PDA

View Full Version : I met another Downlow'er

44INAROW
02-16-2005, 06:53 PM
I was @ Premiere Sports in Victoria buying my son some baseball pants this afternoon and the man at the counter knew I was from Cuero and said congrats on the Gobblers making the basketball playoffs (we won 64-63 very close game) etc and we were making small talk etc.. This guy walks up and says he's from Yoakum and he said congrats also and they had a close on against Gonzales and we get to talking. He says his son married a Cuero girl and his grandchildren will be going to school in Cuero and I asked who his son married. Well, long story short, the guy I was talking to is BD62 who posts mainly during football season and Old Green has met for lunch several times. I told him I was 44inarow and we both just laughed.. Just thought I'd share, I thought that was neat :cool:

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-16-2005, 06:59 PM
thats kinda neat. i wonder if anyone else on the forum has met like that and just didnt know it.

Gobbla2001
02-16-2005, 07:39 PM
That's awesome... Old Green introduced me to him at the Wimberly/Cuero game in Seguin, nice guy... Wish he'd post more often....

Old Green
02-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I was @ Premiere Sports in Victoria buying my son some baseball pants this afternoon and the man at the counter knew I was from Cuero and said congrats on the Gobblers making the basketball playoffs (we won 64-63 very close game) etc and we were making small talk etc.. This guy walks up and says he's from Yoakum and he said congrats also and they had a close on against Gonzales and we get to talking. He says his son married a Cuero girl and his grandchildren will be going to school in Cuero and I asked who his son married. Well, long story short, the guy I was talking to is BD62 who posts mainly during football season and Old Green has met for lunch several times. I told him I was 44inarow and we both just laughed.. Just thought I'd share, I thought that was neat :cool: 44inarow. You should join us for lunch at the BBQ Station sometime. Especially on Fridays.

Bd62 is a great guy. I should call him right now.

44INAROW
02-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
44inarow. You should join us for lunch at the BBQ Station sometime. Especially on Fridays.

Bd62 is a great guy. I should call him right now.

Just let me know when you'll are meeting up and I'll be there.. walking distance from my office :)

Old Green
02-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Just let me know when you'll are meeting up and I'll be there.. walking distance from my office :) We will call you

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-16-2005, 09:25 PM
you'd really think that the posters from cuero or sinton on here would all get together on the weekends and go fishin or something. then again that would cause a problem because they'd all be crowded around one computer looking at the downlow.:D

Gobbla2001
02-16-2005, 09:29 PM
No, there aren't enough gas stations to supply the amount of cigarettes we'd all need...

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
No, there aren't enough gas stations to supply the amount of cigarettes we'd all need... i notice alot of people using different puncuation marks, like you used "..." others use the famous"!" do you think i oculd get away w/ changing my last name from henley to henley... or henley! that way people would have to say it inquisitively or w/ enthusiasm or what ever the case may be. anyone think it could work?

Gobbla2001
02-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Shoot for the stars, man...

La Grange
02-16-2005, 09:42 PM
...!

That is the better of the two...!

District303aPastPlayer
02-17-2005, 12:48 AM
speaking of which... anyone up for lunch @ the Lumberyard on friday?

pirate4state
02-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
speaking of which... anyone up for lunch @ the Lumberyard on friday? are you buying? :D

District303aPastPlayer
02-17-2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
are you buying? :D

i'll entertain the idea... only because you are family

pirate4state
02-17-2005, 01:13 AM
i'll entertain the idea... only because you are family :D :D Maybe 'The Godfather' has connections. :D Too bad Pirate44 works in CC and AP_Panther_Fan is in Aransas Pass. We should think about getting together on a weekend though. :thinking:

AggieBob
02-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Me and AggieJohn met on the way to a pledge retreat for our frat. We just started talking about high school football and somehow got on the subject of down low and found out we were both on here

District303aPastPlayer
02-17-2005, 01:23 AM
a weekend thing is good.... htowntransplant lives in CC... so i can talk with him about it... heck, we could all just meet at p4s' house and BBQ :D :D

pirate4state
02-17-2005, 01:24 AM
a weekend thing is good.... htowntransplant lives in CC... so i can talk with him about it... heck, we could all just meet at p4s' house and BBQ :D :D nice try. :clap: :D

g'nite :)

AggieJohn
02-17-2005, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
thats kinda neat. i wonder if anyone else on the forum has met like that and just didnt know it.

me and aggiebob met one day in a carpool to go to a retreat

District303aPastPlayer
02-17-2005, 01:30 AM
night... so all other sinton posters.. what ya think

pirate4state
02-17-2005, 09:43 AM
night... so all other sinton posters.. what ya think

for all the Sinton posters that were asleep at 12:30 in the morning. :D

AP Panther Fan
02-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
for all the Sinton posters that were asleep at 12:30 in the morning. :D

He doesn't require much sleep, does he?:D

Let me know what ideas you guys come up with. One of my biggest problems is that I have two daughters playing softball (one of which also plays basketball) and my son will have some upcoming weekend tournaments....but you never can tell. Would be fun to get together with everyone!:)