PDA

View Full Version : Should motocross be a part of UIL Athletics?

BullFrog Dad
02-22-2005, 03:53 PM
I think it should be.

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-22-2005, 03:55 PM
i have to disagree, i dont see what educational or sportsmanship value it would serve the youth of today. please enlighten me as to your opinion on the subject please.

ej2525
Who foots the bill for the motorcycles/gear & everything else that goes along with it?

HighSchool Fan
no

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-22-2005, 04:03 PM
i think i would have only done it in school if i could have had a rad bike like this onehttp://www.m90.org/show_image.php?image_id=1977&medium

BullFrog Dad
02-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
i have to disagree, i dont see what educational or sportsmanship value it would serve the youth of today. please enlighten me as to your opinion on the subject please. John, I was having a little fun more than anything else(slow day at work). Jason did it for almost four years and I'm glad he's out of it mainly due to injuries and the cost. As for as educational value, his mechanical aptitude was helped more by MX than all the rest of the sports he played combined. Stay safe over there.

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-22-2005, 04:14 PM
i can see how that would be a good start to those students who are aspiring to be mechanics. the safte issue would always pose a risk, but that comes w/ any sport. the cost of it could be covered partially by the school and partially by the student/family, by having the student pay dues to join. i know there are some clubs in schools today that require students pay dues to join. you dont haveto worry about me bein safe, im down to about 12-14ish days until im on a plane headed back to hawaii. then shortly after that ill be headed home. im excited but trying to control myself so the days dont slow down.

AP Panther Fan
02-22-2005, 04:38 PM
you dont haveto worry about me bein safe, im down to about 12-14ish days until im on a plane headed back to hawaii. then shortly after that ill be headed home. im excited but trying to control myself so the days dont slow down.

:clap: :clap: :clap: great news! congratulations!:D

HighSchool Fan
02-22-2005, 04:40 PM
we can't wait for your safe return. what base in hawaii are you stationed at

Bandera YaYa
02-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:clap: :clap: :clap: great news! congratulations!:D WOOHOO !!!!! THAT'S GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT !! :)

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
we can't wait for your safe return. what base in hawaii are you stationed at im stationed at Schoield Barracks, it rains alot and the sky is always gray, so we nicknamed it Castle-grey Skull, repsectively. :D

HighSchool Fan
02-22-2005, 05:52 PM
im stationed at Schoield Barracks, it rains alot and the sky is always gray, so we nicknamed it Castle-grey Skull, repsectively. :D

my cousin was stationed on an Army base close to Honolulu a few years ago. i forget the name of it

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Ft. Shafter im guessing

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
John, I was having a little fun more than anything else(slow day at work). Jason did it for almost four years and I'm glad he's out of it mainly due to injuries and the cost. As for as educational value, his mechanical aptitude was helped more by MX than all the rest of the sports he played combined. Stay safe over there.

I've had those days. Unfortunately, it's been a while. :(

GreenMonster
02-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
no

I second that motion.

big daddy russ
02-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Heck, BFDad... I'd back you up on that idea.