PDA

View Full Version : somerset

deeone
11-12-2003, 11:15 AM
who is somerset? Does any one know about them?

BulldogGrl64
11-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Somerset Bulldogs - District 26. What else did you need to know?

BulldogGrl64
11-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Just some additional information about Somerset: They were 8-2 for the Season and 6-0 in District ranked #1 in District 26. They have a strong team this year and have really done well. They have some outstanding players this year as well that have really helped carry the team through the season, one of them being Josh Caldwell.

LowDownDawg
11-12-2003, 12:03 PM
This week will probably be their last in the playoffs. They won a very weak district, maybe one of the weakest 3A districts in the state. Not to say that Burnet's district is strong, because it wasn't this year. Typical first round game between an overachiever(Somerset) against a very good team in all phases Burnet. Burnet will take care of business early in this one.

BulldogGrl64
11-12-2003, 12:11 PM
LowDownDawg:
This week will probably be their last in the playoffs. They won a very weak district, maybe one of the weakest 3A districts in the state. Not to say that Burnet's district is strong, because it wasn't this year. Typical first round game between an overachiever(Somerset) against a very good team in all phases Burnet. Burnet will take care of business early in this one.LowDownDawg I totally agree with you that Burnet will take care of business early against Somerset. Although Somerset does have a good team this year, they can not compete with Burnet simply because Burnet is above their league as far as the game of football goes. District 26 may be a weak District as compared to some of the other Districts in the State, but as far as saying that it is one of the weakest in the State...come on now give District 26 some credit. They work with what they have just like all the other Districts do and they play their hearts out too. So before you go saying that District 26 is one of the weakest in the State, check out some of the other Districts in the State first.

bulldogvet85
11-12-2003, 01:40 PM
True somerset will more than likley get beat by Burnet. somerset has a great team they have some good athletes and some good size. Just when they go against a team like Burnet you are kinda going to be out numbered or out matched. there linemen are going to have to reallytry to block if they want there run game to have a chance. Somerset has a good group of running backs. and as far as I know they have just one reciever that is real good Joseph Davis who is 6'5" and he is pretty quick. As for Somerset coming out of the weakest district in the state. thats prolly true and forthe most part is true. The only two teams that have real competition is La Vernia and somerset. That district will hopefully get split up with the new alignment. Come on bulldoggrl face the facts about that. I know you should know better than that

BHS#1
11-12-2003, 01:51 PM
LowDownDawg:
This week will probably be their last in the playoffs. They won a very weak district, maybe one of the weakest 3A districts in the state. Not to say that Burnet's district is strong, because it wasn't this year. Typical first round game between an overachiever(Somerset) against a very good team in all phases Burnet. Burnet will take care of business early in this one.What do you mean that will probably be their last in the playoffs?

bulldogvet85
11-12-2003, 01:54 PM
BHS#1:

LowDownDawg:
This week will probably be their last in the playoffs. They won a very weak district, maybe one of the weakest 3A districts in the state. Not to say that Burnet's district is strong, because it wasn't this year. Typical first round game between an overachiever(Somerset) against a very good team in all phases Burnet. Burnet will take care of business early in this one.What do you mean that will probably be their last in the playoffs?uh by saying that this is somersets first week in the playoffs and it being there last week. Cuz burnet is going to beat them.

Old Dog
11-12-2003, 01:57 PM
"Burnet in a weak district". I think Liberty Hill and Wimberley are gona better than most expect. Personally I feel all three will still be playing after the first round of playoffs...and yes I do know how to eat crow!

bulldogvet85
11-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Old Dog:
"Burnet in a weak district". I think Liberty Hill and Wimberley are gona better than most expect. Personally I feel all three will still be playing after the first round of playoffs...and yes I do know how to eat crow!i think what he was saying though is that somerset was in a weak district. What he did say about burnets district is that it wasnt as strong as it was last year.

deeone
11-12-2003, 02:11 PM
so burnet is in a weak district

bulldogvet85
11-12-2003, 02:13 PM
deeone:
so burnet is in a weak districtnegative
its just not as strong as it has been in years past but it is still a tough district

deeone
11-12-2003, 02:17 PM
what determines a weak district? i though it was all about winning a district title, when was the last time that burnet did not win 25-3a title?

dawgmeister
11-12-2003, 03:18 PM
4 years ago

LowDownDawg
11-12-2003, 03:29 PM
Okay, let me qualify this for you, then you can go back to class. (probably) be their last week. Playoff time has mojo, injuries, etc. You never know what will happen, does Somerset have a chance, yes, very small, but still a chance. The district is weak. Always has been, name the last team in that 3A district that advanced to the regional finals in 3A, not 2A. District 25AAA is not as strong this year, but I would not say they are weak. I do believe all 3 teams will play next week also before one, Wimberley, shakes out. Liberty Hill will most likely advance 2 games because of the bracket, I think they have a shot against Edna or Yoakum.

DOGS1
11-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Actually, Burnet lost the district championship to Wimberly two year ago. All of this years seniors were soph. at the time, and most started then.

bulldogvet85
11-12-2003, 04:36 PM
ok lowdowndog you are right the burnet district isnt as strong as years past. I give wimberley and burnet the best chance of making it far wimberley prolly will go three rounds. LH shoot nothing against LH I just dont see them making it past the second sorry guys. I like LH dont get me wrong I like the fans and they have a good team. I just dont think the defense they have will survive and the run game they have as well. but as far as the somerset district I think that LV made it to the second round last year and was out. the year before I know the got knocked out in the second round by La Grange and that same year marion made it to the playoff and made it to the second round as well. That district has had some playoff experience but nothing in depth yet but yes they are still a weak district. yes you are right Somerset has a SMALL chance of winning but when you face the facts, (I hope for it to be a close good game) but in all reality its not going to be much of a competition for burnet. you are right in the fact that there are injuries but until that happens then that becomes a factor. one last thing I dont really think that LH has a chance against yoakum MAYBE edna but not yoakum sorry

sharpie
11-12-2003, 04:48 PM
Somerset is being overlooked a little. Your right about an absolutely pathetic district. Look at their district for god sakes. Marion (4-6) made the playoffs. But your overlooking the strong point about Somerset. They played 4A NB Canyon tough and they beat La Vernia. They also beat Ingram which is not saying much but they won 28-12. So if they beat Ingram 28-12 and Burnet beat Ingram 65-0 the score should be 49-14 right? I don't think so. Somerset is known for a little trickery at times. They played Burnet last year in the first round and lost 45-21. This year a way better team for both but I think that Somerset can put up 20 on Burnet but Burnet will put up 49 or 56. Just a thought

Bandera YaYa
11-12-2003, 05:06 PM
bulldogvet85:

deeone:
its just not as strong as it has been in years past but it is still a tough district...HELLO OUT THERE!!! The 3A Division II State Champs were from this district last year, as was the 3A Division I State Finalist!! If that's weak...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bulldogvet85
11-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Bandera YaYa:

bulldogvet85:

deeone:
its just not as strong as it has been in years past but it is still a tough district...HELLO OUT THERE!!! The 3A Division II State Champs were from this district last year, as was the 3A Division I State Finalist!! If that's weak...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm aware of that Ya Ya thats why I said it is a tough district and there will prolly be another state champion out of that district as well this year.