PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Hempstead Basketball

Bellville22
02-18-2005, 05:20 PM
Huge game tonight in D20 as Bellville and Hempstead square off for the final playoff spot. The game will be played at Brenham High School, tip is set for 7:30. Those of you in the area, check it out, both of these teams are fun to watch and capable of playing above the rim. Not the best teams in the area, but evenly matched and exciting nonetheless. Should be fun.

Bellville22
02-19-2005, 02:51 PM
What a game this was! Bellville trailed by 9 w/ only a few minutes to go and it looked like a done deal. They trailed by 7 w/ 40 seconds left. A big 3, and a steal/layup cut the lead to 2. With 12 seconds left, Bellville's Lucas Luetge was fouled, went to the line and sank two free-throws to tie the game at 64. As Hempstead tried to inbound the ball, Luetge stole it drove and was fouled again. He hit the first free throw, and w/ 7 seconds left, missed the second. The Bobcats drove the floor, but were unable to get a shot off. Bellville 65, Hempstead 64 F.

The Brahmas advance to the playoffs for the first time since '97. They'll face Smithville, but not sure of the time.

Hats of to Emmanuel Sanders and Brandon Harris it was the defense and quick hands of these guys that helped spark the comeback in the 4th. They seem to create steal after steal, fun to watch.

Good luck Bulls!

BrahmaMom
02-19-2005, 11:07 PM
Congrats to the Brahmas--I was in Houston watching future Brahmas play tournament basketball. As basketball is one of my favorite sports, I hope this sparks Bellville to take more interest as a community in our basketball teams. Way to fight, Brahmas! I can't believe that little Harris boy is in high school and playing varsity--it seems like only yesterday his oldest brother was playing for the Brahmas. To Emmanuel--be careful, no injuries before you graduate! Can't wait to read the Times' write-up of the nailbiter--thanks for the excellent preview, 22. Go Brahmas, all the way!!!

CheerMom
02-20-2005, 10:38 AM
WOW!!! Sounds like a great game!! Good Luck to the Brahmas on the playoff road!!

BrahmaMom
02-21-2005, 07:48 PM
As a result of his superb play in that game, Brahma Nick Mosely was named Chronicle Player of the Week--way to go, Nick! Congrats to Coach Collier on an outstanding job and to the team on a tremendous season--don't stop now!!