PDA

View Full Version : Opinion

HighSchool Fan
02-15-2005, 11:45 AM
States Mull Taxing Drivers By Mile (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/14/eveningnews/main674120.shtml)

Bulldog_12
02-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It will cost more to just put the technology in the pumps and the cars. Im glad I don't live on the west coast.

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It will cost more to just put the technology in the pumps and the cars. Im glad I don't live on the west coast.

What's bad is that if one state does it, others will follow suit! I personally think it is a bunch of crap!

Just when average Americans are trying to find ways to save money in order to pay for groceries, mortgage payments, utilities etc....the government wants to charge us more. I am outraged.:mad:

HighSchool Fan
02-15-2005, 12:52 PM
just buy youself a whole bunch of 5 gallon gas cans. feel them up and use that gas on your spouses vehicle. that way you are only paying the tax on one car :D

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
just buy youself a whole bunch of 5 gallon gas cans. feel them up and use that gas on your spouses vehicle. that way you are only paying the tax on one car :D

I thought about that and/or a moped....just not sure how I would get the kids to school.

Oh, I know.....THEY COULD RIDE THE SCHOOL BUS...ANOTHER THING THAT MY TAX DOLLARS ARE PAYING FOR THAT I AM NOT UTILIZING!

Gobbla2001
02-15-2005, 01:51 PM
One of the cities in Cali, San Francisco or San Diego or San Elstupido are going to start charging customers $.27 for grocery bags...

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
San Elstupido...

LOL...I say no thanks to the bag, just carry my items out to my car one or two at a time. What J.A.'s!

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
One of the cities in Cali, San Francisco or San Diego or San Elstupido are going to start charging customers $.27 for grocery bags... i heard there was burker king or some fast food resturaunt doing something like this, but i think it was .04 cents for a packet of ketchup. friggin' tightwads!!!!

sahen
02-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12

the technology in the cars will be paid by u and me when we buy it, u can guarantee the gov. wont cover that....this idea is ridiculous why dont they just take a pay cut from their lofty salaries and use it to pay for the roads?..oops....nm i guess i answered my own question....

Bulldog_12
02-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by sahen
the technology in the cars will be paid by u and me when we buy it, u can guarantee the gov. wont cover that....
I know, thats what Im saying. That is costing the consumers wayyyyyyy too much.Gas is already so expensive, then add the cost of the Technology. The gas business would go under due to having each of their pumps outfitted with this technology. This could hurt a LOT of small towns as well.

spiveyrat
02-15-2005, 04:17 PM
The funny thing about it is that legislators who were advocating the hybreds and alternative fuels (1) are the same ones who are now panicked by the fruits of their legislation (less taxes on more efficient transporation) and (2) are the same ones pushing for this "per-mile tax". :rolleyes: Talk about short-sightedness!

spiveyrat
02-15-2005, 04:20 PM
FYI, if you regularly use a boat in the state of Texas (and a few other states, NOT including Kansas), you can turn in your receipts for the fuel used by your boat to the state and get a refund on the road taxes built in to the price of the gas.