PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Gordon Sucks

Sintonfbplayer04
02-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I was really hoping to see Tony Stewart win Daytona, after winning the Busch race.

jason
02-21-2005, 01:05 PM
he's won 3 daytona 500's and 70 races in his career...he, in fact, does not suck...

Gobbla2001
02-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Everyone hates Jeff Gordon, even the people calling the race got excited when he dropped back to 2nd or 3rd in the final 5 laps (according to ESPN anyway)...

I'm sure Jeff Gordon would like to appologize for having ALL of his teeth and proper communication skills...

Maroon87
02-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I had Michael Waltrip in my NASCAR league....looked real good 'til he blew the engine.

P.S.: "I caught you a delicious bass."--N. Dynamite.

CHS_CG
02-21-2005, 01:38 PM
I was pullin for Jr. Lots of people love him lol. It would have been nice to see Martin Truex Jr. win also

HighSchool Fan
02-21-2005, 01:57 PM
the best part about the whole race was when it went off TV.

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
the best part about the whole race was when it went off TV. Amen to that brother!!!

ILS1
02-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
Amen to that brother!!!

Thank goodness someone agrees with me. I just don't get NASCAR!!! Watching cars go round and round and round for 4 hours!!! I just don't get it!!!

:eek:

footballmom
02-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Thank goodness someone agrees with me. I just don't get NASCAR!!! Watching cars go round and round and round for 4 hours!!! I just don't get it!!!

I feel the same way...BORING!!!!!!! I will say though...Jeff Gordon is pretty cute.:evillaugh

Gobbla2001
02-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

That my deal...

Now if they were going round and round, but had to drive through motor homes ever two laps lap etc... it'd be cool...

jason has a pretty good idea too, you should have him explain it sometime...

Gobbla2001
02-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Here, I found a website for you jealous nascar fans...

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1912/

LH Panther Mom
02-21-2005, 03:35 PM
I've never been a fan - if I need a nap, I'll watch golf. But I do have respect for the drivers and their crews, since the slightest error could be hazardous, even fatal. It seems that a lot of folks have jumped on the "I hate Jeff Gordon" bandwagon. The only things I can figure out are: 1) he's not an Earnhardt or a Petty, 2) he WINS, 3) he's cute, and 4) everyone else hates him so I'm going to hate him too. Good grief! :rolleyes: (Yes, CHS_CG, #4 was for you. :p )

jason
02-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
4) everyone else hates him so I'm going to hate him too. Good grief! :rolleyes: (Yes, CHS_CG, #4 was for you. :p ) i couldnt have said it better myself

CHS_CG
02-21-2005, 04:23 PM
nope ask my momma.. i have hated him since he startin racing... :p

HighSchool Fan
02-21-2005, 05:07 PM
most people just want to see a winner lose. i don't care to much for nascar, but i can't wait for the day when gordon wins more championships than earnhardt did.

setex
02-21-2005, 06:20 PM
I've never been a fan - if I need a nap, I'll watch golf.)

I agree Panther Mom on Men's Golf but this is my house every Sunday when the Ladies tee it up.

http://www.district87.org/bhs/aegis/02-03/Jan.%20Issue/Jan.%20Photos/Super%20Bowl_.jpg

LH Panther Mom
02-21-2005, 06:20 PM
I've never been a fan - if I need a nap, I'll watch golf. But I do have respect for the drivers and their crews, since the slightest error could be hazardous, even fatal. It seems that a lot of folks have jumped on the "I hate Jeff Gordon" bandwagon. The only things I can figure out are: 1) he's not an Earnhardt or a Petty, 2) he WINS, 3) he's cute, and 4) everyone else hates him so I'm going to hate him too. Good grief! :rolleyes: (Yes, CHS_CG, #4 was for you. :p )

Darn it! I can't believe I left off #5! 5) Wheaties has sold more boxes of cereal with him on there than with other folks. :D I wasn't aware that rednecks liked Wheaties. :thinking: :D :p

AggieJohn
02-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Jeff Gordan is not a Racecar driver for 3 reasons

A. He never fights anyone
B. He has perfect english
C. He always crys when he wins

Gobbla2001
02-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Jeff Gordan is not a Racecar driver for 3 reasons

A. He never fights anyone
B. He has perfect english
C. He always crys when he wins

It's pretty bad when a guy who isn't even a racecar driver can beat other racecar drivers at driving racecars...

LH Panther Mom
02-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Darn it! I can't believe I left off #5! 5) Wheaties has sold more boxes of cereal with him on there than with other folks. :D I wasn't aware that rednecks liked Wheaties. :thinking: :D :p

***Disclaimer: This was in no way intended to offend any Bubbas who don't like Nascar.*** ;)

LH Panther Mom
02-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by setex
I agree Panther Mom on Men's Golf but this is my house every Sunday when the Ladies tee it up.

http://www.district87.org/bhs/aegis/02-03/Jan.%20Issue/Jan.%20Photos/Super%20Bowl_.jpg

I can tell by the look on those teenage boys' faces, they all have the hots for Laurie Davies. :D ;)

jason
02-21-2005, 07:40 PM
i met kelly kuehne once...shes about 5'0"...

Bulldog_12
02-21-2005, 07:43 PM
The one thing I dont understand is the fact that they show clips on ESPN. I don't see how driving a car in a circle takes ANY athletic ability. Why is it considered a sport? Anyone with a drivers license could drive Nascar. I love this "sport" as much as I love having a root canal.

HighSchool Fan
02-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
T I don't see how driving a car in a circle takes ANY athletic ability. Why is it considered a sport? Anyone with a drivers license could drive Nascar. I love this "sport" as much as I love having a root canal.

i agree 100%, these guys are not athlete's

Hupernikomen
02-21-2005, 08:33 PM
May not be athletes but racing is part of the american culture of the southeastern u.s. May not be as big here in Texas as it is in N.C. and Florida but it is pretty big nonetheless. Even though I don't consider then athletes I do admire their skill at driving a car at a very fast speed among other cars for four straight hours..that takes some nerves and stamina.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Well, they're not really athletes, they're just really good at driving cars. I don't see what's so wrong with the sport and how people don't consider it to be a sport. You say golf is a sport, but nobody really breaks a sweat unless it's hot outside, but you see a Nascar driver climb out of his car soaking wet. Also, just as in every other professional sport, except for women's professional basketball (just for you Phil), they're paid millions of dollars to drive their cars. It requires skill and concentration and no real physical strains, but then again neither does golf. All you need is a pretty cool car that goes really fast and be good at driving. Jeff Gordon is also my favorite driver, and I like Nascar because I have been watching it since I was little, probably not as much as I've watched the back of my eyelids, but it gets me out of working on Sunday afternoons. :D