PDA

View Full Version : 02-11-95 AAA Basketball Results

PhiI C
02-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Tonight in 30AAA Sinton beat Ingleside 54 to 46 in a hard fought game played well by both sides but Sinton was able to pull it away at the end plus what hurt Ingleside was one of their star players got into foul trouble.
The key game result we need now is Mathis vs Goliad. With this win right now Ingleside, Sinton and Mathis have two wins each but tonigth Mathis has Goliad and Aransas Pass on Tuesday night. If Mathis wins one of those games they will get the third spot. We need to know how Mathis did tonight against Goliad before we do farther analysis though.

LH Panther Mom
02-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Does anyone happen to know the results of the girls' Marion vs LaVernia game from tonight?

PhiI C
02-11-2005, 11:23 PM
I did get to very briefly meet IHSBBStar86 and he is an outstanding young man and a very good basketball player. I only got to meet him briefly because of course he needed to hurry to get on the team bus plus when you play a good hard game like tonight and lose you don't want to visit too much plus you are tired.

PhiI C
02-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Unfortunately the Mathis vs Goliad game wasn't reported to the news so we don't know the results. The results of this game are very important to Sinton and Ingleside.

SintonFan
02-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Sinton has a slight chance of making the playoffs by beating Ingleside. I hope Mathis won't beat AP or Goliad but then again they are playing great ball now. If they beat one of those teams they surely deserve to make it.

Old Green
02-12-2005, 08:22 AM
Goliad won .
Goliad 65 - Mathis 47

PhiI C
02-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Goliad won .
Goliad 65 - Mathis 47

Thank you for the information Old! If Aransas Pass beats Mathis then there will be a three way tie for the third playoff spot and my guess is later next week they will flip a coin between Sinton, Mathis and Ingleside and the odd one will have a bye while the other two play and then the next day the bye plays the winner to see who gets third place. I guess also that will mean AP and Goliad will play to see who represents the district as champions.

gobbler grad
02-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Over in 26-3A, Cuero defeated Hallettsville 73-52 , leaving Cuero and Luling for the 3rd spot, which will be decided on Tuesday in Luling...winner there advances to playoffs...
Good luck Gobblers...:cheerl:

Old Green
02-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Does anyone happen to know the results of the girls' Marion vs LaVernia game from tonight? LaVernia 46 - Marion 30

LH Panther Mom
02-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
LaVernia 46 - Marion 30

Thanks, Old Green!

AP Panther Fan
02-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Godfather - Here is what the APISD website had to say. I know you like keeping up with our neighbors in District 31 as well.

Orange Grove Bulldogs defeated at Aransas Pass 90-53 2/11/05

In a non-district game played between two AAA playoff bound opponents, Aransas Pass (23-9, 6-1) came out on top 90-53. Orange Grove is still battling for 1st place in District 31-AAA, while Aransas Pass is tied for 1st in district 30-AAA.
6'6" senior Matt Hall led the 23-9 Panthers with 24 points, 19 of them scored by halftime. The rest of the Panthers took over the scoring load in the second half as Antonio Balderas scored 5, Brian Quintanilla 7, Albert Lockhart 3, Daniel Hayes 14, Michael Cook 3, Marcus Hernandez 6, Georgie Alvarado 5 (with 11 rebounds), Jarred Day 3, Eric Mingus 9, Cody Hall 11.

The Panther's next game will be in Mathis at 7:30 pm on Tuesday. A win by Aransas Pass, and a win by Goliad at Ingleside Tuesday will force a playoff for first place at a site and time to be determined between Goliad and the Panthers.