PDA

View Full Version : Stockton Monahans and Greenwood

one&gone
02-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Who are the frontrunners for the jobs?

justlikesports
02-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Monahans had 73 applications. New AD will be named at the March 15 school board meeting.

Green Ranger
02-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Greenwood has always been hush hush, even when I was there it was really hard to find out what was going on. I read were someone stated that Kelvin Ratliff was a front runner. When I was working on my master's in Tyler, I was a GA at Tyler John Tyler HS when he first got that job. It was coach Ratliff and the trainer there that both convinced me to take the job at Greenwood and great things came of it. This was a couple weeks before school was to start leaving them short handed. I think Coach Ratliff would be a great fit and would do great with the kids. Problem I see is I dont think he was see eye to eye with the principal. Having been there, my bet is couple of the front runner names: Liles (who was under Purser for the state run then left to go to in town Lee HS), Brockman (just finished his second year and was hired to fill Liles place), Tedder (went to school at Greenwood, was on board since the state run), Elliot (current AP who coached a couple years back, great guy). It will be interesting to see what happens but unless somebody leaks some information you probably wont know till a coach has been named or proposed.