PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Wins

BrahmaMom
02-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Got a call after the game that the Brahmas won big! Way to go, Bulls! Don't stop now! 22, I assume you are out celebrating the win with other former Brahmas, but am looking forward to your report tomorrow. In the meantime, our younger #11 will be home soon to give me more than a quick phone call. GO BRAHMAS!!!

Bellville22
02-23-2005, 11:59 AM
About as good a second half as the Brahmas can play. First half was back and forth, neither team could really get in a groove. I think Bellville took a 2 point lead into the locker room. 3rd quarter belonged to the Bulls, however, as they simply "out-athleted" the Tigers. The press was effective, and Smithville's press lead to some easy baskets for the Brahmas. The game was pretty much out of reach early in the 4th. The lead was up around 25 at one point I think. Smithville was a good team, just had problems matching up with Bellville's athletes, and never really found an answer for Mosley.

Bellville's call-ups even saw some time, and had a little success at the end of the game. Great job guys.

My Player of the Game had to be CJ Harris. He owned the first half. Really kept the Brahmas in it in the first half while the rest of the team struggled, cleaned up the boards nicely and showed a very nice offensive game. I think he also made all of his free throws. That was another thing I saw Bellville improve on from last week, probably shot over 75% from the line, that's huge in the playoffs.

And finally, I want to apologize to any Smithville fans who may read this and were at the game for the "bus" chant at the end of the game by a few of the Bellville fans. That's not what Bellville Athletics is about. Please don't think the actions of a few fans reflects the entire community, I assure you it doesn't. Congrats to the Tigers on a great year and good luck next year.

Mexia is up next for the Brahmas. The Blackcats always have a very good b-ball team, I don't expect anything different this year. Bellville will have to have their A-game to hang this week.

Go Bulls!

Bandera YaYa
02-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Congrats out to my Bellville buddies!!! Way to Go!!!!! :)

CheerMom
02-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Congrats, Bellville!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

BrahmaMom
02-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks, CheerMom, for your continuing support. 22, another great write-up, I almost felt like I was there. Don't know what happened at the bus, but it sounds inappropriate and I add my apologies to Smithville team and fans. No excuse, just another example of a "newcomer" to success. The Brahmas are seasoned winners in football and baseball, but basketball success has eluded us till recently. Congrats to the Bulls on a fine win, to Harris, who kept us in the game till the rest of the team caught up, and to Coach Collier on grooming the team for the playoffs. Good luck next year, Tigers. To the few (I hope) overzealous Brahma fans, let's win graciously and lose graciously (if we have to). Good luck against Mexia, Bulls! I'll be at the famous York Relays at the Pasture of Pain Friday, but with you in spirit.

SintonFan
02-23-2005, 09:16 PM
What?!? I didn't know yall play basketball?:eek:
Goodness, what do you do that you're not good at?:p
Seriously...
Congratulations Brahmas! You guys are always one of my favorite teams and I'll always be happy to root for you!
Go Brahmas!!! :) :clap: :)

BrahmaMom
02-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Thanks to our Bandera and Sinton friends, too. Those tough contests have made lasting friendships, with the help of 3ADL.

marlin fan
02-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Congrats Bellville ... Sorry i have to Rep my D 18 so Go mexia blackcats!!!!

Bull's-eye
02-24-2005, 01:00 PM
The "Red Mustache" said E. Sanders had a great game, playing great defense and coming up with several steals. Hopefully I can make the Mexia game. Congratulations and good luck to the Brahmas!!

rhs78
02-24-2005, 05:19 PM
CONGRATS BRAHMAS KEEP IT GOING FOR D-20