PDA

View Full Version : Possible Rockets trade

JasperDog94
02-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Before I get to the trade, I just want to say that I got to go to the game last night. Boy was I impressed. I've never been to the Toyota Center, but that place is 1st class all the way. I got the invite to the game yesterday morning and jumped at the opportunity to go. The rockets "could" be for real. That was a good Wizards team they stomped last night.

Now on to the possible trade:

Mo Taylor to the Blazers, unnamed person from the Blazers to the Nets, Jason Kidd to the Rockets.

Now you're probably thinking the same thing I was. "No way does New Jersey trade Kidd." Well, Kidd has already said that he won't resign with New Jersey and he's a free agent after this year. They would get nothing for him. The Rockets would get out from under that huge contract of Taylors. The question is: who is the player that goes from the Blazers to the Nets?

A fairly reliable source told me that he called the Rockets and asked them about this and their response was, "How did you hear about this?" Not denying it, but not confirming it.

Any thoughts?

pirate44
02-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Houston pipe dream
..not to mention, houston doesnt need kidd

big daddy russ
02-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Hell, I think Houston could use him. They need a distributor at the point and the departure of Taylor wouldn't hurt them as bad since they have Juwan Howard.

pirate44
02-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hell, I think Houston could use him. They need a distributor at the point and the departure of Taylor wouldn't hurt them as bad since they have Juwan Howard.
i know its nice to have the best, but i get nervous with too many superstars on one team

JasperDog94
02-16-2005, 02:41 PM
But Kidd is a superstar that likes giving better than receiving. He's not your typical superstar.

Buccaneer
02-17-2005, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
Houston pipe dream
..not to mention, houston doesnt need kidd

You wouldn't want Kidd?! The Rockets would jump at the chance!

AggieJohn
02-17-2005, 03:27 AM
i don't think that kidd stays a net, i think that the rockets can do this being they are not in a cap crunch with the pushing off of mobley/francis. They can afford kid, they can use him immediately