PDA

View Full Version : Raider Powerlifting

CheerMom
02-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Congrats to all the Raider Powerlifters on a great job yesterday.
We are proud of ya'll!!!
Donovan King--2nd place
Joe Cooper--3rd place
Joe Lee Perez--4th place
Krystal Sepulveda--5th place
Courtney Sklar(aka Tink07)--4th place
:clap: :clap: :clap:

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Congrats to these great lifters!!! let us know how they do at regionals, my little brother tells me its comming up soon.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Your daughter does powerlifting? Very impressive.....What is her weight class, totals, etc.?

CheerMom
02-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Your daughter does powerlifting? Very impressive.....What is her weight class, totals, etc.?

She started out in the 123 and ended in the 114. The most she lifted this season was 570. She would have done more at her final meet yesterday, but things didn't go as planned. She medalled in 3 out of 4 meets, and was close to qualifying for regionals for the second year in a row. She has two more years ahead of her and will be in the top of her class. She plans on weight training year round instead of just during the season, this should help her obtain her goal.

CheerMom
02-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
Congrats to these great lifters!!! let us know how they do at regionals, my little brother tells me its comming up soon.

Don't know if anyone will qualify, but will keep you posted. And once again, thanks for the tips, they really helped.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-21-2005, 09:35 AM
That is a pretty good total from the 114 weight class. Is there any chance of her qualifying for regionals?

Sintonfbplayer04
02-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Being a certified powerlifting judge is an awesome experience because you get to see these outstanding lifters lift an incredible amount of weight. I have only judged 3 meets this year and the regional director wants me to judge at regionals and state. I think regionals and state are going to be outstanding. I think the state meet is going to be back at U of H again.

rockdale80
02-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Sintonfbplayer04
Being a certified powerlifting judge is an awesome experience because you get to see these outstanding lifters lift an incredible amount of weight. I have only judged 3 meets this year and the regional director wants me to judge at regionals and state. I think regionals and state are going to be outstanding. I think the state meet is going to be back at U of H again.

werent they at fort hood a few years ago? let me know when the state meet is, because i am only 20 minutes from campus and wouldnt mind watching.

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-21-2005, 01:11 PM
it was at ft hood a few years ago, then it came to tcu for two years then went to houston. it usually stays at the same place for two years in a row. but i think it was a hood for about 4 years

CheerMom
02-21-2005, 01:15 PM
I know the girl's state meet has been in Killeen for the past few years.