PDA

View Full Version : 02-22-05 Basketball Results

PhiI C
02-23-2005, 01:33 AM
I don't have many but in an upset in 4A girls Alice beat Calallen 38 to 37. Calallen had beaten Alice twice during the season.
In other girls action in 3A West Oso beat Devine 48 to 38 and Hidalgo beat San Diego 46 to 43 in Ot.
Only boys action I have is in 3A Hidalgo beat Orange Grove 59 to 52.

LH Panther Mom
02-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Liberty Hill girls lost to Wimberley in OT, 66-61. :( Way to go, Lady Cats - sounds like you fought hard to the end. :clap:

LH boys defeated La Vernia 60-47 and will play Stafford on Friday in Smithville. WTG Panthers! :clap: :clap:

snakebite
02-23-2005, 03:08 PM
The Navasota Lady Rattlers defeated Groesbeck last night 64-61. It was a great game that came down to the wire. This is the first time in five years that the Lady Goats haven't gone to regionals. Good job Lady Rattlers and Good luck @ regionals!!!

Another bit of news, Navasota boys got defeated by hutto 76-67 in Cameron. It was fought hard but in the end, came up short. Great Season guys

KTJ
02-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Liberty Hill girls lost to Wimberley in OT, 66-61. :( Way to go, Lady Cats - sounds like you fought hard to the end. :clap:

LH boys defeated La Vernia 60-47 and will play Stafford on Friday in Smithville. WTG Panthers! :clap: :clap:

I was just about to post something to see if you went.

I got to ref a very exciting game last night. It was pretty fun!

:D

double&1
02-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Where did you ref KTJ?

LH Panther Mom
02-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I was just about to post something to see if you went.

I got to ref a very exciting game last night. It was pretty fun!

:D

:( No, I wasn't able to go......homework called. Did you ref the girls game?

WOS1
02-23-2005, 06:07 PM
Orangefield loses by 29 to Cleveland (Cleveland is GOOD).

WO-S loses to Silsbee 68-65.

KTJ
02-23-2005, 06:23 PM
I got called to go ref up in Ft. Worth.

And I do know both of the ladies that were the refs in the Liberty Hill/Wimberley game.

double&1
02-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Have you talked to the Wimberley/LH refs about the controversial foul call? Very interesting to see. Hate to think it could have made a difference in the game.

KTJ
02-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by double&1
Have you talked to the Wimberley/LH refs about the controversial foul call? Very interesting to see. Hate to think it could have made a difference in the game.

I'm friends with one of them more than the other. And yes, we've discussed it.

Phil C
02-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Hey double what happened?

Originally posted by double&1

double&1
02-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Early in the fourth quarter, LH fouled Wimberley, but the official gave the scorekeeper the wrong number. There was no girl on the floor with the number the official gave. When asked to clarify, the official that made the call gave the foul to one girl that had four fouls, this being the fifth. She came off the floor, but before LH checked anyone else into the game, the other official said the foul was on another LH girl, also with four fouls. She sat with her fifth foul and the other player came back on the floor. This girl is a main player for LH. Game then went to overtime.

I am from Wimberley, and was thrilled with the win, but just hated to see a senior's final game end like that.