PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Barbee's wife of two months, Trish Barbee, says Everyone has this wrong????

Bubba-Joe
02-24-2005, 12:15 PM
What is the world coming to??
How messed up can this woman be??

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- The man charged with killing his pregnant ex-girlfriend and her 7-year-old son told his wife from behind bars that "everyone has this all wrong."

Stephen Dale Barbee, 37, was charged with capital murder after police say he confessed Tuesday to suffocating bagel shop owner Lisa Underwood, 34, who was seven months pregnant with his daughter, and her 7-year-old son from a previous relationship.

Barbee's wife of two months, Trish Barbee, 39, said she spoke to her husband for the first time since his arrest during a visit Wednesday at the Mansfield Jail.

"He said everyone has this all wrong," she told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in Thursday's editions. "I said, 'What do you mean?' And he just started crying. He just kept saying how much he loved me."

Barbee said she knew that Underwood was an ex-girlfriend, but had been unaware that Underwood was pregnant until police came to talk to her husband Saturday night, after Underwood and her son were reported missing.

Barbee said that her husband told her that he went to Underwood's home Friday night to talk to her about the pregnancy and, perhaps, child support. Police said that is when the murders occurred.

"He wanted to talk to her and work something out," Barbee said. "She started arguing with him and yelling at him. She hit him and kicked him and he said she wouldn't stop.

"That's all I'm going to tell you that he said."

Trish Barbee also defended her husband.

"He's a wonderful man. An angel," she told The Dallas Morning News as she choked back sobs. "I don't think he did this. He's the sweetest thing in the world."

Investigators in the case gave little credence to Trish Barbee's comments. "I wouldn't expect any other response from an accused killer's wife," Detective R.A. Gallaway said.:mad:

ej2525
02-24-2005, 12:23 PM
That whole report is Bull you know what!! :mad:

Bubba-Joe
02-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Read it for yourself
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/24/missing.family.ap/index.html

AP Panther Fan
02-24-2005, 12:25 PM
What a dim wit!:rolleyes: :mad:

CHS_CG
02-24-2005, 12:27 PM
NOW THAT MAKES ME SICK. Shes is lucky it wasnt her he killed. but she wont see that bc "hes an angel":rolleyes:

Its women like her that make the rest of us look bad! How can she be that stupid!

District303aPastPlayer
02-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
NOW THAT MAKES ME SICK. Shes is lucky it wasnt her he killed. but she wont see that bc "hes an angel":rolleyes:

Its women like her that make the rest of us look bad! How can she be that stupid!

dont worry... most likely when he gets out... she will be next.

CHS_CG
02-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Sad but true

AP Panther Fan
02-24-2005, 12:34 PM

I don't think he'll be getting out!! She is stupid! :mad:

Bandera YaYa
02-24-2005, 01:27 PM
He will not be getting out, thank the Lord. She is an idiot......nope this is TExas and since he took the police directly to the grave sites, he is a dead man........so for all those out there who have a fight with a woman and she kicks you and you HAVE to kill her.....DONT show the police where you buried the body.....come to think of it...thank goodness he was so stupid!!
:mad: :mad:

AP Panther Fan
02-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
....come to think of it...thank goodness he was so stupid!!
:mad: :mad:

:thumbsup:

ej2525
02-24-2005, 01:52 PM

He is not getting out ever again. Next place you will see hiim is on this web site!! Which is where he belongs!!

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/deathrow.htm

spiveyrat
02-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Oh yeah, he's a GREAT guy! A real hero! A role-model for all! :rolleyes:

Angel, my #$%!!!