PDA

View Full Version : any hardwood floor renovation experts here?

pirate44
02-22-2005, 01:59 PM
over the weekend i decided to rip up the ol berber carpet in the living room to expose the hardwood floor and i need some help as to what kind of solvent to use to clean the old glue marks as well as just give it a good cleaning before i finish it. there are a few spots where paint is on it. i really dont want to sand it if i dont have to. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. (it started out as a living room paint job, but has turned into a complete room restoration:( )

Bandera YaYa
02-22-2005, 05:38 PM
How nice!! But I think you will have to sand it.......just think how good it will look when you are done!! I built my house a few years ago and have all tille and laminated wood floors, no carpet....and it's so nice and easy to keep clean.....

pirate44
02-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
How nice!! But I think you will have to sand it.......just think how good it will look when you are done!! I built my house a few years ago and have all tille and laminated wood floors, no carpet....and it's so nice and easy to keep clean.....
isnt it funny how the room echos without any carpet:D thats the first thing i noticed when i pulled it up

HighSchool Fan
02-22-2005, 05:43 PM
i'm not an expert, but i did stay at a holiday inn last night :D

pirate44
02-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i'm not an expert, but i did stay at a holiday inn last night :D c'mon HS Fan. we all know your partial to the no-tell motels:D

HighSchool Fan
02-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
c'mon HS Fan. we all know your partial to the no-tell motels:D

you mean that everyone knows this? :(

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
you mean that everyone knows this? :(

How could we not? You brag about it over and over and over again. :p :D

(RM is probably going to kick my butt over that one. ;) )

HighSchool Fan
02-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

(RM is probably going to kick my butt over that one. ;) )

not again