PDA

View Full Version : Dana X Bible at Texas A&M

Phil C
02-17-2005, 01:00 PM
I knew he was the football coach at Texas A&M and had great success there as well as at Nebraska and later Texas but I was unaware that he also had coached basketball at Texas A&M from 1920 to 1926 (Fall years here since it must be understood when I say 1920 I mean the 1920-21 basketball season). He had success coaching basketball at Texas A&M also because his teams won three SWC championships and his overall record was 90-47. It must be remembered that the college basketball seasons then were not that long and averaged around 20 to 21 games a year. I don't know if he coached basketball at UT or not. I don't think he did. I was unable to find past history information on basketball at the UT which is probably my fault more than the web site. :( Still interesting to know he coached two sports at Texas A&M and in view of his success in football and basketball there it makes one wonder again why no building has not been named for him.

pirate44
02-17-2005, 01:35 PM
wow Phil C. i didnt know that either. thanks for the info.

AggieJohn
02-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I knew he was the football coach at Texas A&M and had great success there as well as at Nebraska and later Texas but I was unaware that he also had coached basketball at Texas A&M from 1920 to 1926 (Fall years here since it must be understood when I say 1920 I mean the 1920-21 basketball season). He had success coaching basketball at Texas A&M also because his teams won three SWC championships and his overall record was 90-47. It must be remembered that the college basketball seasons then were not that long and averaged around 20 to 21 games a year. I don't know if he coached basketball at UT or not. I don't think he did. I was unable to find past history information on basketball at the UT which is probably my fault more than the web site. :( Still interesting to know he coached two sports at Texas A&M and in view of his success in football and basketball there it makes one wonder again why no building has not been named for him.

call him the martellus of coaches