PDA

View Full Version : Jasper boys upset Hardin-Jefferson 63-55.

j_dog
02-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Jasper boys, in a huge upset, beat Hardin-Jefferson by 63-55. It looks like Jasper will be playing Silsbee next for a replay between first place Silsbee and third place Jasper from district 22-3a.

Bulldog_12
02-25-2005, 10:25 PM
WOW! Thats awesome, congrats dogs!

kepdawg
02-25-2005, 11:00 PM
SWEET!

Hupernikomen
02-26-2005, 01:11 AM
man what a surprise...holding HJ to 55 points is unbelieveable.

Astrosdawg07
02-26-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Jasper boys, in a huge upset, beat Hardin-Jefferson by 63-55. It looks like Jasper will be playing Silsbee next for a replay between first place Silsbee and third place Jasper from district 22-3a.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!

Old Cardinal
02-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Way to go Dogs. I think that the attitude change at H-J into a "we are unbeatable" may have been their downfall. That ought to really ba a great game between J. and S.

Tiger90
02-26-2005, 02:44 PM
There definitely has been an arrogance at HJ. Sutherland is a standup guy,but the rest of the group has a very "superior" type attitude. At any rate good to see our district do well. Heard the game will either be at Kirbyville or Buna. Coin toss is in about an hour.

NSUTrumpet08
02-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Way to go Dawgs! Keep it up!

Bulldog_12
02-27-2005, 12:57 AM
This game will be played at Kirbyville. GO DAWGS!!!

YBS
02-27-2005, 10:19 AM
YBS is ressurrected AND GO DAWGS!

Bobcatfan4life
02-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Just to let the Jasper fans know(you may already know because you have played Silsbee twice), their team and fans are the most cocky, disrespectful fans I have seen. During our game with them Friday, with about five minutes left and the game clearly out of reach for us, as we were running downcourt one of their players for no reason punched one of our guys in the nose. He came off the court bloodied and it took about ten minutes for the refs to decide to eject the player that punched him. While the refs were deciding what to do, the Silsbee players were taunting our fans. If that wasn't enough their fans on the other side of the court stood up and began chanting na na na na hey hey goodbye as our bloodied player walked to the locker room. We had already lost the game and they added insult to injury.

GO GET EM DOGS!!

AggiesAreWe
02-28-2005, 09:54 AM
First of all, you're comments are very exaggerated. Yes, there was an altercation, but definetly two sided, not one sided. There was an ejection, it happens sometimes, heat of the battle, no excuse. Secondly, don't judge a group on actions of a few. Jasper fans know Silsbee fans, and vice versa. We each have great respect for each other after many years of battles. Orangefield's first time in playoffs in over 46 years may have you a little emotional, so I can understand a little sour milk. Lastly, the cockyness of our team may be misunderstood as confidence. Silsbee has a great history of playoff prowess in basketball, kind of been there done that theme. Maybe Orangefield can get there someday.

WOS1
02-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Does Silsbee have any state titles in BB?

WOS1
03-02-2005, 03:41 PM
I guess not...

j_dog
03-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I guess not...
If they do, I have never heard about it. I think they did win state in track some years ago, with another Doss.

superslyguy06
03-02-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm so excited. I guess this means now that me and all my friends are only the SECOND worst group of fans in TX. WOOO HOOO!!!!

Tiger90
03-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Bobcatfan4life
Just to let the Jasper fans know(you may already know because you have played Silsbee twice), their team and fans are the most cocky, disrespectful fans I have seen. During our game with them Friday, with about five minutes left and the game clearly out of reach for us, as we were running downcourt one of their players for no reason punched one of our guys in the nose. He came off the court bloodied and it took about ten minutes for the refs to decide to eject the player that punched him. While the refs were deciding what to do, the Silsbee players were taunting our fans. If that wasn't enough their fans on the other side of the court stood up and began chanting na na na na hey hey goodbye as our bloodied player walked to the locker room. We had already lost the game and they added insult to injury.

GO GET EM DOGS!!

Selective memory here. The Silsbee side hardly had any fans, most were in Huntsville with the girls. The incident happened with well more than 5 minutes and the game was close. I may be wrong but I believe just under a minute was left in the 3rd quarter. No ref truly seen what happened, but one claimed he seen something in his peripheral vision. It was uncalled for and he was rightfully ejected. A Silsbee coach actually seen the event and reprimanded the player in the back. The "goodbye" chant was started by a very small group of people there when Silsbee went up by 20 with about 2 minutes left in the game. Many school's fans chant that especially during football season. I would imagine many here on this board do as well. During the incident the Ofield fans were rowdier than Silsbee to the point some were corraled off of the floor and told by the announcer they would be ejected if they did not sit down. It was bad enough both sides were ordered to exit on opposite ends of the gym.

The young man involved in the incident was banned from last night's Jasper game by the coach. He was in the stands.

Before a wide brush is painted on fans at least get the facts straight. I could say Ofield fans are the worst based on the racial slurs thrown at the Kountze players last year, but what is the point and why trash a school's fanbase when in reality only a small group creates the problems.