PDA

View Full Version : Food for Thought!

HotDawg89
09-18-2003, 04:47 PM
I don't know... I started thinking about it, cause I'm one of those people who have never been a 5, never said anything truly tacky or rude either- I have had like 50 ratings, and I'm one of the people who have asked for a favor, and one of them who have griped about a couple of rear ends giving averyone a 1...

Reflection? I really think of that children's story by Max Lucado about the stickers. Long story short, there is this little town of wooden people and all they have to do ..their entire life's purpose... is to hand out stars or dots. You get stars if you are good or they like you, dots if they don't like you. This one girl, has neither. They simply won't stick to her at all. It is because she visits the little people carver and she realizes all that is important is what he thinks of her- so nothing anyone else says "sticks to her" <>< Great story huh? So I'm officially going to quit griping- and I'm going to disable my stars.

I posted this in the ratings poll as well. Sorry if you had the misfortune of reading it twice! :D

3afan2K3
09-18-2003, 07:56 PM
<small>[ September 18, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Gobbla2001
09-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Amen!