PDA

View Full Version : Los Fresnos Falcons?or Chickens?

TarponKing
09-21-2002, 01:39 PM
Tarpons..i have to hand it to you guys...you did an awesome job friday night..you put up a fight until the very end and despite some of the referees bad calls you sustained yourselves and prevailed by answering back with two touchdowns.....Everybody from lf was expecting a blowout...but you showed them what the Tarpons are all about!.....How sad that the Los Fresnos Falcons knelt the ball down and didnt play till the end....that just proves how scared they were about losing to the Tarpons....Either wey you showed the whole valley that you can play and that the Tarpons are serious!...Keep up the good work guys....AND RIO HONDO HERRRREEEEE WE COME!!

Wunderkindepiphany
09-21-2002, 08:43 PM
ha. Yes, ill give the tarpons the congrats they deserve. Tremendous speed is all that can be said about that team. I think that the game was played on both sides with the exception of little scuffles going on here and there. That was the worst game I have seen LF play all year, seriously. But, I have to say that was also one of the tougher battles put up by an opposing team this year. Good job tarpons. And for you who says that LF is afraid...on every drive that LF scored on, the drive lasted no longer than 2:15. It was very possible that if LF went for it in those last moments they could have scored. LF had better receivers, and a much better QB. What a track meet that was!

TarponKing
09-21-2002, 10:05 PM
For the most part you are correct....But the fact that you state that in the 2:15 time that was left lf could have scored again....well yea maybe..but we could have also scored with a fumble etc...and considering that, we could have tied the game or possibly won with a 2 point play....why is it that LF knelt the ball if they were so confident as they were?...why kneel the ball why not go for it?...I mean you do state that your passing game was doing good why not continue passing the ball?..ill tell u why!...cuz they were afraid we would come back just like we did when the score was 42-21..to 42-35....and most of our guys were playing the WHOLE game both ways which most 3a teams do and the fact that we still kept up with a more rested 4a team is an accomplishment...so no excuses...Good Job Tarps...keep up the good work!....Good luck LF in your season!...Lets get our valley teams deep in the playoffs and show everybody else what we got to offer.

Dark-Knight
09-21-2002, 10:40 PM
Hey Bring It! NO! in fact We will bring it!
Watch out PI the Black and Gold attack is coming! Good luck next week. For you will need it...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Bull Butter
09-21-2002, 11:26 PM
Hey Dark-Knight, welcome to varsity football this week! We're not St. Joe, La Villa or that convent from Mexico. While you've been playing the Little Sisters of the Poor, some teams have actually been gearing up for district play by scheduling REAL TEAMS. The only real team Rio Hondo faced off against was Sharyland in a scrimmage. I can't remember, did RH get ONE first down the entire scrimmage, or was it TWO????? I talked to Los Fresnos coaches who scouted that scrimmage and said you guys looked pathetic.

TarponRl3k
09-21-2002, 11:54 PM
it's just a game

TarponRl3k
09-22-2002, 12:00 AM
NOOOOO!!! IM A SCRUB AGAIN! I'll get my original username back sometime....hopefully. Jacket, help me!!! I want my REAL user name with my varisty title. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/frown.gif

Kool Tarpon 21
09-22-2002, 03:46 AM
Los Fresnos did what every team would have done. They knelt the ball because they had to secure their win. Anyways, it's over and done. We played our hearts out and it payed off. Now we are going to get ready for those Bobcats.

Kool Tarpon 21
09-22-2002, 03:48 AM
Black-Knight, be for real. Why don't you stop talking the talk and walk the walk? Well, we'll see you this Friday.

footballgal
09-22-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21:
Los Fresnos did what every team would have done. They knelt the ball because they had to secure their win. Anyways, it's over and done. We played our hearts out and it payed off. Now we are going to get ready for those Bobcats.

Very good way to think Kool Tarpon! Your right in your response, any team would knell the ball to secure the win. I am sure we would have done the same, but you have to admit they could of just ran it and kill some time that way, but they knew we have a very good run defense. But you're totally right next game is the focus now, last Friday is in the past.

Best wishes Tarpons and we'll see ya there Friday! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Kool Tarpon 21
09-22-2002, 11:48 AM
Thanks Footballgal. We are going to get ready for the Rio Hondo Bobcats. We always look forward to play them. Hopefully, we will play our game and show them who the Tarpons are.

Kakarot
09-22-2002, 12:35 PM
Hey Missile I CANT WAIT TILL THIS WEEK we are gonna whoop some ass foRRRReal man lets get ready and go hard in practice so at the games we can play harder.

hornet03
09-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Why wouldnt you kneel the ball? You have a win in your pocket and theres no way PI could win unless they did try to score. Calling someone a chicken for kneeling shows ignorance if you ask me.

TarponRl3k
09-22-2002, 02:22 PM
yeah...and anyway...the Battle of Hwy 100 is over. Tarpons played excellently and I'm proud of...most of them. I'm almost afraid we're going to hurt the Bobcats. They've had absolutely no preparation! Good Luck to each team.

Kool Tarpon 21
09-22-2002, 09:44 PM
Thanks Kristen. I don't think you should undestimate what Rio Hondo is capble of doing though. It's kool that you have confidence in us, but Rio Hondo is no walk on the park.

TarponRl3k
09-22-2002, 10:26 PM
Well, Missile, I thought about that later, and you're right. It will be no walk in the park but I am confident that you guys will end up coming out on top.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-23-2002, 12:09 AM
Hey y'all! I just got back to Dallas from Port Isabel

I'd like to report a robbery.......those damn refs stole the game!!!! I counted 3 missed facemask calls (two of the 15 yard variety), several holding calls, a late hit that wasn't called, a couple of clipping calls.........and that LF fumble during their clock killing drive that PI recovered that was ruled down......THAT ONE TOOK THE CAKE!!!! Like I was telling some of my friends after the game....."Tonight, Los Fresnos's school colors were Maroon, gold, BLACK AND WHITE!"

Aside from that, Tarpons, y'all impressed the hell out of me Friday. I had heard that y'all were fast, but, GEEZ!!!! This is the FASTEST Port Isabel team I have ever seen, and the fun thing about it is......THEY'RE YOUNG!!!!

Even though you came up short against Los Fresnos, you showed a lot of heart, a lot of determination, and a lot of perseverance despite the seemingly overwhelming odds against you. Hold your heads high, Tarpons.....you guys are going to ROCK in district. And in a way.....I feel sorry about the incredibly RUDE awakening the Rio Hondo Bobcats are going to get when they step onto the field with the Tarpons. Let 'em talk all the smack they want.......keep your heads high, and let your actions on the field do the talking for you. I'll be back in Port Isabel Oct. 11, I believe y'all are playing Lyford.

P.S. - I saw Big Tarp 74 at the game, but didn't see anyone else. FYI, I was the guy that was waving the blue pTi flag in the stands whenever the Tarpons scored.

"The Beast of the RGV East
is now ready to begin it's FEAST"