PDA

View Full Version : Sinton plays Cuero in softball tonight!

Phil C
02-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Game time is at 7 P.M. in Sinton if it doesn't rain. I don't know if this is so but someone just told me Cuero is ranked No. 3 in the State in Class 3A so that makes it interesting.

Phil C
02-22-2005, 01:01 PM
The weather is starting to clear up but rain is in the forecast late tonight - hopefully after the game. It isn't going to be real cold according to the forecast but just to be safe I would recommend that you take a jacket since the wind is expected to be blowing.

AP Panther Fan
02-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The weather is starting to clear up but rain is in the forecast late tonight - hopefully after the game. It isn't going to be real cold according to the forecast but just to be safe I would recommend that you take a jacket since the wind is expected to be blowing.

Is it foggy in Sinton? It is bad in AP! What time are we supposed to get the cold front?

gobbler grad
02-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Game time is at 7 P.M. in Sinton if it doesn't rain. I don't know if this is so but someone just told me Cuero is ranked No. 3 in the State in Class 3A so that makes it interesting.

don't believe there ranked, but you never know...:thinking:

44INAROW
02-22-2005, 01:30 PM

not sure if they are ranked either, but I have heard they are playing some good ball right now..:clap:

AP Panther Fan
02-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
not sure if they are ranked either, but I have heard they are playing some good ball right now..:clap:

You know softball and baseball polls are hard to come by. I found a couple for baseball, but nothing for softball. Anyone know the best place to check?:(

18handicap
02-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Use the following link to go to the TGCA poll.

TGCA POLL (http://www.austintgca.com/sball/poll.cfm)

pirate4state
02-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
You know softball and baseball polls are hard to come by. I found a couple for baseball, but nothing for softball. Anyone know the best place to check?:( According to the Texas Girls Coaches Association (www.austintgca.com) web site Cuero is not ranked. Here is the poll released on the 9th of February.

Conference 3A

1. Huntington
2. Bridge City
3. Splendora
4. Wharton
5. Monahans
6. Barbers Hill
7. Caldwell
8. Lufkin Hudson
9. Canyon
10. Lindale

Perhaps the toughest classification, 3A boasts several strong treams. Huntington is loaded with select players as is Splendora. Bridge City has the dominating Megan Goodwin back while Lindale will be hard pressed to defend while Caldwell lost most of their team but the Lady Hornets have hurler Brandi Crnkovic back one more time. Texas High's Kelsey Harrington returns. Lufkin Hudson was hit with graduation losses and has a couple of off season injuries but should have a strong season. Monahans is poised for a return trip while Canyon should be strong. Barbers Hill is deep and talented.

Hope this helps!

18handicap
02-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Region III is going to be rough--- 6 of the top 8 teams are from that region!

Gobbla2001
02-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
Region III is going to be rough--- 6 of the top 8 teams are from that region!

Old Card must do the rankings ;)

Just joshin'...

PhiI C
02-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Close tough games tonight as Sinton wins the JV game 3 to 2 and the Varsity Game 5 to 3.

pirate44
02-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Close tough games tonight as Sinton wins the JV game 3 to 2 and the Varsity Game 5 to 3.
wtg sinton. congrats coach v.

Sinton94
02-23-2005, 10:42 AM
How did Sinton look?

pirate4state
02-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Sinton94
How did Sinton look? I gotta say they look pretty good for the season being so young, BUT they are making base running errors that could cost them if it isn't corrected. Mental lapses...:doh: I know that V will have them in tip, top shape come district. :D :clap:

AP Panther Fan
02-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Congratulations Sinton Lady Pirates! Let's hope the weather holds out for the tournament this weekend in AP.

P4S ... be sure to let me know the game time.:D

pirate4state
02-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Congratulations Sinton Lady Pirates! Let's hope the weather holds out for the tournament this weekend in AP.

P4S ... be sure to let me know the game time.:D Will do. Just as soon as I get a schedule. :D

Sinton94
02-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Anyone have a schedule and a list of teams playing?

pirate4state
02-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Anyone have a schedule and a list of teams playing? Not yet. If I get ahold of one I'll post it. :)

pirate4state
02-23-2005, 02:19 PM
According to the Aransas Pass ISD web site the following teams will participate in their tourney this weekend. :eek: White Oaks (out of Dallas), Yoakum, Navosta, Needville, Wimberley, Hallettsville, Ingleside, Sinton & of course Aransas Pass. I believe AP will open the tourney in the 1st game at 10A, but I don't know who they'll be playing. I'm pretty sure Sinton will play Hallettsville on Thursday at 3P. I'm still trying to get confirmation. :)