PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood falls to clyde

panther power
02-23-2005, 11:06 AM
SAN ANGELO -- The Greenwood boys' shot at a second consecutive appearance at the Class 3A state tournament ended Tuesday night with a 76-46 loss to Clyde in a bi-district game at the Junell Center in San Angelo.

The Bulldogs opened up a 40-25 in the first half. The Rangers managed to cut the lead to nine points in the second half, but it was not enough to pull out the victory.

"We didn't come out like we did against Lamesa the other night," Greenwood coach Justin Morett said. "We just didn't play well the entire game."

Clyde outscored Greenwood 26-14 in the final quarter to preserve the victory. The Bulldogs connected on eight 3-pointers. Michael Brennan led the Bulldogs with 18 points, as Blake Watts and Jacob Agnew, who had five 3-pointers, each scored 17.

Ryan Beeler and Bronson Valencia led Greenwood with 13 and 12 points, respectively.

"I still think the kids did a great job and did better than what anybody thought they were going to do," Morett said. "It's disappointing to end it the way we ended it (Tuesday)."

Clyde 76, Greenwood 46

Greenwood (19-14) -- Lane Flowers 8, Andrew Zachry 4, Bronson Valencia 12, Logan Bawcom 5, Ryan Beeler 13, Mark Barber 2, Devin Knapp 2.

Clyde (17-14) -- J.R. Carr 3, Michael Brennan 18, Luke Hawk 9, Garrett Welch 3, Blake Watts 17, Brandt Poulin 4, Jacob Agnew 17, Sean Loyer 5

Greenwood 7 18 7 14 -- 46

Clyde 21 19 10 26 --76

3-point goals -- G 4 (Valencia 3, Bawcom), C 8 (Agnew 5, Watts 1, Welch 1, Brennan 1). Total fouls -- G 20, C 17. Fouled out -- C, Hawk, Poulin. Technicals -- G, Bawcom.

Green Ranger
02-23-2005, 11:50 AM
First let me say I think Coach Morett is a great coach and even a better person. Those kids as well have proven themselves the past couple years showing they can play some ball. I find it funny, that a coach under Morett who left/pushed out the year before beat the Rangers. Clyde in a previous article hasnt gotten to the play-offs in several years if memory serves correctly. Congrats to Clyde and good luck next round. Congrats to Senior Rangers, sorry things didnt go farther, good luck with college.