PDA

View Full Version : Is Dallas-Ft. Worth the most...

BullFrog Dad
02-17-2005, 12:34 PM
...sports loaded metro area in the country? MLB MLS NBA NFL NHL franchises, two D1 universities that compete in all NCAA sports, two PGA stops, PBA stop, Pro Rodeo, Indy NASCAR NHRA Supercross stops, and Southlake Carroll! There's more to support the argument but I think this is more variety than anybody else has.

onfirebball05mustang
02-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
...sports loaded metro area in the country? MLB MLS NBA NFL NHL franchises, two D1 universities that compete in all NCAA sports, two PGA stops, PBA stop, Pro Rodeo, Indy NASCAR NHRA Supercross stops, and Southlake Carroll! There's more to support the argument but I think this is more variety than anybody else has.

one of the many reasons why i love dfw!

District303aPastPlayer
02-17-2005, 12:37 PM
id venture to say yes

pirate44
02-17-2005, 12:41 PM
i would guess new york might top them. maybe chicago and if la gets the nfl back.

AggieJohn
02-17-2005, 12:41 PM

yeah it's just a shame they never win anything

BullFrog Dad
02-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i would guess new york might top them. maybe chicago and if la gets the nfl back. NY and Chicago really don't have any D1 athletic programs outside of basketball plus no NASCAR and the other racing as well as no Pro Rodeo.

pirate44
02-17-2005, 01:37 PM
NY and Chicago really don't have any D1 athletic programs outside of basketball plus no NASCAR and the other racing as well as no Pro Rodeo.
but you said sports loaded. not DI football loaded. if youre selective about it, i suppose i could lump Corpus Christi in there somehow.

pirate44
02-17-2005, 01:49 PM
this is an interesting thread and im sure there are tons of opinions. cant go wrong with choosing DFW. i just disagree. im not a fan of the Sporting News, but this is what they came up with regarding Sports cities.
1. Boston
2. Oakland-San Francisco-San Jose
3. New York-Long Island-New Jersey
4. Houston
5. Los Angeles-Anaheim
6. Miami-Fort Lauderdale
7. Detroit
8. Dallas-Fort Worth
9. Philadelphia
10. Minneapolis-St. Paul
11. Chicago
12. Denver
13. Atlanta
14. Tampa-St. Petersburg
15. Seattle
16. Indianapolis
17. Baltimore-Washington
18. St. Louis
19. Nashville
20. Phoenix
21. Charlotte
22. New Orleans
23. Salt Lake City
24. Pittsburgh
25. Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, N.C.

KTJ
02-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Boston would be the #1 sports city in terms of winning.

New York is #1 in terms of "sports teams" but Dallas is a close 2nd. D/FW pretty much as every sport possible.

jason
02-17-2005, 03:47 PM
dallas also has 2 guys representing the Dallas Morning News on the ESPN show 'around the horn' i dont think any other city has 2....

BigChief
02-17-2005, 03:58 PM
Boston Globe has had three writers on Around the Horn. Bob Ryan
Michael Smith, and the one woman on that show, I wanna say her name is Jackie McMillian.

jason
02-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by BigChief
Boston Globe has had three writers on Around the Horn. Bob Ryan
Michael Smith, and the one woman on that show, I wanna say her name is Jackie McMillian. yeah, but bob ryan and the chick arent regulars like the Dallas guys....so i didnt count them lol...but im biased...

sahen
02-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
this is an interesting thread and im sure there are tons of opinions. cant go wrong with choosing DFW. i just disagree. im not a fan of the Sporting News, but this is what they came up with regarding Sports cities.
1. Boston
2. Oakland-San Francisco-San Jose
3. New York-Long Island-New Jersey
4. Houston
5. Los Angeles-Anaheim
6. Miami-Fort Lauderdale
7. Detroit
8. Dallas-Fort Worth
9. Philadelphia
10. Minneapolis-St. Paul
11. Chicago
12. Denver
13. Atlanta
14. Tampa-St. Petersburg
15. Seattle
16. Indianapolis
17. Baltimore-Washington
18. St. Louis
19. Nashville
20. Phoenix
21. Charlotte
22. New Orleans
23. Salt Lake City
24. Pittsburgh
25. Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, N.C.

cause this is fair, looks like to me they just wanted NYC in the top 3....in order to do this they include 2 whole STATES as their sports area....what is that? atleast most other places r actually one city or something like DFW where 2 cities r basically one....

pirate44
02-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by sahen
cause this is fair, looks like to me they just wanted NYC in the top 3....in order to do this they include 2 whole STATES as their sports area....what is that? atleast most other places r actually one city or something like DFW where 2 cities r basically one....
tons of people commute from NJ to NYC all the time. its probably closer than dallas is to ft. worth. if your talkin metro areas, i think its a more than fair comparison