Gainesville guy - your Gainesville coach LOVES our site and has made Producer Billy a Leopards uniform and has enlisted us to help him recruit and contact some players for the Oil Bowl which he is coaching in. Ironies. :) We spent almost an hour talking to him at the Coaches' Clinic.

HighSchool Fan
03-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Everyone please bow down to Matt Diggs, after all, he does think he's God.

Keith7
03-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Horseymen
And that's your right - but thousands of people don't share your opinion. Hopefully you choose to financially support this website, because everytime you post - it costs someone on this website money - and if this is significantly better - we welcome you to stay here; however, make sure you financially support it, or hope the owners have deep pockets and that "love for the game" you mentioned. Thank the owners with the bling..

Ironically enough, Gainesville guy - your Gainesville coach LOVES our site and has made Producer Billy a Leopards uniform and has enlisted us to help him recruit and contact some players for the Oil Bowl which he is coaching in. Ironies. :) We spent almost an hour talking to him at the Coaches' Clinic.

Ponyman,

I have a feeling most of those thousands of people you are talking about do share the same opinions as I do.. You see, you guys have interesting ideas, but once you get into the article you feel like you have been ripped off.. so yea people do subscribe to your one sided/boring website, but how many renew that subscription?? and If you had any half way decent compatition you guys would not even be up anymore I promise you that...

also, Ironically enough, just because I live in the same town as my former coaches doesn't mean that we think exactly alike.. what it sounds like to me is our coaches are trying to get them and thier player's names out, thats strictly business..

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 03:24 PM
We have about a 20% cancellation rate - which means 80% subscribe month after month after month. Some have paid up to 4-5 years. 20% also have 1 year paid memberships - never had a paid year membership cancelled (they would get their money back) - I'm sure people agree - but you can't get the recruiting stuff we do anywhere. Perhaps you don't care about recruiting or exclusive videos or any of that stuff - and that's your right. I don't write premium articles - I write articles for the everyday fan.. we have Little Matt and others for that.

It's not about being arrogant, HSFB-Fan, it's about defending your organization and having pride in it. We are #1 - some of you are choosing to bash it, which is your right, and it is my right to defend it with FACTS - if those facts come across as arrogance, I'm sorry . #1 on google is not a subjective term. Most profitable is not a subjective term - there are all substantial facts to back this up. 22k registered users, hundreds of subscribers .. all facts.

Keith7
03-01-2005, 03:26 PM
What are yall number one on google when people put in "texas prep xtra"??

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Nope, type in texas high school football - you can see for yourself. Even the website that has that as its name is only third.

Keith7
03-01-2005, 03:30 PM
thats why i don't use google, it always has crappy search results

Keith7
03-01-2005, 03:36 PM
I see you have some big time companys advertising on your site.. lol

http://ak.maxserving.com/images/894/Visitor_3_v1_468x60_a_TMP.gif

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Again, you can continue to dismiss anything you want. Being a doctoral study in psychology, I know that a lot of people don't like the mainstream media or what is considered the mainstream media in a certain situation - some people don't like ESPN - they'd prefer Fox, CNN/SI or some other outlet.. that's fine, but it doesn't change ESPN is ESPN. Some people would rather read a local paper than the Morning News - but in Dallas, the Morning News is the top dog. You can hate us/me all you want - but there's a reason there are no other competitors. TexasHSFootball.com, the other main competitor, has a history of starting projects and then not ending them - I dont' think he updated his standings after week 8 last year - promised a 365 day radio show and after the first day put it on hiatus for 6 weeks, promises the world and then fails to delivery consistenly.. it's going to take a team of 10-15 people who are willing to lose 3 to 4 thousand a year for 3-4 years to even get close to competing - are you in a position to do that? Alan Zepeda, our boss - lost thousands of dollars when he first started up until two years ago. Whoever owns this site is losing money too.. and that's why I say put your money where your mouth is and SUPPORT THIS SITE.

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 03:39 PM
We have Nike, Fox Sports Southwest, the playmaker line of clothing among other things.. we sponsor the 7 on 7 tournament every year and we help choose the all-star team.. who sponsors this site? Who sponsors any other Texas HS football website? exactly.

Keith7
03-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Why are you acting like this is your company?? without the Rivals network you would have a website just like texashsfootball.com

and since when does having a psychology degree qualify you to write about texas high school football??

HighSchool Fan
03-01-2005, 03:41 PM
whatever it is I do and have done for the last 5 years must be working, because I can tell you where we were when I started, and it was about 1,000 registered users and 1 million page views a year. now, it's 22k subscribers and 20 million page views. (shrug)

And yes, I do love this site.

attitudes like this is the prob. you are basically saying that without you the web site wouldn't exist. show some humility.

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 03:48 PM
We had a website just like that - Rivals chose to pick us up - if you recall, 3 years ago - High School Xtra, the Fox show - chose our website to merge with and handle their web presence - that's when we changed from Texas Prep Football to Texas Prep Xtra. Then Rivals/Alliance Sports picked us up as well. They could have picked up that other site - they just chose not to.. wonder why?

THSF or whoever can get with the insiders or other sites.. but the sites who are already on networks don't necessary guarantee success. We are successful because we provide a ton of content as well.

I do think I have a partial responsibility in the growth of the website - just like I think 3Adownlow posters have partial responsibility in the growth of this website, without Keith7's and Gobbla's and Matthew328's and Ranger mom's, there would be no 3adownlow.com that is popular and active.

Keith7
03-01-2005, 03:52 PM
was texashsfootball.com even around back then?? I think you guys just got lucky, you know one of those right place/right time type of things.. but go ahead and do your thing.. maybe when the number of subsribers keep falling you will realize that what your offering is nothing special.. and you won't go around talking about how your website is the greatest on the internet..

HighSchool Fan
03-01-2005, 03:54 PM
i don't think anyone on here would take as much credit as you take. i'm sure no one here would claim to be the reason that we have as many posters as we have.

Keith7
03-01-2005, 03:56 PM

THSF or whoever can get with the insiders or other sites.. but the sites who are already on networks don't necessary guarantee success. We are successful because we provide a ton of content as well.

Wait a second.. You guys provide the content???

No.. you guys provide the content that everybody has complained about on this very thread.. the Rivals network provide the content that most are interested in..

SintonFan
03-01-2005, 04:00 PM
I thought Gobbla was originally talking about the "pig"???

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
A lot of rivals content comes from us - we mail off videos to rivals and they put them online, but we get the videos.. Alan does the recruiting lists, Little Matt does recruiting updates - I do football (free) stuff.

Why hasn't subscribers fallen in 3 years? YOu'd think we'd hit our wall according to you. Normally, a rivals website loses 40% of its subscribers during the offseason. We are up 5% from when football season ended. (Mostly thanks to LIttle Matt and his new Stepping Stones recruiting series)

Keith7
03-01-2005, 04:07 PM
A lot of rivals content comes from us - we mail off videos to rivals and they put them online, but we get the videos.. Alan does the recruiting lists, Little Matt does recruiting updates - I do football (free) stuff.

Why hasn't subscribers fallen in 3 years? YOu'd think we'd hit our wall according to you. Normally, a rivals website loses 40% of its subscribers during the offseason. We are up 5% from when football season ended. (Mostly thanks to LIttle Matt and his new Stepping Stones recruiting series)

Yea Texas high school football is huge I think everybody knows that, and congrats on being the first people to get your foot in the door and make money off of it on the internet.. I think the recent popularity of high school football (friday night lights, nationally broadcasted games, ect.) has played a part in your sucess this last season.. you'll see.. Anybody can package crap into a box and put a fancy signature on it, but that won't sale forever once word gets out that its just crap in a box

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 04:11 PM
But that's if thousands of people think it's crap.. our rankings are run in 65 newspapers and growing every year, we are getting stronger writers who actually have sports experience (you're right - being a psychologist doesn't make me qualified - I personally am certainly the prime example of right place - right time).

I know I get better every year as more coaches know who I am and give me inside information - our website has broken several big stories this off season..

Gobbla2001
03-01-2005, 05:59 PM
No, SintonFan, the 'Pig' is, Texas Preps, confusing, but that's what it is...

Texas Preps is a member of the AllSports network, crap compared to Rivals network from what I know...

The Pig still has a front page full of last year's playoffs (Calallen only CC team left in playoffs), no one would ever visit the site if the message board weren't there...

Ranger Mom
03-01-2005, 08:07 PM
WOW!! This thread has exploded since I last read it.

I don't know anything about the site as a whole....the ONLY place I have ever even visited was the message board. I have never listened to a radio broacast nor read any articles.

When this website needs money for an upgrade, the word goes out and the money comes in. Heck, we even auctioned off a T-Shirt to the highest bidder with the funds going into an account for the direct use of the site.

At 3adownlow and TexasHSFootball I have alway felt "at home". That was one feeling I NEVER had TxPrepXtra.....my membership is still there but has been dormant for some time.

sinton66
03-01-2005, 09:23 PM
There is a lot of difference between this board and all of the others.
Number one, none of us are here to make money offf anybody, especially our members, and they all KNOW that. Our mission always has been, is now, and always will be to provide a clean, fun, and informative place for people to support their favorite 3A teams.
Number two, this site gets its popularity from the class of the people who become members. You should be well aware of that as you have just hired one of the classiest individuals from this board.
Number three, as RangerMom said, what really sets us apart is that people feel at home here, aren't ashamed to share this site with family members, and in fact come to regard the other members here as an extension of their own family. In short, most of us have become friends.
Number four, we don't have sponsors, don't need sponsors, and don't want sponsors. We love this board just as it is.
Number five, our members are very loyal to this board. Keith7 is one of many college students on tight budgets that can't afford to make a contribution right now, and that's okay with the rest of us. If we need to take donations, we post a sticky, and what ever we need comes in. But, there's a definite reason for that. The members here are told the truth upfront about what the money will be used for.

Keith is right, high school football isn't about business. It's about the kids and their blood, sweat, determination, tears, aspirations, hopes, dreams , efforts, rewards and failures.

So Matt, hopefully you'll forgive me for saying this, but I understand where our members are coming from here. Having read your statements above, frankly , you sound like one long commercial.

NHSRattler60
03-01-2005, 09:30 PM
YES! THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! You da man Sinton66

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 09:37 PM
And everything you offer on your website for free, you can get on our website for free.. all this is right now is one big message board - we have that for free as well. What you are not differentiating is premium content - I fully believe that premium content is just that - premium. We post team previews of every single high school in Texas .. from Abernathy to Yoakum and all cities in between. Again, your tone might change if your website was one that offered 2,800 articles for free with over 1 gig of accessible videos. If other sites had everything we had for free - I'd agree with your point. The message boards aren't charged for and aren't there to make money.

Premium recruiting updates, videos of games, individual team previews, videos of prospects and recruiting lists are the only premium things - all things this site and other sites don't offer. The things we have for free are district previews, rankings, game writeups, the cub reporter program (2005), standings, schedules, scoreboards - all of this is free - and that is where most of our passions lie - even at that, we still provide more free content than any other site.. when others provide this for free, then we can get on the high horse about commercialism and what not.

Gobbla2001
03-01-2005, 09:42 PM
And everything you offer on your website for free, you can get on our website for free.. all this is right now is one big message board - we have that for free as well. What you are not differentiating is premium content - I fully believe that premium content is just that - premium. We post team previews of every single high school in Texas .. from Abernathy to Yoakum and all cities in between. Again, your tone might change if your website was one that offered 2,800 articles for free with over 1 gig of accessible videos. If other sites had everything we had for free - I'd agree with your point. The message boards aren't charged for and aren't there to make money.

Premium recruiting updates, videos of games, individual team previews, videos of prospects and recruiting lists are the only premium things - all things this site and other sites don't offer. The things we have for free are district previews, rankings, game writeups, the cub reporter program (2005), standings, schedules, scoreboards - all of this is free - and that is where most of our passions lie - even at that, we still provide more free content than any other site.. when others provide this for free, then we can get on the high horse about commercialism and what not.

What was it, 66? A commercial?

NHSRattler60
03-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Diggs, put down the shovel and walk away. Nobody cares about Rivals premiums. Heck, I knew where chris smith and Markeith Wesley were going before ANY website did. And those 2 are the only ones I care about. Big whoop. I can get any tape of any game Ive played in from the coaches office. Nobody likes the articles, and nobody likes you. Thanks for playin though.

CHS_CG
03-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Well.. if you like to defend your site soo much.. go back to it. Our site does just fine and we dont need YOU to tell us what we are missin by not chargin a fee for it. We are one big family here and when our site needs money.. we step up.

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 09:46 PM
I'mma gonna advertise in Cuero's program this year just for you.

NHSRattler60
03-01-2005, 09:47 PM

If you look at the bottom in really small print it says:

This Advertisement was payed for by Matt Diggs and sponsored by Rivals.com

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Fantastic - quit talking about the website and I'll quit defending it. It's that simple. I do have better uses of my time.. but I'm also not going to let people bash my website.. your little family is nice and all.. and I don't care if you're bitter that I profit from high school football.. if you all could, you would - now one of your own, Little Matt - profits quite nicely from it as well. I hope you turn on him as well. :) Two of your posters are now paid writers for our website..

sinton66
Sorry, Matt, but as I said, there's no one here looking to make a buck off the backs of highschool atheletes. I guess you could call most of us "purists" in that respect and we probably wouldn't disagree.

Bearing that in mind, you probably aren't gaining many supporters here with your efforts to pat yourself on the back.

You've found a way to make money off a sport we all love, good for you. However, you just STOPPED advertising on this site.

Gobbla2001
I'mma gonna advertise in Cuero's program this year just for you.

WHOA... Shaking in my boots here... shaking... this is me shaking...

Know some folks in the journalism department at Cuero (the students make the programs etc... as I did my senior year) Would be willing to help...

That's if I were into false advertisment...

Us faithful posters here from the great city/town/community/whatever would come up with a pretty nice add against it, though...

It will be a sad day, though, trash in our program and all...

Gobbla2001
03-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Fantastic - quit talking about the website and I'll quit defending it. It's that simple. I do have better uses of my time.. but I'm also not going to let people bash my website.. your little family is nice and all.. and I don't care if you're bitter that I profit from high school football.. if you all could, you would - now one of your own, Little Matt - profits quite nicely from it as well. I hope you turn on him as well. :) Two of your posters are now paid writers for our website..

You keep saying 'little matt'... you weigh 500 pounds or something?

I weigh 245 fyi...

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 09:55 PM
What would your ad say? Don't visit the state's largest website because they make money? It would definitely be a ringing endorsement.

I guess one of your moderators and leading names on the site wasn't a purist - he happily took the money.

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Matt Stepp is Litttle Matt - (Matthew328). I've got about 3 inches and 100 pounds on him.

Holmes_Fans
03-01-2005, 09:57 PM

CHS_CG
03-01-2005, 09:58 PM

well excuse us that our website cares more about info and stats of the sport we love then money. There is an old saying " money is the root of all evil." If our matt makes a profit off of your site thats great WHATEVER. We dont need you on our site tellin us how great it is to pay money for your site. We will stop talkin about your stupid website when you get off of ours.

CHS_CG
03-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Matt Stepp is Litttle Matt - (Matthew328). I've got about 3 inches and 100 pounds on him.

100 lbs of BS

Gobbla2001
03-01-2005, 09:59 PM
What would your ad say? Don't visit the state's largest website because they make money? It would definitely be a ringing endorsement.

I guess one of your moderators and leading names on the site wasn't a purist - he happily took the money.

Nah, wouldn't get into any of that...

It would be easier than you think...

Let's see, visit a board that bs's with statewide coverage but takes metroplex seriously (which is fine, if it were 'metroplexxtra'), or come to a 3A site 'STARTED BY A CUERO PERSON'...

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 10:00 PM
You had 40 posts about me before I said anything - let's not confuse the facts here. Have one of your senior family members delete the thread - I have nothing more I need to say to most of you other than by way of response.

Hupernikomen
03-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Funny thing is he boast hundreds of premiums members...yeah and there are hundreds of young men who are ranked as well..wonder how many of those mommas and daddies are the ones buying those premium tickets??

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 10:01 PM
My job is to cover the metroplex, of course I talk about the metroplex - plenty of people talk about Cuero, Victoria, Sinton and that area.. you just have to go to (gasp) that part of the message board. That's like me criticizing a Corpus Christi fan for not talking enough about Amarillo.

Ranger Mom
03-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Have one of your senior family members delete the thread

Are you calling us OLD????

Sorry....bad attempt to inject some humor here!:p

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm sure a significant number of subscriptions are parents of highly ranked prospects.

Gobbla2001
03-01-2005, 10:08 PM
My job is to cover the metroplex, of course I talk about the metroplex - plenty of people talk about Cuero, Victoria, Sinton and that area.. you just have to go to (gasp) that part of the message board. That's like me criticizing a Corpus Christi fan for not talking enough about Amarillo.

But the radio show, supposed to be a reflection of the site, correct?

You go deep into the metro, then when it comes time for outside of metro, you guys start laughing etc... like 'ho-hum'... simple fact...

Hupernikomen
03-01-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm sure a significant number of subscriptions are parents of highly ranked prospects.

I am too, and as I am sure that a significant of amount of Who's Who's Among American High School Students books that are sold are sold to those listed therein. Both seem like an underhanded way of making money to me. That is just my opinion.

Any national media groups use your rankings of atheletes in grading recruitment classes?

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 10:11 PM
ESPN does, Fox Sports Southwest does and the USA Today does as well.. the Morning News' recruiting section redirects to our website.

Gobbla2001
03-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I am too, and as I am sure that a significant of amount of Who's Who's Among American High School Students books that are sold are sold to those listed therein. Both seem like an underhanded way of making money to me. That is just my opinion.

Any national media groups use your rankings of atheletes in grading recruitment classes?

I thought the rankings were done by rivals, just on every rivals members site? that's what I thought, atleast...

NHSRattler60
03-01-2005, 10:13 PM
MATT DIGGS:

You make money...great
Thousands go to your website...wonderful
"LITTLE MATT" Works with you...okay

GO AWAY. Be the man you supposedly are instead of arguing with High School students. We no longer care about you, we no longer care about what you have to say. You sound like an over played commercial for some kind of hemroid creme.

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 10:13 PM
We do devote considerable time to Houston, Centex and East Texas.. if we found a South Texas person who knew what they were talking about, we'd let them on too - no skin off my back. Of course I talk most about what I know - the region which I cover. You talk about the subject you know the most about - Cuero. I'd love to see you intelligently debate District 8-5A - just like I'm sure I'd look like an idiot intelligently debating district 30-3A.

Holmes_Fans
03-01-2005, 10:20 PM
to all -
http://img106.exs.cx/img106/7171/cheese7is.jpg

Gobbla2001
03-01-2005, 10:21 PM
We do devote considerable time to Houston, Centex and East Texas.. if we found a South Texas person who knew what they were talking about, we'd let them on too - no skin off my back. Of course I talk most about what I know - the region which I cover. You talk about the subject you know the most about - Cuero. I'd love to see you intelligently debate District 8-5A - just like I'm sure I'd look like an idiot intelligently debating district 30-3A.

I don't advertise a statewide radio-show and only go into deep detail about one area...

Gobbla2001
03-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Ha @ Kyle...

Sorry, I can't find a 'sucking up' picture anywhere...

Imagine one:

To Kyle:

(imagination used here)

:p

Horseymen
03-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Kinda like how most national shows focus on the northeast? we can't have that, can we?

sinton66
03-01-2005, 10:25 PM
if we found a South Texas person who knew what they were talking about, we'd let them on too - no skin off my back.

Then put an ad you PAY for in the South Texas papers. Quit advertising on here. This thread is closed.