PDA

View Full Version : Mayfield Workman Award

OLiNeMaN
12-23-2003, 12:33 PM
Kennedale's Rex Harper was awarded with the Mayfield Workman Award. We are all very proud of him for a great season and a great career. Congratulations Rex!

CatsDen
12-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Congratulations to Rex Harper for another fantastic season and a stellar HS rushing career. I have watched Rex run with amazing speed and deceptive power for the last 3 years. I have seen him power through tackles, jump over bodies, blow by defenders, and embarass DB's with his open field moves. I've witnessed runs where he would break 8 tackles, lose a shoe, and still run off a 40 yard gain! I watched him run down the sidelines on his tip-toes, leaning in for an extra 15 yards. What is also impressive is his willingness to sacrifice for the team benefit. He ran his fakes just as hard as when he carried the ball. Rex even ran motion plays at full speed.
It is an absolute shame that Rex is not fighting off college recruiters every day! I know that his size may be a concern for colleges, but the one school that picks him up will have the greatest steal of the 2004 recruiting class! He is a fantastic athlete and a great person to meet. Good luck to Rex with his future!