PDA

View Full Version : Region I Basketball

VWG
02-20-2005, 11:23 AM
I know I am looking ahead... but, I think that the best second round matchup in the state could be Vernon vs. Glen Rose.
Both are teams that put up a ton of points, and both have very good teams. I am sticking with my prediction for Glen Rose to represent Region I in Austin.
Thoughts, other interesting games to watch?

KTJ
02-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I know I am looking ahead... but, I think that the best second round matchup in the state could be Vernon vs. Glen Rose.
Both are teams that put up a ton of points, and both have very good teams. I am sticking with my prediction for Glen Rose to represent Region I in Austin.
Thoughts, other interesting games to watch?

While I respect your decision, haven't we heard this same story before about Glen Rose? They were supposed to make it to State several times in the last 5-6 years but never produced. What makes it different now?

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Vernon won their warm up game on Saturday. They should beat Pilot Point and meet up with Glen Rose. I say should beat PP. Will be interesting.

VWG
02-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
While I respect your decision, haven't we heard this same story before about Glen Rose? They were supposed to make it to State several times in the last 5-6 years but never produced. What makes it different now?

If you look at the makeup of their team they have some dominant players that "complete" the team.
FW Star Telegram area stats has Glen Rose player that is in the top for assists, another that is in the top for rebounds, their offense is either number one or number two for points scored.
And... their defense is also in the top 10 in the area.
They lost by 2 pts. to Graham and that was before they got kids in from the football playoffs, and they have been playing very good down the stretch.