PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Clarrett

AggieJohn
02-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Where do you think that he goes in the draft, and do you think he goes....

Rockdale Tiger
02-21-2005, 06:49 PM
Anywhere from 2cd round to 5th.

PhiI C
02-21-2005, 07:37 PM
I would take a chance on him in the late first round. He just might be a steal like Emmitt Smith was.

GreenMonster
02-21-2005, 08:33 PM
I agree with Phil, late first round steal. Notice that THE Ohio State University was a decent football team before him, a very good football team with him, and an average football team without him. I think he is a good back with a great potential to be a cancer in the locker room. He's worth a chance though.

Adidas410s
02-21-2005, 08:38 PM
if anything he would be more like McGahee than Emmitt Smith...it will be a shock either way to see him do well!

JettJenkins04
02-21-2005, 09:29 PM
What do you mean, this guy nows how to play the game and plays it well. Just because he made a mistake that does not mean he can not be successfull at the next level. I think he has the potential to be a very good back in the NFL, now that he does not have to focus on making the grades but just playing football.

LH Panther Mom
02-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I think he is a good back with a great potential to be a cancer in the locker room. He's worth a chance though.

I agree with you on that.

big daddy russ
02-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by JettJenkins04
What do you mean, this guy nows how to play the game and plays it well. Just because he made a mistake that does not mean he can not be successfull at the next level. I think he has the potential to be a very good back in the NFL, now that he does not have to focus on making the grades but just playing football. I agree that he knows how to play the game, but I'd question his discipline. Not only has he been out of the game for two years, but if you've seen pictures of him lately he's gotten pretty pudgy. I don't know if he's ready for the NFL, but if I was a GM I'd take a fourth-round gamble on him.

AggieJohn
02-22-2005, 12:18 AM
he could be a good red zone back....

Phil C
02-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
he could be a good red zone back....

Hey Aggie do you think he would be worth taking a chance on a late first round? I think he would be worth a try. True he might bust but then you might be getting a big steal. What do you think?

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2005, 02:11 PM
There is no way I would give a 1st rounder on him. I would take a chance with a 3rd though. I would suspect that there are many other backs that will be on the draft board ahead of him. I do feel like he will be drafted in the top 3 rounds, but I doubt it will be in the first.

Buccaneer
02-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Maurice Clarrett was impressive at the combine and had passed the eye test! That means he looked good and in shape! He checked in at 5'11.5" and 234lbs.

big daddy russ
02-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Maurice Clarrett was impressive at the combine and had passed the eye test! That means he looked good and in shape! He checked in at 5'11.5" and 234lbs. 234 lbs.????:eek: :eek:

raider red 2000
02-24-2005, 04:15 PM
i think he could end up llike that dude that played for the raiders that was th center. the bipolar guy.

i think that clarett is a nut.....good player...but he nor is any player more imprtant than the team.

if i was a gm i would give him a chance with little salary but big money for incentives. keep the kid in check. let him know that he isnt THE MAN and he could pay off as a 2nd- 3rd round.

Bullaholic
02-24-2005, 05:42 PM
RB version of Randy Moss.....very immature and fixin' to get into the men's league.

big daddy russ
02-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i think he could end up llike that dude that played for the raiders that was th center. the bipolar guy... What was his name? Barrett Robinson or something like that. Anyone remember?

AggieJohn
02-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey Aggie do you think he would be worth taking a chance on a late first round? I think he would be worth a try. True he might bust but then you might be getting a big steal. What do you think?

i think if i was a new england or a pitts, and didn't have too much concern for the draft this year that i would take him