PDA

View Full Version : Suprise teams next year?

Gsquared
02-23-2005, 07:18 AM
Anybody got any Darkhorses for next year? I dont know how much of a suprise this team will be but I think Gainesville will open some eyes this year. After last year they might be flying under the radar a bit and have some solid boys up front coming back I think. You know the speed will be there, it always is.

PurpleFreddy
02-23-2005, 09:08 AM
Whitesboro, baby.

BullFrog Dad
02-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Carrollton-Ranchview This past season they were hyped up based on a 9-1 JV record the previous year. After going 1-9 in '04 with only 9-11th grades they will go into '05 with Seniors and varsity experience. Look for them to go maybe 8-2 and into the playoffs.

WOS1
02-23-2005, 11:09 AM
WO-S should be under the radar a bit now too.

eagleman
02-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Put my Canyon Eagles in the mix. Return a lot of speed and with JV going 9-1 going to put a lot of athletes on Varsity.

Gsquared
02-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
WO-S should be under the radar a bit now too.
Im hoping to see a salty WOS defense against Jasper. Cant wait!

Jody
02-23-2005, 01:43 PM
BH Eagles if they get a better offensive plan.

I fully expect Jasper will be a state contender, seeing their QB will be back.

West Columbia might be good.

WOS will stink it up again.

Bandera YaYa
02-23-2005, 02:29 PM
BAndera will have a pretty good little QB next year......wish they had used him this past season.....he's first cousin to our 2002 State Champ QB.....has some good genes in him !!

big daddy russ
02-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Just hearsay, but I've heard Luling is supposed to be real tough and Gonzales should be making a comeback. Out of District 30, Ingleside should sneak up on a few people.

nexfan
02-23-2005, 04:08 PM
West Columbia should do real well next year. They have alot of people returning from last years 9-2 team.

Gobbla2001
02-23-2005, 05:48 PM
nm

Gobbla2001
02-23-2005, 05:49 PM
I think you'll have to watch out for the West Columbia, they'll be pretty good...

Dunno about Luling, thought they were losing a lot...

I think Gonzales does bring back some good players and some good JV boys...

Also, this year was kinda a preview for Hallettsville, they'll be bringing back a better team next year... But going 12-2 really doesn't make you a darkhorse...

WOS1
02-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Jody
BH Eagles if they get a better offensive plan.

I fully expect Jasper will be a state contender, seeing their QB will be back.

West Columbia might be good.

WOS will stink it up again.

After witnessing first hand your propensity for being incorrect, I'll take that as a compliment.

WO-S will be better next year, ESPECIALLY on defense.

LH Panther Mom
02-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Liberty Hill hopes to surprise Burnet with a win! :D

Hupernikomen
02-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
After witnessing first hand your propensity for being incorrect, I'll take that as a compliment.

WO-S will be better next year, ESPECIALLY on defense.

You fail to appreciate the genius that is Jody...in due time you will learn to love him...thank goodness he hates WO-S more than Jasper is all I can say..

Gsquared
02-24-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I think you'll have to watch out for the West Columbia, they'll be pretty good...

Dunno about Luling, thought they were losing a lot...

I think Gonzales does bring back some good players and some good JV boys...

Also, this year was kinda a preview for Hallettsville, they'll be bringing back a better team next year... But going 12-2 really doesn't make you a darkhorse...
Maybe I can catch the Cuero/Halletsville game too!

89JDAWG
02-24-2005, 09:31 AM
I wish jasper and wos would play a little later in the season so both teams would have longer to work out the kinks. But its always a good game no matter when it is.

District303aPastPlayer
02-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Just hearsay, but I've heard Luling is supposed to be real tough and Gonzales should be making a comeback. Out of District 30, Ingleside should sneak up on a few people.

Russ.. I dont think Ingleside is going to be sneakin up on people... they have a legitamite shot at winning district... the Ingleside-Sinton game should be VERY interesting this year.

AP Panther Fan
02-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Russ.. I dont think Ingleside is going to be sneakin up on people... they have a legitamite shot at winning district... the Ingleside-Sinton game should be VERY interesting this year.

Yeah, well you both need to watch out for Aransas Pass!:D

New coach, positive attitudes, good talent...quite a recipe for success.;) :)

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-24-2005, 11:04 AM
District 5 will be up for grabs. Iowa Park lost a lot of players including their QB. Vernon graduated all but 1 who played in the semi fanal game two years ago, and Graham will have a new coach and probably a new system to learn. Breck returns their Qb (A three year starter) and they seem to be the preseason favorite in my mind. Hirschi will do better but it is going to take a lot to get them turned around.

Vernon, Graham and IP all fought it out in the JV and Freshman ranks with all three being very competitive. I think Vernon's JV went 9-1 or 8-2 last year. The Freshman also went 9-1.

Gsquared
02-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
District 5 will be up for grabs. Iowa Park lost a lot of players including their QB. Vernon graduated all but 1 who played in the semi fanal game two years ago, and Graham will have a new coach and probably a new system to learn. Breck returns their Qb (A three year starter) and they seem to be the preseason favorite in my mind. Hirschi will do better but it is going to take a lot to get them turned around.

Vernon, Graham and IP all fought it out in the JV and Freshman ranks with all three being very competitive. I think Vernon's JV went 9-1 or 8-2 last year. The Freshman also went 9-1.
I think IP is gonna rock and roll this year!

WOS1
02-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
I wish jasper and wos would play a little later in the season so both teams would have longer to work out the kinks. But its always a good game no matter when it is.

I agree, but I don't think it would have made any difference last year though, except, maybe ya'll would've beat us a little worse.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I think IP is gonna rock and roll this year!

They might. I don't know what the QB situation is like with Swenson gone. I know they had a heck of a year this year and did well last year, so the experience factor is there.

oh well
02-24-2005, 02:26 PM
What about Dist. 4 any thoughts??????????????

Black_Magic
02-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by oh well
What about Dist. 4 any thoughts?????????????? Well If any teams out of District 4 are considered suprise teams after the seasons that Snyder, Wylie, and Sweetwater had then people have short memories. All Three Went at least 4 rouunds deep. and One was DI Champ.

Gsquared
02-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Well If any teams out of District 4 are considered suprise teams after the seasons that Snyder, Wylie, and Sweetwater had then people have short memories. All Three Went at least 4 rouunds deep. and One was DI Champ.
What does Snyder have coming back?

big daddy russ
02-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Russ.. I dont think Ingleside is going to be sneakin up on people... they have a legitamite shot at winning district... the Ingleside-Sinton game should be VERY interesting this year. My biggest concern with Ingleside is QB play. Randy could do so many things. He had a gun, he could run, he could go outside the pocket and make things happen... just a great athlete. Maybe not as accurate as he could be, but QB's like that only come around every few years. He made that offense go. Now it's up to Brandon Stacy (Doon's son) to make the offense go. He's fast and he's athletic, but I'd like to see how well he can throw the ball. He's got some great coaches, so I think they'll be in the thick of things.

AP Panther Fan
02-24-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Now it's up to Brandon Stacy (Doon's son) to make the offense go. He's fast and he's athletic, but I'd like to see how well he can throw the ball. He's got some great coaches, so I think they'll be in the thick of things.

IMHO, Brandon can throw the ball rather well....seems to me, he took the majority of the snaps whenever a long pass play was called. :D

oh well
02-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Snyder has 9 returners back on Defense. Should be very athletic. 4 Back on Offense.

Gsquared
02-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Nice!!! Sounds like the D should be in good shape.

slamminsam316
02-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Liberty Panthers coming back for a threepeat

Ranger05
02-28-2005, 09:04 PM
i dont think Greenwood will have much it might be a rebuilding next year for the Rangers. But the year after that watch out they have some serious athletes in the Fresh. and soph. classes

espn1
03-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Liberty Hill hopes to surprise Burnet with a win! :D
It won't even be close next year. Burnet will roll at home.

espn1
03-01-2005, 12:15 AM
I say watch out for Wimberley.

LH Panther Mom
03-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by espn1
It won't even be close next year. Burnet will roll at home.

:hand: Nah. :p

Gsquared
03-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:hand: Nah. :p
When is Burnet/LH? Might have to make that one. Last time I went to Burnet for a game, they had reserved parking. Kind of odd.

LH Panther Mom
03-01-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
When is Burnet/LH? Might have to make that one. Last time I went to Burnet for a game, they had reserved parking. Kind of odd.

Sept 2. I don't think they have reserved parking any more, just first come first serve.

Panther Ross
03-01-2005, 11:47 AM
LIBERTY!