PDA

View Full Version : Who did the Decatur QB ever sign with?

VWG
02-18-2005, 10:26 PM
Inquiring minds want to know.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-19-2005, 02:10 PM
I don't know that he has signed anywhere yet. Rivals100 doesn't show that he has and all the schools that he was talking too do not show him on their new signees. Could be an ACT problem. You have to score a 19 to play. I don't know that is it, but it could be.

District303aPastPlayer
02-19-2005, 08:11 PM
good point...

mwynn05
02-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I don't know that he has signed anywhere yet. Rivals100 doesn't show that he has and all the schools that he was talking too do not show him on their new signees. Could be an ACT problem. You have to score a 19 to play. I don't know that is it, but it could be. you can score a 19 while sleeping

VWG
02-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
you can score a 19 while sleeping

Something's happening with this kid. I'm a little surprised that none of the Decatur posters have jumped on here to give us some information. They were all over the board during football season.

jason
02-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by VWG
They were all over the board during football season. they were here while decatur was winning...but disappeared after their playoff loss....

Gobbla2001
02-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Is he more interested in baseball/basketball/track/golf/marbles or something? Maybe that's why he didn't sign...

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Is he more interested in baseball/basketball/track/golf/marbles or something? Maybe that's why he didn't sign...

Could be the case. Chief Woodman should know he is a faithful Eagle poster.

Roll'em up
02-20-2005, 07:14 PM
From what I hear Chandler Dane is a very smart young man and testing isn't an issue. I believe his lack of looks comes from the fact that he is only 5'11" to 6'0" not quite what the college programs are looking for in a throwing QB. What most of these folks don't understand is how competitive this young man really is. If someone would give him a shot he would be successfull.

VWG
02-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
From what I hear Chandler Dane is a very smart young man and testing isn't an issue. I believe his lack of looks comes from the fact that he is only 5'11" to 6'0" not quite what the college programs are looking for in a throwing QB. What most of these folks don't understand is how competitive this young man really is. If someone would give him a shot he would be successfull.

OK, I agree but on the other hand why hasn't he even signed with a DII or DI-AA school?

District303aPastPlayer
02-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

there is probably something more there...

Chief Woodman
02-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by jason
they were here while decatur was winning...but disappeared after their playoff loss....

Dude, you wound me to the quick. I never disappeared, 'cept while moving and no computer this last week. Last I heard he had not signed. Trust me grades and smarts are NOT the issue. He is an intelligent young man. As for what is going on, I have not had the chance to check. I will try to find out. If I can find time 'tween unpacking, drawing floor plans and building a new casa. When you do 80% of the labor yourself on a house it does not leave much time for web chating.

CRHSeagle
02-21-2005, 12:07 AM
I doubt its grades. I could have sworn he was on the academic all state team. According to the Fort Worth Star Telegram, he commited to Baylor but didnt sign.

injuredinmelee
02-21-2005, 08:42 AM
maybe it is because he gets rattled to easily.

HighSchool Fan
02-21-2005, 08:45 AM
maybe the whole decatur team was over-rated:D

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-21-2005, 12:23 PM
I wish him the best. He is a very good QB and I know many teams would be glad to have him.

Since he hasn't signed with anyone he may want to consider DII ball, where his size wouldn't be as much of an issue.

big daddy russ
02-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Rivals has him listed as 5'10". A lot of D-I programs can get turned off by size, especially from a classic dropback passer, so maybe they just got cold feet. But hey, Joe Hamilton was 5'10" and he was the best QB in the nation his senior year at Georgia Tech. I have a feeling that Dane will make some teams regret passing on him.

Matthew328
02-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Joe Hamilton was more of a dual threat guy......at least coming out of high school..if you are a dual threat sometimes colleges will take chances on guys who do not have proto-typical size......I don't see Dane being a dual threat type kid.......D-2 or 3 could be an option or maybe JUCO....if he goes to a JUCO and proves himself he would have a shot at playing ball at a higher level....JUCO isn't always for kids who can't make the grades...

big daddy russ
02-21-2005, 05:36 PM
You know Matt, I haven't seen him personally but I read somewhere that he runs a 4.6... might've been Rivals. I don't know how shifty he is, but that's right in the Joe Hamilton range (Hamilton ran in the 4.5's).

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-21-2005, 05:53 PM
I have seen him play twice. He has a great arm. He can throw the dang ball on a rope. He also moves well in the pocket. I don't know that he would just take off and run. He had some good backs with him, (Jr. year the back signed with SMU). So on passes he just dropped back and hit who he was supposed too. On a run play he handed off. He also had a good line to protect him too, so I didn't really get to see his scrambling skills.

He has a good arm and can play either DII or III ball no doubt in my mind. FYI (My little Z jr. did pick him off twice when they played in 2003 but Dane was one of many that year. -- sorry Chief Woodman, I couldn't resist!)

injuredinmelee
02-21-2005, 06:21 PM
his scrambling skills werent very good. I believe he was sacked officially 10 times against Abilene Wylie.

Roll'em up
02-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Dane is a young man that sets high standards and expectations of himself. He may be very well making a decision to not play football at a smaller school so that he can go to college where he beleives he can best achieve his educational goals. Also, If he decided to walk on at the college of his choice I would bet he would be kept. I'm saying he would play, but I wouldn't see him being cut.

Yep, I guess 34-4 in the last 3 seasons does make Decatur a little over-rated.

HighSchool Fan
02-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
Yep, I guess 34-4 in the last 3 seasons does make Decatur a little over-rated.

just curious, how many state championships did 34-4 bring?