PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Sinton and South Texas Next Week??

Phil C
02-11-2005, 12:29 PM
MY sources have told me so that it will snow here next week even though I am not sure when. This is from some sources and not me so I am just passing it on. Personally I don't think it will but still you never know and I have an extra camera handy just in case. It is just hard for me to believe it will snow here in February (maybe January or December but not in February).

AP Panther Fan
02-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Did you hear this at the local cafe again?:D

Phil C
02-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Did you hear this at the local cafe again?:D

Actually I heard this at the local post office this time. :)

bccards
02-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
....It is just hard for me to believe it will snow here in February (maybe January or December but not in February).

Actually here in SETX, Feb is the month that we get the most snow! I know we're further north, but still :D Not to mention, it only snows here maybe once every 10 years (better than you guys down in S Tex tho ;) )

Phil C
02-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by bccards
Actually here in SETX, Feb is the month that we get the most snow! I know we're further north, but still :D Not to mention, it only snows here maybe once every 10 years (better than you guys down in S Tex tho ;) )

Actually I thought it snowed there about every four years or so.

bccards
02-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Actually I thought it snowed there about every four years or so.

I wish, The last measurable snow we had here was in 1989. We missed the huge Christmas Snowstorm here by only about 10 miles! We barely saw a flurry here. So we are still awaiting a true snowfall.. We get sleet about every 4 years, but true snow a LOT less often.

sinton66
02-11-2005, 07:54 PM
I heard yesterday that the Farmer's Almanac predicted our Christmas snow, and has predicted it again for February. I haven't seen it, so I can't attest to the truthfulness of this.

Gobbla2001
02-11-2005, 08:29 PM
I've heard the almanac has predicted it for this month...

We didn't get a state championship by gawd, but I did get me a snow-man...

At my house we measured all around, prolly a good 11 inches... 15 inch drifts, it was pretty neat...

I'm gunna try and scan some of our pictures, but if you go to www.thevictoriaadvocate.com , you can find pictures of the snow taken around our area...

SintonFan
02-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I heard yesterday that the Farmer's Almanac predicted our Christmas snow, and has predicted it again for February. I haven't seen it, so I can't attest to the truthfulness of this.
I heard that but the farmer I talked to said the prediction from the almanac was earlier this month. :(
Then again, I WAS calling for Dale Nelson's head the week before Christmas...:D

Gobbla2001
02-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Oops, just heard that the prediction for this year's South Texas snow is Monday (V's Day)... they say it's the last chance for a hard freeze down here... Highs in the lower 70's for Monday here, so it doesn't look like it'sa gunna happen...

PhiI C
02-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by bccards
I wish, The last measurable snow we had here was in 1989. We missed the huge Christmas Snowstorm here by only about 10 miles! We barely saw a flurry here. So we are still awaiting a true snowfall.. We get sleet about every 4 years, but true snow a LOT less often.

That does surprise me bc because my mother is from east Texas (Mabank) and they would get snow once every three or four years. Of course that was years ago so I guess it is different now. :(

Gobbla2001
02-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Yah, it's global warming, Phil...

Over in Europe, it's the warmest it's been for 500 years, that should tell you something about our cars etc... messing up the ozone...

Wait.... that means it was that warm 500 years ago, too... What, was it the flatuation of oxen causing it back then?

PhiI C
02-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Well one good thing is if we don't get snow and the weather is good the softball game Tuesday night at Odem is still on. :)

bccards
02-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
That does surprise me bc because my mother is from east Texas (Mabank) and they would get snow once every three or four years. Of course that was years ago so I guess it is different now. :(

I looked a map of Mabank, That is closer to Dallas (According to Mapquest [crapquest]. Bridge City is on the Gulf Coast (30 minutes or so from the beach). That's why we don't get snow here that often, durn that Gulf! lol

sinfan75
02-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Better not snow. It'll give me another reason to have a cold one.:D :D :D

cdlvj
02-14-2005, 02:49 PM
In the late 50's to late 60's we had snow in La Grange area on Feb 12 for about 3 of those years.

pirate44
02-14-2005, 05:56 PM
wow, im here in Corpus Christi and we're getting a few flurries. looks like it could be Christmas Eve all over again:D

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
wow, im here in Corpus Christi and we're getting a few flurries. looks like it could be Christmas Eve all over again:D

Are you serious? It's 80 stinking degrees here. :( :mad:

SintonFan
02-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Wait till the 18th 44, since Phi! started this on the 11th.

District303aPastPlayer
02-15-2005, 12:17 AM
88 freakin degrees... on valentines day... it was HORRIBLE!

Buccaneer
02-15-2005, 01:41 AM
I was going to start putting seed in the ground but I thought the Godfather had predicted a blizzard! I didn't want to cross the Godfather!

pirate44
02-15-2005, 07:22 AM
i acnt believe this. im having to shovel the driveway just to get out of my garage. this is so cool. if i didnt have a big project, id be staying home and building snowmen. i hope they have the harbor bridge open to get through. i cant believe all this snow!

LH Panther Mom
02-15-2005, 07:44 AM
i acnt believe this. im having to shovel the driveway just to get out of my garage. this is so cool. if i didnt have a big project, id be staying home and building snowmen. i hope they have the harbor bridge open to get through. i cant believe all this snow!

Well, it is getting awfully deep, so I need to get my snow boots out. :p

pirate44
02-15-2005, 08:12 AM
for all of those concerned with me getting to work safely, i finally made it. would you believe, the bridge was open? who would have thunk it? 6 inches of snow twice in 2 months in south texas. must be a record of some sort.