PDA

View Full Version : TCU moves into 6th in BCS

crzyjournalist03
11-10-2003, 06:50 PM
TCU has legitimized their quest for a BCS berth. By moving into the 6th spot, they are now guaranteed a BCS game if they can hang on and win the remainder of their games!

jason
11-10-2003, 07:14 PM
maybe they'll play Texas in a bowl game....Texas would lose, lol...

crzyjournalist03
11-10-2003, 07:32 PM
jason:
maybe they'll play Texas in a bowl game....Texas would lose, lol...actually, the Dallas Morning News reported that as a possibility. At least one of the two would be in the Fiesta Bowl, and if Texas was the team that the Fiesta Bowl really wanted, they'd probably be forced to take TCU as well because Texas would be taking one of the at-large berths.

FootballFan03
11-10-2003, 08:06 PM
What top 25 teams has TCU beaten outside their own conference?
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one.

3afan
11-10-2003, 08:27 PM
the problem is unless teams around them lose its impossible for them to move up. tcu is less than 5 points ahead of tenn, mich, ga & wash st and anyone of those could pass them up with a decent win. tcu only has cincinnati (5-4), southern miss (6-3) & smu (0-10) left to play.

but it would be great to see them in a bcs bowl

crzyjournalist03
11-10-2003, 10:55 PM
FootballFan03:
What top 25 teams has TCU beaten outside their own conference?
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one.well, if you want to talk about top 25 teams outside their own conference...they've beaten the exact same number of teams that OU has. :p

sahen
11-10-2003, 11:01 PM
I'm sry guys but TCU barely squeaked by louisville...i give them props for their great record and think they should get a shot at a BCS opponent but i think they will get blown out...just my opinion but yah...this to me seems like once again another arguement for the playoffs...

Goob
11-10-2003, 11:25 PM
People were expecting USC to blow them out a few years ago in the the bowl game they were in. If I remember right it was TCU 28 and Southern Cal 19.

crzyjournalist03
11-10-2003, 11:30 PM
don't get me wrong...I don't think that TCU will blow out anybody in a BCS game, but I do think if they go undefeated, they at least deserve to be in one of the premier bowls.

sahen
11-10-2003, 11:30 PM
a few years ago USC wasnt a BCS calibir opponent either....

sahen
11-10-2003, 11:31 PM
a few years ago USC wasnt a BCS calibir opponent either...i think TCU can beat #'s 15 and up...maybe even some of the teams between 10 and 15...but i dont think they have teh ability to beat a top 10 team...but we will find out..it would be cool if they do

surfspike
11-11-2003, 12:53 AM
sahen:
I'm sry guys but TCU barely squeaked by louisville...i give them props for their great record and think they should get a shot at a BCS opponent but i think they will get blown out...just my opinion but yah...this to me seems like once again another arguement for the playoffs...at the time, Louisville was ranked. They have a good team. TCU just played better.

sahen
11-11-2003, 12:56 AM
surfspike:

sahen:
I'm sry guys but TCU barely squeaked by louisville...i give them props for their great record and think they should get a shot at a BCS opponent but i think they will get blown out...just my opinion but yah...this to me seems like once again another arguement for the playoffs...at the time, Louisville was ranked. They have a good team. TCU just played better.i know that was my point Louisville was #25 and they barely beat them...what do u think the number 5 or 7 team would do to them?

Phil C
11-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Hey TCU would whip any team in the country. They are that good. The BCS and Oklahoma don't want them to play in the National Championship Bowl game because they are scared. They know TCU would win.

Phil C
11-11-2003, 02:25 PM
Also the Blake kid from Aransas Pass is a freshman at TCU so things are looking up even better there.

everman_guy
11-11-2003, 02:38 PM
#5 Viginia Tech wasn't able to beat #22 Pittsburgh. So saying TCU barely beat #25 Louisville doens't make them any good doesn't make any sense. A victory against a top 25 team isn't easy to come by. If you win you win...that is that matters. TCU is only playing the system that is present to them. They are basically forced to play the schedule they are because they were excluded from the big 12, and nobody will play them. If they make more power to them, anything can happen in one game.

sahen
11-11-2003, 03:47 PM
alright you people can believe TCU can "whip any team in the country" and all that but the truth will come out when bowl season comes around...i dont see TCU loosing another game so they should get a BCS bid which i do believe they deserve..but i dont think they will win it...

JasperDog94
11-11-2003, 04:05 PM
sahen:
alright you people can believe TCU can "whip any team in the country" and all that but the truth will come out when bowl season comes around...i dont see TCU loosing another game so they should get a BCS bid which i do believe they deserve..but i dont think they will win it...I concur.

PPHSfan
11-11-2003, 04:12 PM
everman_guy
#5 Viginia Tech wasn't able to beat #22 Pittsburgh. So saying TCU barely beat #25 Louisville doens't make them any good doesn't make any sense. A victory against a top 25 team isn't easy to come by. If you win you win...that is that matters. TCU is only playing the system that is present to them. They are basically forced to play the schedule they are because they were excluded from the big 12, and nobody will play them. If they make more power to them, anything can happen in one game.A win against a top 25 team would be easy if the Top 25 team were TCU and the other team was Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech, USC, Virginia Tech, etc.

I love TCU but they are only in the BCS top 25 for political reasons.

I mean even I, who am one of the biggest Celina fans on the planet, do not think that during the time that Celina won 68 games in a row, that they could have played on the same field as a Lufkin.

I don't think they ever earned the right to say that they should play against the Likes of a Lufkin either.