PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs Odem tonight in softball

Phil C
02-15-2005, 09:43 AM
The Junior Varsity plays at 5 and the Varsity at 7. I think the boys' basketball team will be playing there at 7. All games are in Odem. Of course from the basketball standpoint the key game is Aransas Pass at Mathis. If AP wins then there is a three way tie for third place and I guess later this week they will have a three way playoff. If Mathis wins they are the third place team and Golaid wins district with AP second. If AP wins I guess also they will meet Goliad to see who represents the district as champions. A tough choice but I will be at the girls' softball games.

Phil C
02-15-2005, 09:44 AM
The three way tie would be between Sinton, Mathis and Ingleside.

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Hey GodFather, our girls scrimmaged Odem last Friday night. I saw one of our players Saturday morning and she said Odem beat us rather handily (not in those words).

Good luck this evening. I will be travelling to Skidmore to watch our baseball scrimmage, but you are right, tonight is another critical game for AP basketball.:)

Phil C
02-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Hey GodFather, our girls scrimmaged Odem last Friday night. I saw one of our players Saturday morning and she said Odem beat us rather handily (not in those words).

Good luck this evening. I will be travelling to Skidmore to watch our baseball scrimmage, but you are right, tonight is another critical game for AP basketball.:)

Thanks for the information AP Panther Fan. Scrimages are interesting but I don't take them too seriously because teams are trying out and looking at different players in different positions and also looking at younger players. Plus the players are still rusty also. Scrimages are mainly to help teams find out weaknesses and correct them and many times the losers are actually the winners in the long run.

I know AP will want to win against Mathis because AP would like to have a shot at district championship representation with Goliad plus at this point in the season teams need to win to have momentum going into playoffs.

Phil C
02-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Also AP we have to remember that some of the softball girls are busy with the basketball playoffs and were not available for that game. Another reason why those type of scrimages cannot be taken too seriously.

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Also AP we have to remember that some of the softball girls are busy with the basketball playoffs and were not available for that game. Another reason why those type of scrimages cannot be taken too seriously.

true, but I think some of our problems are a bit bigger. I will PM you.

sinton fan04
02-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Does the boys varsity baseball team play today or may someone direct me to a schedule thanx.:thinking:

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by sinton fan04
Does the boys varsity baseball team play today or may someone direct me to a schedule thanx.:thinking:

http://www.sintonisd.net/Athletics/Schedules/05Baseball.pdf

See if this works.....

Phil C
02-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by sinton fan04

According to the tentative schedule there is no game or scrimmage scheduled tonight. Of course there may be an update though.

pirate4state
02-15-2005, 11:08 AM
The boys have a scrimmage today at home. Trying to find out time & against who. Will update when I get info.

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
The boys have a scrimmage today at home. Trying to find out time & against who. Will update when I get info.

Just goes to show you, schedules are virtually worthless. :rolleyes: ;)

pirate44
02-15-2005, 04:39 PM
any luck on info about the scrimage, p4s?

pirate4state
02-15-2005, 04:40 PM
The boys have a scrimmage today at home. Trying to find out time & against who. Will update when I get info. They scrimmage GP @ 5pm today - only varisty from what I understand. :D

pirate44
02-15-2005, 04:41 PM
They scrimmage GP @ 5pm today - only varisty from what I understand. :D
do you know how long those scrimages usually last?

pirate4state
02-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
do you know how long those scrimages usually last? It depends on what the coaches work out, but they both usually like to go the 7 innings.

pirate44
02-15-2005, 04:52 PM
It depends on what the coaches work out, but they both usually like to go the 7 innings.
great. wife normally has supper on the table by 5:30 when i get home, so maybe i can catch a few innings.

pirate4state
02-15-2005, 04:59 PM
great. wife normally has supper on the table by 5:30 when i get home, so maybe i can catch a few innings. lucky you! :D

PhiI C
02-16-2005, 12:12 AM
The Sinton Lady Pirates won over the Odem Lady Owls 14 to 2. It was only 6 to 2 but in the 7th inning Sinton scored 8 runs. Also the Sinton Lady JVs won over the Odem JVs 12 to 3 according to someone that saw the game. I wasn't able to get there till that game was already over.

Buccaneer
02-16-2005, 01:13 AM
Sinton Boys Basketball beat Odem! Goliad and AP both won! Ingleside and Mathis both lost! There is a 2 way tie for 1st place and a 3 way tie for 3rd in 30-3A!

pirate44
02-16-2005, 08:34 AM
we went riding bikes by the high school last night at 6:30 and there was no scrimage going on. did it happen after all?

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Sinton Boys Basketball beat Odem! Goliad and AP both won! Ingleside and Mathis both lost! There is a 2 way tie for 1st place and a 3 way tie for 3rd in 30-3A!

so all 5 teams are a legit contender for the playoffs....

don't ya just love HS athletics

AP Panther Fan
02-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
so all 5 teams are a legit contender for the playoffs....

don't ya just love HS athletics

Heard this morning that AP and Goliad will be playing Friday night at a site to be determined. Our score was 51-37 against Mathis and we were missing a starter. This flu is really hitting us hard over here!:(

Phil C
02-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Heard this morning that AP and Goliad will be playing Friday night at a site to be determined. Our score was 51-37 against Mathis and we were missing a starter. This flu is really hitting us hard over here!:(

I can understand and sympathize with that AP. We had one of good players ill Friday night against Ingleside but hopefully he is rested and ready to go this week. I don't know if he played against Odem last night (I was told Sinton won). I remember one time when I was in the 7th grade that Freer had an awesome team. They won every turnament and were whipping everyone in the district and many people expected them to go to State (they probably weren't quite good enough to win it though) but germs in February ruined it more than the opponents. At that time only the district champion advanced. Our star player was down with the flu the last couple of weeks of the season and the team lost several district games they could easily have won with him. We lost our tallest player to the flu also. San Diego our nearest rival that we had easily handled in tournments lost their last game to put us in a playoff with them since we had beaten them handily when we had both players but in the playoff without our two aces we lost by 9 points thus ruining the chance of being another South Texas Team in 2A at the time to go to state. San Diego didn't get far in the playoffs by the way.
Anyway I hope the player gets well.

Phil C
02-16-2005, 10:03 AM
By the way that Freer Basketball team was coached by Coach Ray Akins :eek: who also coached football and later had a great record at Gregory-Portland in football.

pirate4state
02-16-2005, 10:21 AM
we went riding bikes by the high school last night at 6:30 and there was no scrimage going on. did it happen after all? I got some bad info guys! I'm sorry. :o They did scrimmage yesterday, but they were at GP. :eek: Don't have any results/details. My bad. :doh:

Phil C
02-16-2005, 10:27 AM
I got some bad info guys! I'm sorry. :o They did scrimmage yesterday, but they were at GP. :eek: Don't have any results/details. My bad. :doh:

Not really your fault pirate. It is just that as AP Panther Fan has said these schedules are not updated plus they are not usually dependable until district due to February weather and other factors.

pirate44
02-16-2005, 10:29 AM
I got some bad info guys! I'm sorry. :o They did scrimmage yesterday, but they were at GP. :eek: Don't have any results/details. My bad. :doh:
no biggie p4s. we were on our way to dairy queen for ice cream anyway.:D

AP Panther Fan
02-16-2005, 11:32 AM

When we were cruising through Sinton on our way home from Skidmore, I think I saw your school bus on the way back from GP. Hope it went well.

Just curious, on our way to Skidmore there was alot of smoke northwest? of Sinton. Was there a big fire out that way?

pirate44
02-16-2005, 11:36 AM
When we were cruising through Sinton on our way home from Skidmore, I think I saw your school bus on the way back from GP. Hope it went well.

Just curious, on our way to Skidmore there was alot of smoke northwest? of Sinton. Was there a big fire out that way?
i was wondering the same thing. (why was i thinking that was monday?) the amount of smoke looked like a plane crash. i wish the news covered it

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2005, 11:43 AM
i was wondering the same thing. (why was i thinking that was monday?) the amount of smoke looked like a plane crash. i wish the news covered it

there is controlled burning going on near rockport i believe.... but dont hold me to that

pirate44
02-16-2005, 11:44 AM
there is controlled burning going on near rockport i believe.... but dont hold me to that
i think the smoke AP was talkin bout was northwest of town

AP Panther Fan
02-16-2005, 11:47 AM

certainly the right direction...Rockport is kinda northsomethin'....looked as if it covered many, many acres.:cool:

District303aPastPlayer
02-16-2005, 11:47 AM
i know what you are thining of... i can see most of it from my house

pirate44
02-16-2005, 11:54 AM
certainly the right direction...Rockport is kinda northsomethin'....looked as if it covered many, many acres.:cool:
maybe what i saw was monday after all. probably different smoke then

AP Panther Fan
02-16-2005, 12:02 PM
maybe what i saw was monday after all. probably different smoke then

:smoker: uh huh, yah, i bet it was!:D

JUST KIDDING!:D

pirate44
02-16-2005, 12:04 PM
:smoker: uh huh, yah, i bet it was!:D

JUST KIDDING!:D
LOL...im not the one saying Rockport is northWEST of Sinton.

AP Panther Fan
02-16-2005, 12:10 PM
LOL...im not the one saying Rockport is northWEST of Sinton.

he hee.....I clarified that with the northsomethin' statement.:D

I can get lost leaving a parking lot and have absolutely no sense of direction. You know that feeling when your leaving an unfamiliar place....hmmm, did I turn right or left when I pulled in here?:rolleyes: :D