PDA

View Full Version : Nutria rat causes laughter and excitement at the BC/LCM Softball game!

Old Cardinal
02-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Boy true is stranger than fiction. I laughed so hard last night, first a nutria rat scared the right fielder and the ref ran it off the field. Next the nurtia rat came into the stands area of the Cardinal side of the diamond. Man the ole folks were getting up out of their lawn chairs and climbing up into the stands. After a big laugh things settled down a bit and about two minutes later the laughter and excitement started on the LC-M side of the press box. Ole nudie seemed to want to be a good sport and buzz the visiting folks also. By then the fiasco had everyone shaking their heads in laughter. Only in Lapland will by have excitement at a ball game caused by a visiting nutria rat! LOL

AP Panther Fan
02-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Man the ole folks were getting up out of their lawn chairs and climbing up into the stands.

Just had a visual....that is funny! :D

Phil C
02-16-2005, 05:35 PM
:D

pirate44
02-16-2005, 05:57 PM
boy those things are ugly though

Ranger Mom
02-16-2005, 06:34 PM
I had to look up "nutria rat" on google, I'd never heard of it before.

Pirate44 is right...they ARE ugly!! I bet the poor thing was scared to death!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/rat.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/rat1.jpg

Gobbla2001
02-16-2005, 07:42 PM
I do not know if you guys are aware of the show 'Insomniac' with Dave Attell on Comedy Central... But he'll stay up all night and go party etc... in towns, showcasing the night life... Then he'll go find other people who are awake doing their jobs and talk to them etc...

He went to New Orleans (I think) and went out with law enforcement... They drove up and down this ditch in a truck with chairs in the back shooting those rats in the spotlight... It was funny, Dave's not a bad shot...

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-16-2005, 07:57 PM
http://www.waterlilies.org/photolog/images/nikond70/nutria.jpg
here is a pic of the ugly rodents.

the first weekend i was w/ my unit in hawaii the insomniac show w/ dave attell had a show about hawaii. i thought it was quite coincidental to have that right as i got there.

Haunta Yo
02-16-2005, 08:06 PM
I love 'Insomniac' with Dave Attell and I saw the Nutria rat episode. I couldn't believe how big those things are.

The episode in Alaska is great, too.
3:00 am and the sun's still shining like it's 3:00 in the afternoon. What do folks in Alaska do when the bars close? They go trout fishing...

NSUTrumpet08
02-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah...i sometimes see some neutra rats..i'm not sure of the spelling...i've seen it spelled that way...but in any case...there are like a group of 8-10 of these things that are by the apartments i live in...i just want to take a picture of them but that one above is a great example...

Old Cardinal
02-16-2005, 10:40 PM
To Ranger Mom, Send me your e-mail address-- I have lost it. Also, please send Fred Gruendens e-mail; I have some stock info for you two.....

Tiger90
02-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Those boogers will turn on you quick.