PDA

View Full Version : The Chicago Bulls

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2005, 12:23 AM
Do they have a chance to be very very good in a couple of years? They have a bunch of kids who are just under 5 years out of college... and maybe 3-5 guys who are 5+ years in the pro's

pirate44
02-16-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Do they have a chance to be very very good in a couple of years? They have a bunch of kids who are just under 5 years out of college... and maybe 3-5 guys who are 5+ years in the pro's
looks like the same situation as Dallas in the early to mid 90's. hard to tell what management does with these young teams.

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2005, 09:24 AM
they remind me of the clippers before their management dismantled their team a year or two ago...

Bulldog_12
02-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Ill tell ya who else looks good, the Rockets. They have won eight in a row so far and are playing really well. A LOT better than they were at the beginning. McGrady is comfortable and working well with Yao. They combined for something like 50 points in the Rockets 123-93 bashing of the Wizards. I love it. Cant wait to see them get back to the glory days of The Dream.:D

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2005, 10:29 AM
where in the world did bobby sura come from though... his numbers have gone up since he was inserted in the starting line up... which is right around the time that the Rockets turned around... i know TMac is a good player... but he isnt the sole reason that the team is turning around... IMO... more people are able to score AND get Yao the ball.... whihc is always a good thing

Bulldog_12
02-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Thats what Im saying. Tmac really opened up a new game with the Rockets. Teams always knew that Francis was going to shoot himself when he was with them, so they played up and physical on him. Know everyone gets a chance when Tmac is averaging 6.5 assists per game. He is also averaging 25 points per game. Their defense has also greatly improved, but not because of Tmac, Ill have to say he is not the best defender. I hope they keep it up.

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2005, 10:37 AM
i hope that they continue this turn around...

whats up with the Mavs though...

big daddy russ
02-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
....Their defense has also greatly improved, but not because of Tmac, Ill have to say he is not the best defender... I always get a kick out of Bill Walton.

I was watching a Rockets game a few weeks ago and Walton was hosting the halftime show along with Mike Tirico. Tirico started talking about the Rockets' problems and how Van Gundy was a defensive-minded coach working with an offensive-minded team when Walton starts chiming in about how great of a defensive player McGrady is and how he always asks Van Gundy to match up with the other team's best player and how their defensive woes fall on the rest of the team.

At that moment I felt sorry for Luke Walton. Some people's dads only make idiots out of themselves in the living room or in the bars. This guy was doing it on national TV.

Bulldog_12
02-16-2005, 03:12 PM
WOW! Ill have to say that McGrady is the weakest defender on the team.

pirate44
02-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I always get a kick out of Bill Walton.

I was watching a Rockets game a few weeks ago and Walton was hosting the halftime show along with Mike Tirico. Tirico started talking about the Rockets' problems and how Van Gundy was a defensive-minded coach working with an offensive-minded team when Walton starts chiming in about how great of a defensive player McGrady is and how he always asks Van Gundy to match up with the other team's best player and how their defensive woes fall on the rest of the team.

At that moment I felt sorry for Luke Walton. Some people's dads only make idiots out of themselves in the living room or in the bars. This guy was doing it on national TV.
not to mention, he sounds like he is talking with a mouthful of marbles

JasperDog94
02-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Sometimes all it takes is finding the right combination of superstars and role players. Sura is a great role player and is a great fit for the Rockets.

Now about that Jason Kidd rumor...:D