PDA

View Full Version : 40 and over Trivia

spiveyrat
02-23-2005, 09:54 AM
1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, "Who was that masked man?" Invariably, someone would answer, "I don't know, but he left this behind."
"What did he leave behind?____________________.
2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on the, ___________________show.
3. Get your kicks, _______________.
4. The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed ____________________.
5. In the jungle, the mighty jungle,_________________________
6. After the twist, the mashed potatoes, and the watusi, we "danced"
under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the _________________________.
7. N_E_S_T_L_E_S, Nestle's makes the very best, _______________.
8. Satchmo was America's "ambassador of goodwill." Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us.
His name was, ____________.
9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking?__________________
10. Red Skeltons hobo character was ________________________. and he always ended his television show by saying, "Good night, and ___________________."
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam war did so by burning their _________________.
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front, was called the VW.
What other names did it go by?
_________________________&_______________________.
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about,"the day the music died."
This was a tribute to ____________________.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it; it was called _____________________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist; it was called the ___________.

onfirebball05mustang
02-23-2005, 10:00 AM
so i'm not over 40...i gave it a shot!

2. was it Carson?
3.on Route 66
4. to protect the something
5. the lion sleeps tonight
6. limbo
9. a rolex?
10. if i thought about this long enough, i'd know it :doh:
12. the beetle and bug
13. i love that song...i can't remember though :(
14. Sputnik
15. Hoola Hoop! :D]

jason
02-23-2005, 10:00 AM
2. the tonight show
6. limbo
12. bug & beetle
14. sputnik
15. hula hoop

pirate44
02-23-2005, 10:07 AM
8.louis satchel-mouth armstrong
9. timex
10.freddie the freeloader
11 draft cards
13. buddy holly

mikecheck
02-23-2005, 10:09 AM
I'll give it a shot:

1. silver bullet
2. Ed Sullivan show
3. down route 66
4. to protect the innocent
6. Limbo
7. chocolate
8. Louis Armstrong
9. timex
10. Clem Cadiddlehopper (sp)
11. draft cards
12. Beetle or Bug
13. John Lennon
14. Sputnik
15. Hoola Hoop

BullFrog Dad
02-23-2005, 10:11 AM
1. silver bullet 2. Ed Sullivan 3. Don't Know 4. to protect the innocent 5. the lion sleeps tonight 6. limbo 7. chocolate 8. Louis Armstrong 9. timex 10. Freddy the Freeloader 11. Flag 12. beetle, bug 13. Buddy Holley 14. Sputnik 15. hoola hoop

mikecheck
02-23-2005, 10:15 AM
I stand corrected:

10 Freddie the Freeloader
13 Buddy Holly

LH Panther Mom
02-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, "Who was that masked man?" Invariably, someone would answer, "I don't know, but he left this behind."
"What did he leave behind?_Silver bullet___________.
2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on the, _Ed Sullivan_______________show.
3. Get your kicks, _on Route 66___________.
4. The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed _to protect the innocent_______________.
5. In the jungle, the mighty jungle,_the lion sleeps tonight_______________
6. After the twist, the mashed potatoes, and the watusi, we "danced"
under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the __limbo_____________________.
7. N_E_S_T_L_E_S, Nestle's makes the very best, _chocolate______________.
8. Satchmo was America's "ambassador of goodwill." Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us.
His name was, ____________.
9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking?_Timex_________________
10. Red Skeltons hobo character was _Freddie the Freeloader_________. and he always ended his television show by saying, "Good night, and _have a pleasant tomorrow___________."
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam war did so by burning their __flags____________.
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front, was called the VW.
What other names did it go by?
_beetle_______________&___bug_____________.
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about,"the day the music died."
This was a tribute to _Buddy Holly___________________.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it; it was called _Sputnik________________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist; it was called the __hoola hoop_________.

I did have to look up Red's hobo character & not positive that's what he said. The rest I pulled from the recesses of my brain.

AP Panther Fan
02-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by mikecheck
I stand corrected:

10 Freddie the Freeloader
13 Buddy Holly

Didn't he say "Good night and God Bless"...:)

mikecheck
02-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Didn't he say "Good night and God Bless"...:)

I missed that part, but yes he sure did.

pirate4state
02-23-2005, 10:22 AM
I'll take a stab at it:

1. ?
2. The Ed Sullivan Show
3. on Route 66
4. ?
6. limbo
7. chocolate
8. ?
9. timex
10. ?
11. flags :mad:
12. beetle & love bug
13. John Lennon (is this when the Beatles broke up?)
14. sputnik
15. hoola hoop

Phil C
02-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Shucks. Read the thread too late but I am sure that it was planned that way and posted while I was off. :)

pirate44
02-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Shucks. Read the thread too late but I am sure that it was planned that way and posted while I was off. :)
you should be proud of us under 40's for knowing so much. you inspire us GodFather

Phil C
02-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
you should be proud of us under 40's for knowing so much. you inspire us GodFather

I would have missed the route 66 question anyway. :)

CHS_CG
02-23-2005, 11:13 AM
I knew some of those to tell ya the truth. When I saw 40 and over.. i thought i was in trouble.

Phil C
02-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Red Skelton was a great comedian and had great success on his television show. However he could also be very dramatic at times. For example in the movie The Clown had funny moments but was actually a serious movie overall. And who can forget his single on the Pledge of Allegiance. Also I remember he had a special on his television program where he had a serious special on the troops spending the winter at Valley Forge during the War for Independence. That was great and very moving. Had it been lenthened and put in circulation with the movies I think Red would have been serious oscar nomination material. A great man and a great American who is missed.

pancho villa
02-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Man I feel old now, knew all but 2 of them, oh I am over 40.

Ranger Mom
02-23-2005, 11:40 AM
:D
I don't feel so old now....

I didn't know 1, 3, 8, 10 or 13!

Phil C
02-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Speaking of Buddy Holly what inspired him to write and sing his hit song "That'll be the Day."

CHS_CG
02-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:D
I don't feel so old now....

I didn't know 1, 3, 8, 10 or 13!

you didnt know number 3.. come on even I KNEW that one. lol

pirate44
02-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Speaking of Buddy Holly what inspired him to write and sing his hit song "That'll be the Day."
John wayne movie

Phil C
02-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
John wayne movie

Close enough Pirate44. It was the great John Wayne western movie The Searchers. Buddy must have really liked that movie. John Wayne used that line several times in that movie.