PDA

View Full Version : GIDDINGS QB

EX_QB
09-10-2002, 10:14 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I AM MISSING ONE MORE GIDDINGS QB. I KNOW THERE IS DEGEROLAMI, GREEN, AND ALEXZANDER....BUT WASN'T THERE A SUPPOSIDLY GOOD JV QB?? I REMEMBER PLAYING AGAINST HIM IN GIDDINGS WHEN I WAS ON JV FOR CALDWELL. VERY GOOD ARM, ACCURACY AND SCRAMBLING SPEED. CAN'T REMEMBER HIS NAME THOUGH. HEARD HE QUIT B/C OF MONEY PROBS AND A HURT SHOULDER. RUMOR HAS IT HE WILL BE BACK.............???? ANYONE REMEMBER HIM??

oldbuff78
09-11-2002, 11:20 AM
You may be talking about the Bell kid. I have not heard anything on him.

Lombardi
09-11-2002, 11:23 AM
Giddings has enough talent left over from the 2001 team to make some noise this year. Don't count the buffs out just yet. It is very early......

Lou
09-11-2002, 11:48 AM
Oldbuff I asked you a question yesterday and I am growing impatient.

FB_GURU
09-11-2002, 11:53 AM
I would have to agree with Lambardi, its very early in the season and the buffs will be ok, just give'em awhile. I would like to know the answer to Lou's question as well. If he's right I may have coached with you also.

"The only good snake is a dead snake"

oldbuff78
09-11-2002, 01:43 PM
What was it Lou?

Lou
09-11-2002, 01:49 PM
I said I think we coached together at one time. I think you got out of coaching around 1994 or 1995 I can't remember offhand and I don't want to say your name over the board.

"Real men eat Coco Pebbles"

Lou
09-11-2002, 01:50 PM
P.S. This is a great site.

FB_GURU
09-11-2002, 02:26 PM
Hey Lou this is a great site. It seems almost impossible to get an answer to your question though. I just want to know if Buff is an old buddy of mine.

"Never leave your wing man"

duke_nukem
09-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Good luck Lou, I have been reading this board for over six months now and people have been trying to get oldbuff to come clean with no luck. It seems if he has something to cover up, many inconsistencies in his stories. Good luck pinning him down though.

duke_nukem
09-11-2002, 02:46 PM
By the way Lou, do you think you know oldbuff from the San Antonio area? If you do, we might know each other. I only know of one person who says "Real men eat Coco Pebbles".

exguru
09-11-2002, 02:49 PM
It will be hard to get a straight answer from OldBuff. Giddings lost their first game, but remember Rockdale had already played one. Buffs will get better. The kids will work hard, and will probably learn the system their working on. The Coaching will get better. Takes a while to get to know the personnel and what they can do. They'll make a big jump from game one to two. I never coached, but I know they'll get better! Good Luck Buffs!!

oldbuff78
09-11-2002, 03:53 PM
Got out of coaching in 2001. After 20 years.
Where have you coached Lou?

EX_QB
09-11-2002, 04:13 PM
OLDBUFF, YES THAT WAS HIS NAME BELL. JOSH BELL. I HAVE HEARD RUMORS THAT HE HAD OVER 700+ YRDS. PASSING HIS JV YEAR. AND ONLY THREW 4 INTERCEPTIONS. I THINK IF THE NEW HEAD COACH WOULDN'T BE SO WORRIED ABOUT RUNNING THE BALL, AND START CONCENTRATING ON PASSING, THAT BELL WOULD BE THE PERFECT PLAYER FOR THE SPOT. HE WAS EXCEPTIONALLY WELL. THE RUMOR WAS TRUE HE HAD TORE A SHOULDER MUSCLE ON THE THROWING ARM, OR SO I BELIEVE. MANY BODY KNOW ANY THING ELSE BOUT THE KID?

Lou
09-11-2002, 07:24 PM
Oldbuff when I was talking about getting out of coaching I was referring to football not Little League baseball. I just have one more question can you take a lead off first in Little League? I am not up to date on my rules.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"

FB_GURU
09-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Hey Mr. Bell it sounds like EX_QB is you. Now I don't live in Giddings but I do know some guys that coached there and I think that those stats are inflated. Now the real story that I have is that 1. You didn't have what it takes to show up and play this year. 2. You missed half of off season last year because you couldn't keep out trouble and you were in In School Suspinsion. Now stop trying to act like someone else and either play ball or shut up.

oldbuff78
09-11-2002, 09:03 PM
Get a life Lois!

Srs. o4
09-12-2002, 09:49 PM
This is Josh Bell. Just want to let everyone to know that I'm NOT EX_QB. Who are you by the way EX_QB??? The reason I'm not playing is b/c of money problems in the family and yes, b/c of a tore shoulder muscle. It was not b/c of any kind of school suspension, or getting in trouble, or not having what it takes. And to settle another debate, those stats were just a tad off, but not by much. My JV season was the best season I have ever played, yet. Back like the rumor is going on, I am coming back 110% heathy, and ready to take on all opponets. Hit me back EX_QB, I wanna know who you are.

2AKH
09-13-2002, 09:41 AM
With Matt and Jonathan at QB the buffs will definitely get better as they learn the new system. I wish these guys the best of luck and hope the get rollin soon.
Sure do miss talkin FB with you exguru i will always remember much of the great advice from you thanks for helpin a young coach such as myself develop.

INOUNVME
09-17-2002, 10:30 PM
There is no way I am going to get on a soap box here, but a few things need to be said. First, those posters that can do a much better job than presently done, go grab the job. I am sure Coach Odell can learn a great deal from your large pool of football knowledge (sarcasm there). Secondly, support the kids that are out there. Anyone can be an "athlete" in the hallway, it takes extra to be an athlete on the field of battle. Next, GHS coaches - keep your head up. You got support from those who know how hard you work. Lastly, GHS athletes - keep your eye on the goal. Don't let anything get in your way. Good luck the remainder of the way. GATA Buffs.