PDA

View Full Version : Decatur 35 - Bridgeport 14

slpybear the bullfan
10-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Well, first let me say hat's off to the Eagles. They are a good team and got the win.

No sour grapes from this Bulls fan. I am proud of the gritty, hard-fought game they played and they can hold their head's up.

Question for Chief or anyone else... why did Decatur call so many timeouts during their kicking plays? I noticed three timeouts called, as the coaches were trying to signal plays in... What is up with that?

Good game, luck to both teams in the postseason.. (I hope!)

Chief Woodman
10-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Was wondering about that time out myself. I will have to wait to get the answer. Bulls did play a good game. I looks like the race for the playoff's is going to be interesting.

Roll'em up
10-17-2003, 11:56 PM
I'm sure the timeout on the kickoff had something to do with the starting QB for Bridgeport set deep to receive the ball. If you noticed Bridgeport took him off of the field after the timeout.

slpybear the bullfan
10-18-2003, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I noticed the hands team going in and out... but what about the PAT before half time? I saw a Kickoff and a PAT with TOs in the first half, and then that Kickoff in the 2nd half with a TO, plus one that got kinda tight.

Chief Woodman
10-18-2003, 10:35 AM
When I find out Monday I will let ya know. Looked like a clock management issue on one of them. Hey what was up the Bulls player who got ejected late in the game? Looked like he threw a punch at McKinney who was on the sidelines without a helmet on. Not for sure, view was partially blocked.

The One
10-19-2003, 11:04 AM
Chief,
I totally missed that, when you find out on Monday let me know a player number. How much time was left when that ejection occurred?

MASH4077
10-19-2003, 04:08 PM
It was #5.

slpybear the bullfan
10-19-2003, 09:20 PM
It was number #5. I am not going to use names on stuff like that... just a policy of mine... folks close enough to care will figure it out.

This was what happened from my viewpoint... Just my Observation...

#5 goes up to catch a ball and can't do it. As he comes down out of bounds he may or may not have got tangled up with a Decatur DB (didn't look like he did to me). But, as he does come down he throws a huge haymaker that goes nowhere close to landing. Tweet!!! Tack on a 15 yarder.

Now, the boy is ejected from the game which automatically makes him ineligible for next week. Yeah, anyone who thinks football isn't a mental game is wrong..