PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: Phil C & AP_Panther_Fan & the curious

pirate4state
02-24-2005, 12:43 PM
As of 10 a.m. the Sinton game vs. Hallettsville has been moved to 4 p.m. in Ingleside. I was in Portland earlier and it was still raining out there so if I get any further info I'll pass it along. I probably won't be able to make this game b/c I think they have a time limit on these games and I won't be out of work until 5 p.m. :(

AP Panther Fan
02-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks P4S. Just heard from my son and his 4:00 game in Kennedy has been moved to 5:00. I might try to sneak out of here and head north. Hmmmm:thinking:

pirate4state
02-24-2005, 03:36 PM
I just received word that the girls game has been moved up to 3:30 p.m. :eyetwitch

I can't imagine what it must be like for the organizers of this tournament!! :doh: Darn, weather. :D Originally the girls were set to start at Noon and then play again at either 4pm or 6pm depending on whether they won or lost. So -- as soon as I find out if they are still gonna try and stick to that schedule (just at later times) I'll post the info. If anyone cares. :thinking: :)

Phil C
02-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Pirate4state I can't make it either so please post the results when you hear about them and can. I will do the same. I can't get over there either and they are probably trying to get as many games before the weather changes again.

AP Panther Fan
02-24-2005, 03:45 PM
LOL....I bet this is giving Coach V's wife a headache!

One good thing, the sun is now shining!:D

pirate4state
02-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Pirate4state I can't make it either so please post the results when you hear about them and can. I will do the same. I can't get over there either and they are probably trying to get as many games before the weather changes again. Phil, the girls are losing in the 3rd inning. I did find out that if they lose this game they play again at 6pm. I'm not sure what time they play if they win though... :thinking: I'll keep you posted.

pirate4state
02-24-2005, 05:54 PM
The girls lost :( 6-0 was the final score. The games are on a time limit so I'm not even sure if they played the full 7 innings. There next game is at 6:30 pm against the winner(?) of the Needville/Yoakum game. I'm so confused...but I'm heading out there so I'll post results when I get home. :D

pirate4state
02-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Sinton girls beat Yoakum in their 2nd game tonight 1-0! :clap: It was a really good game. It was cold & rainy though. :( They'll play again Saturday, but I don't know against who or what time.

Way To Go Lady Pirates!! :thumbsup:

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Congratulations Lady Pirates! Let's hope it warms up some by Saturday!:)

AP Varsity Boys won last night against Odem in the Kenedy tournament and will play Mathis today at noon. If they win, they play again at 4:00 :mad: , if they lose they will play Saturday at noon. It was cold, windy and miserable ... I will be better prepared on Saturday!;)

pirate4state
02-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Congratulations Lady Pirates! Let's hope it warms up some by Saturday!:)

AP Varsity Boys won last night against Odem in the Kenedy tournament and will play Mathis today at noon. If they win, they play again at 4:00 :mad: , if they lose they will play Saturday at noon. It was cold, windy and miserable ... I will be better prepared on Saturday!;)

I just hope it doesn't rain anymore.

Surprise, surprise -- the Caller Times had results from the Sinton Varisty Boys games last night in the Poteet Tournament. :) :clap:

Sinton 3 Floresville 1 (WP-Andrew "G" Garcia)
Sinton 5 Houston Lutheran North 0 (WP-Aaron Perez)

Of course, the paper doesn't say when they'll play again. :D

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Just got these additional results from the tournament yesterday just in case your interested. Looks like the Lady Panthers will have a tough game today!

Texas AAA Showcase Softball Tourney Results 2/24/05

GAME 1: Dallas:White Oak 11-2 over Ingleside
Game 2: Hallettsville 6-0 over Sinton
GAME 3: Needville 3-0 over Yoakum
Game 4: Sinton 1-0 over Yoakum

Friday Schedule:
Dallas:White Oak vs AP 10:00 AM
Navasota vs.Wimberley Noon
Ingleside vs Loser Navasota-Wimberley 2:00 PM
TBA 4:00 PM
TBA 6:00 PM

Phil C
02-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Just got these additional results from the tournament yesterday just in case your interested. Looks like the Lady Panthers will have a tough game today!

Game 2: Hallettsville 6-0 over Sinton
GAME 3: Needville 3-0 over Yoakum
Game 4: Sinton 1-0 over Yoakum

Friday Schedule:
Navasota vs.Wimberley Noon
Ingleside vs Loser Navasota-Wimberley 2:00 PM
TBA 4:00 PM
TBA 6:00 PM

Thank you for the updates AP and Pirate! Please let us know when, where and what time the Sinton game is tomorrow and against who. I think I will try to make it tomorrow if the weather is still ok.

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thank you for the updates AP and Pirate! Please let us know when, where and what time the Sinton game is tomorrow and against who. I think I will try to make it tomorrow if the weather is still ok.

The above came off our school website...I was shocked that they updated so quickly! WTG APISD! I doubt they will do it over the weekend though so P4S may have to keep us posted.;)

pirate4state
02-25-2005, 11:30 AM
The above came off our school website...I was shocked that they updated so quickly! WTG APISD! I doubt they will do it over the weekend though so P4S may have to keep us posted.;) Thanks for the update AP. :thumbsup: I'll let y'all know as soon as I hear anything. :D

pirate4state
02-25-2005, 11:44 AM

Friday Schedule:

I'm confused is this school in Dallas or in White Oak?? I looked them up and couldn't find a Dallas White Oak school, but found White Oak in Dist. 16. :confused: What are they doing way down here?? :eek:

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm confused is this school in Dallas or in White Oak?? I looked them up and couldn't find a Dallas White Oak school, but found White Oak in Dist. 16. :confused: What are they doing way down here?? :eek:

Not sure, but after yesterdays scores, I am wondering why the heck we invited them.:rolleyes: :D

Just had to drive over to my daughter's school and saw them out on the field playing our girls. They brought quite a few fans/parents all the way from Dallas also. Must take a fairly wealthy district to bring a team this far, stay two nights, feed them etc.....:thinking:

big daddy russ
02-25-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm confused is this school in Dallas or in White Oak?? I looked them up and couldn't find a Dallas White Oak school, but found White Oak in Dist. 16. :confused: What are they doing way down here?? :eek: I think White Oak is up in the Dallas area. Sometimes they mistakenly refer to a school by the metropolitan area, like "Waco" Robinson.

pirate4state
02-25-2005, 12:14 PM
They brought quite a few fans/parents all the way from Dallas also. Must take a fairly wealthy district to bring a team this far, stay two nights, feed them etc.....:thinking: Someone said that they flew in the team/coaches!! :eek: Shoot - our girls are lucky if they get a meal. :D :rolleyes: :doh:

pirate4state
02-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I think White Oak is up in the Dallas area. Sometimes they mistakenly refer to a school by the metropolitan area, like "Waco" Robinson. I know, but I couldn't find them listed as a school in Dave Campbell's magazine. Like I said I found a White Oak HS in White Oak, Texas just west of Longview!! :eek: Can anyone from the Metroplex confirm that there is a high school in the Dallas area named White Oak??

Bandera YaYa
02-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Someone said that they flew in the team/coaches!! :eek: Shoot - our girls are lucky if they get a meal. :D :rolleyes: :doh: If this was just a tourney...that's ridiculous to go to that expense....heck our State footballs players didn't have it nearly that good!!!! :(

Phil C
02-25-2005, 12:39 PM
White Oak is an East Texas city just north of Longview, Texas. They are in District 15AAA I think with Gladewater. The latest population is about 5,820. Yes Longview is located close to Tyler where yesterday's shooting occurred.

Phil C
02-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Now there is a Dallas White in Dallas that comptes in 5A and a Dallas South Oak Cliff that competes in 4A.

pirate4state
02-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Sinton plays Aransas Pass tomorrow at 11am, weather permitting of course. ;)

pirate4state
02-26-2005, 09:34 AM
Sinton plays Aransas Pass tomorrow at 11am, weather permitting of course. ;) weather did not permit -- games cancelled. :( oh well -- i can go back to sleep :D

PhiI C
02-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Thank you for the updates Pirate4State! Too bad about the weather but that happens in February.

sinton66
02-26-2005, 11:21 AM
White Oak could be a private school, in which case they wouldn't be listed in DC. In that case also, they would be able to spend whatever they want on trips.