PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster NBA trade

TheDOCTORdre
02-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Chris Webber is going to Philly
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=1998501

pirate44
02-24-2005, 08:59 AM
boy! i read that this morning. that's something else.

big daddy russ
02-24-2005, 04:09 PM
And Philly had to give up so much to get him...

kepdawg
02-24-2005, 04:30 PM
A lot of deals going down!

Keith Van Horn to Dallas.

Baron Davis to Goldent State.

Antoine Walker back to Boston.

Gary Payton to Atlanta.

Glen Robinson to New Orleans.

Jamal Mashburn to Philly.

Nazr Mohammed to San Antonio.

Malik Rose to NY.

Vin Baker to Houston.

pirate44
02-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
A lot of deals going down!

Keith Van Horn to Dallas.

Baron Davis to Goldent State.

Antoine Walker back to Boston.

Gary Payton to Atlanta.

Glen Robinson to New Orleans.

Jamal Mashburn to Philly.

Nazr Mohammed to San Antonio.

Malik Rose to NY.

Vin Baker to Houston.
if half those trades actually happen, id say it was one of the buisiest trade days in recent memory. i use to be such a big Van Horn fan when he was with utah. i love him and Majerus. Tim Duncan took all the spotlight once they were drafted and deservedly so. if he ends up in Dallas, id say its a nice pick-up

kepdawg
02-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
if half those trades actually happen, id say it was one of the buisiest trade days in recent memory. i use to be such a big Van Horn fan when he was with utah. i love him and Majerus. Tim Duncan took all the spotlight once they were drafted and deservedly so. if he ends up in Dallas, id say its a nice pick-up

The deals should all be done. A few I listed are actually one deal: i.e. Payton for Walker.

pirate44
02-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
The deals should all be done. A few I listed are actually one deal: i.e. Payton for Walker.
amazing. arent most of those guys former lottery picks?

big daddy russ
02-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm really going to miss Malik Rose, but I guess the Spurs really want Duncan to play PF instead of having the constant wear and tear of a C.

With Horry and Rose both backing up Timmy D at the 4, I guess there wasn't really enough room to get Rose a decent amount of playing time. I still love him as a player, though, and I'm sure as hell gonna miss him.

Gobbla2001
02-24-2005, 06:15 PM
This Nazr Mohammed guy better be pretty damn good, because Malik gives the Spurs a spark on the boards and defense when he is in... His inconsitancy may have cost him there, though...

I believe he is origionally from New York, I guess it's good that he atleast gets to head home...

Gunna miss ya, Rose, glad we got ya two rings...

jason
02-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Philadelphia is gonna be GOOD.....