PDA

View Full Version : Is this really cruelty to Animals

HighSchool Fan
02-25-2005, 08:57 AM
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - Animal rights activists are disgusted by a new candy from Kraft Foods Inc. (KFT) that's shaped like critters run over by cars - complete with tire treads.

The fruity-flavored Trolli Road Kill Gummi Candy - in shapes of partly flattened snakes, chickens and squirrels - fosters cruelty toward animals, according to the New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

"It sends the wrong message to children, that it's OK to harm animals. And that's the wrong message, especially from a so-called wholesome corporation like Kraft," said society spokesman Matthew Stanton.

The society is considering petition drives, boycotts and letter-writing campaigns to get the candy pulled from the market, Stanton said.

After receiving a complaint from the NJSPCA Wednesday, Kraft officials pulled an animated advertisement from Trolli's Web site that featured car headlights and animals. No other decisions on changes have been made, said Kraft spokesman Larry Baumann.

"If you look across the Gummi category we certainly have many products that are offbeat, and that's what we were doing in this case," Baumann said. "We didn't mean to offend anyone."

89JDAWG
02-25-2005, 09:40 AM
nothing tastes as good as road kill

pirate44
02-25-2005, 09:52 AM
i'll have a box of the squirrels, please.

jason
02-25-2005, 09:53 AM
mmm chocolate covered armadillo parts....

BullFrog Dad
02-25-2005, 10:06 AM
If you want to kill a snake crossing the road with your car, what must you do differently than other roadkill?

kaorder1999
02-25-2005, 11:40 AM
that is some crazy stuff....

Rabbit'93
02-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Too many sensitive people in this world these days. If Kraft would just stand up to them they'd probably go away.

big daddy russ
02-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Too many sensitive people in this world these days. If Kraft would just stand up to them they'd probably go away.
They should start a "PETA and related organizations are a bunch of pee pee heads" organization.

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
If you want to kill a snake crossing the road with your car, what must you do differently than other roadkill?

Run over it, back over it, run over it again, back over it again ..... then get out and make sure it's dead!:D

pirate44
02-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Run over it, back over it, run over it again, back over it again ..... then get out and make sure it's dead!:D
if you can park the rear wheel on its head, then pop the clutch and spin your tires. that normally will do the trick.

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
if you can park the rear wheel on its head, then pop the clutch and spin your tires. that normally will do the trick.

LOL....I guess so! :D

spiveyrat
02-25-2005, 12:10 PM
And I like my rabbits with a faint taste of Goodyear. But, I don't like those with the Firestone. They're just a little too bitter.

Bandera YaYa
02-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
If you want to kill a snake crossing the road with your car, what must you do differently than other roadkill? Well......I won't let a snake touch my tires.....so I have to go around it or back up.....super yuck!!!!

BHKrystal06
02-25-2005, 12:23 PM
cats go "THUD"

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
cats go "THUD"

So do racoons!:(

Bandera YaYa
02-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
cats go "THUD" SICKO !!!!! :mad:

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Well......I won't let a snake touch my tires.....so I have to go around it or back up.....super yuck!!!!

Ha ha ... sorry girls, we are going to back up and take the scenic route.;) :D

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-25-2005, 12:29 PM
i just saw this on the news...again i would like to reiterate my opinions about animal rights activists. i think they are all a bunch of mindless idiots. do i believe in senseless violence on animals, no. do i believe in eating them and enjoying it, aswell as making sure something i or my family use, like a medicine, is safe. you bet your bottom dollar i do.

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2005, 12:31 PM
In all seriousness, I am not an activist of any sort, but I do think Kraft is out of line in making roadkill candy. There are enough bad influences for kids today without adding one more to an already lengthy list.:)

SintonFan
02-25-2005, 12:38 PM
The fruity-flavored Trolli Road Kill Gummi Candy - in shapes of partly flattened snakes, chickens and squirrels - fosters cruelty toward animals, according to the New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
How can something fruity-flavored foster cruelty toward animals. Next thing you know some San Francisco based organization will complain on the flavor choice associated with road kill.:rolleyes:

SintonFan
02-25-2005, 12:39 PM
In all seriousness, I am not an activist of any sort, but I do think Kraft is out of line in making roadkill candy. There are enough bad influences for kids today without adding one more to an already lengthy list.:)
You mean as bad as the candy cigs we had growing up?:p

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
You mean as bad as the candy cigs we had growing up?:p

That's right! Not a "good thing" as Martha would say.;)

SintonFan
02-25-2005, 12:52 PM
That's right! Not a "good thing" as Martha would say.;)
I bet she never had a candy cig and she's in jail.:thinking:

BullFrog Dad
02-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Run over it, back over it, run over it again, back over it again ..... then get out and make sure it's dead!:D You lock your brakes and skid over it. If you just roll over the snake it won't hurt him.

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-25-2005, 01:03 PM
That's right! Not a "good thing" as Martha would say.;) speaking of, isnt she supposed to get out soon?

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
speaking of, isnt she supposed to get out soon?

Yes, she's a short-timer like you.:D

Counting the days also I bet!:evillaugh :evillaugh

Old Dog
02-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Ever notice when you straddle an armadillo in your vehicle, they jump and then dribble out the back like a basketball?

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Ever notice when you straddle an armadillo in your vehicle, they jump and then dribble out the back like a basketball?

ROFL....you make is sound like so much fun, I almost hate it that I've never experienced it.:thinking: :D