PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City beats Jasper 6-2 to win LC-M Tournament tonight

Old Cardinal
02-26-2005, 11:16 PM
It was a long misty day with a lot of good baseball. BC topped Jasper 10-6 early, only to have to face them again in the grand finale tonight. Maybe the most significant win of the day was BC 9 LC-M 1. Jasper also beat LC-M 10-6, then beat H-F to get the right to play in the final contest.
I sure wish that self-proclaimed baseball expert from Houston could have seen Ben Myers humming that baseball from the pitchers mound. I don't think we would be so quick to down the young man as a pitching prospect if he could have seen him on the mound. Ben M. put on an extraordinary performance coming into a game early with the bases loaded and working his way out of a jam.
I have a feeling that Jasper and BC will meet again in the playoffs and it will be a good game.

sinton66
02-27-2005, 10:15 AM
I hope a little ole team from South Texas gets the chance to play either of them. That would mean good things have happened for both squads.;)

Old Cardinal
02-27-2005, 12:08 PM
I agree 66, It's kind of hard to win a Region Title for any team. What does it look like to you down in Region IV? Who are the top prospects at this time?

Chopblock
02-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey Old Cardinal even thought we are no longer 3a
Elgins womens softball team is 8-0, we have beat 5a#10 Round Rock, Belton, Georgetown and #10 3a Lagrange

Old Cardinal
02-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Boy that Katie Garnett is a great pitcher. She sure upset some good teams last year and it looks like that she will do it again in 4A. I think they will be meeting either LC-M, PN-G or Nederland in the bracket play in 4A post season.
I look for them to move up in the TGCA rankings with their recent wins over Round Rock, etc:

sinton66
02-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I agree 66, It's kind of hard to win a Region Title for any team. What does it look like to you down in Region IV? Who are the top prospects at this time?

Here's the last coaches poll.
Texas 3A
1 Perryton ()
2 Lorena ()
3 Sinton ()
4 Carthage ()
5 Yoakum ()
6 Jasper ()
7 Lubbock Cooper ()
8 Falfurrias ()
9 Bridge City ()
10 Llano ()

There are four R4 teams in this top ten. All are legitimate contenders for the R4 crown. This season could get very interesting by the time the tourney arrives.

Old Cardinal
02-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Actually you are quoting from the THSB Magazine Preseason Poll, not a Coaches Poll. I think since Doug Recio lives in Region IV, he is prone to see Region IV as strong; just as all of us see our Regions as a little stronger. Especially after they win State a few times in a row.
Personally I think that the Poll is an archive now seeing how there is solid strength being shown by a number of teams that did not even make the top ten preseason! I really don't think Perryton for instance could even be competitive in Region III or Region IV.
That is not a put down on Doug Recio or his co-heart Larry Bodin, they are dedicated Baseball savvy folks but it is just real hard to evaluate folks that don't have any common opponents. Based on the empirical data and how Region III has been dominating; I would not want to predict a dominate team from Region III at this time but will confidently predict that again this year Region III will provide the winner in the State Championship.

Question--Is Demie Davila still catching for Sinton? I think he and Reese Cresswell(Perryton) were the best Catchers outside of possibly a few in Region III.

sinton66
02-27-2005, 05:53 PM
You could be right. I copied from the coaches' site though, not The Mag site.
I believe Davilla graduated in '03, but not real sure about that.