PDA

View Full Version : Lexington High School "Boot Camp"

KTJ
02-22-2005, 10:11 AM
So if you live in the Austin area, you've most likely heard about the boot camp that goes on for the Lexington High School football team. I saw the tape and think this mother is blowing this stuff way out of proportion.

Thoughts?

marlin fan
02-22-2005, 10:14 AM
never heard about or seen it

District303aPastPlayer
02-22-2005, 10:30 AM
please describe

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
So if you live in the Austin area, you've most likely heard about the boot camp that goes on for the Lexington High School football team. I saw the tape and think this mother is blowing this stuff way out of proportion.

Thoughts?

Wow! I must've missed this one. If this is about their offseason program, success is bred with hard work. What's the scoop? PM me if you'd rather.

District303aPastPlayer
02-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Wow! I must've missed this one. If this is about their offseason program, success is bred with hard work. What's the scoop? PM me if you'd rather.

yeah, but heaven forbid momma's little johnny is gettin worked hard and is a little sore.

jason
02-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
yeah, but heaven forbid momma's little johnny is gettin worked hard and is a little sore. :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rockdale80
02-22-2005, 11:51 AM
i cant find anything about this....what gives? where can i find the article?

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
yeah, but heaven forbid momma's little johnny is gettin worked hard and is a little sore.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Poor thing! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/traurig/sad-smiley-019.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-029.gif

Slobberin Dawg
02-22-2005, 01:22 PM
What we need is more moms like the "Panther Mom" !

Old Dog
02-22-2005, 01:25 PM
heck, back in the stone age, most all schools had two weeks of "boot camp" for their 2 a days. It was quite a consentration of football; 24-7.

lepfan
02-22-2005, 05:53 PM
I think the "boot camp" label is used to much. Hard work does not equal boot camp tactics. You don't get anywhere if you don't put forth a lot of hard work. Most good [successful] programs will have "blood, sweat, and tears"...that is not to say all is bad.

HighSchool Fan
02-22-2005, 05:59 PM
My sister and brother-in-law have a church camp NW of OKC and they have 3-4 HS's come out there for a week for practice every August. They have never had a problem with any of the kids getting worked to hard. Actually the kids look forward to it.

That parent that is complaining down around Austin needs to realize that everyone is not cut out for football.

ILS1
02-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Thoughts?

Can you describe what was on the tape? I can't imagine what she was talking about. Was it because of the drills they were doing or because of the time of day they were practicing? Due to alot of heat related deaths so many schools have practices before or after the heat of the day. Plus,they get more water breaks and having "cooling tents". My nephew's school practiced from 6-8:30 a.m. and 6-8 p.m. In my days,we practice from 8 a.m.-11 a.m. and 3-6 p.m. when the sun's heat was at it's peak. I'm not saying we were tougher but today's kids are more pampered than we were. They have video games,better cable TV and now the Internet to keep them inside more often. Just my two cents worth.

;)

Gobbla2001
02-22-2005, 08:59 PM
I remember my freshmen. sophmore and junior years of offseason athletics...

We'd do the IHOP (International House of PAIN) three times a week from the time football season ended until mid-April...

A whole athletic period of non-stop TORTURE... We had the running ropes section, monkey bars, box jump, tire pull, mat drills, jump-rope (with 10/15 pound jump ropes, whichever one you happened to pick up... yellow was 10, blue was 15... needless to say, if you didn't get there in a hurrt, the yellow ones were gone) and push/up sit-up station, all in 5 minute segments... If your group was fast and finished before the 5 minutes were up, you were on the ground doing push-ups...

You were dog-tired, ready to go home for lunch... NOT SO FAST... you had to go run a super lap... Super laps are ran on the outside of the stadium until you reach the visitors' bleachers, then you snaked 'em, then you ran the outside again up until the home side, then you snaked those, then you were done (Cuero's stadium is pretty big for a 3A, old JC stadium)...

So, time to go to lunch... NOT, time to go line-up in the military drills... Hands behind your back, looking straight ahead, you do your push ups, back up, back down, you do your situps... If any of the 100+ screwed up, start all over...

Have a nice lunch...

eating was the last thing on my mind those 4 and a half months...