PDA

View Full Version : To Idiot...

bearcat1
10-02-2001, 06:54 PM
Let me clear a few things up. I thought I had done this earlier but, maybe I didn't communicate myself clearly enough. I (bc) do the region 1 page. I am the only one responsible for the region 1 page and all pages associated with Region I. So to attack J2K or any other downlow staff member for Region I articles that you find questionable is a complete waste of time. I hope that clears that up, again. Now on to your concerns...I moved Sweetwater ahead of Wylie because (and I stated this reasoning on the region I page also) Wylie has to me been unimpressive as of late. And I felt they should be lowered. Sweetwater continues to impress me, and I felt they should be raised. Hence the shuffle. When teams become impressive they move up, and vice versa.
a team that is lowered can & will be raised again when the time is right (read: when they become impressive). I dont want to hear about how a team "will do...", I care about how they ARE doing. The top 10 isn't a future predictor, it is a reflection of the teams in their current state of play. At this point, the team I am most impressed with (in R1) is actually Lake Worth, and my rankings reflect that. I appreciate your opinions and you are more than welcome to come on here and voice your agreement or disagreement with anything on this site. However, I don't appreciate being accused of smoking something, and you have done that in a hostile tone twice now. Once, it was regarding having Cylde at 3rd (which I didn't by the way-- that was the ADM rank) and then again with this switch among the top10. Get ahold of yourself, this is a privately run website and the staff does the best it can to be fair and equitable, but ultimately, when it is the "3A Down Low" picks, that means it is "our" picks, and they reflect our own beliefs, not the beliefs of everyone else in the state. At times we will make predictions that are conservative and safe, and go along with all the other so-called rating services out there, at other times we will go out on a limb and do things that may seem to some to be outlandish. But I can assure you they are not made because one of us "doesn't like" a certain team/town. If we were that shallow we wouldn't be in the business of running a 3A website for very long. my perspective, at this time, is that Sweetwater is deserving of a higher ranking than Wylie. Plain and simple. I have tried to explain the reshuffling and I will leave it at that. You don't have to like it. You also don't have to look at it. And trust me, this isn't the first time I've made a bold call and it certainly won't be the last. So if you are getting to the point of not enjoying the Region I page because I stray from the conservative at times, I'd suggest you save yourself the time and stop visiting it. As far as the PRESEASON picks on the regional pages, no they will not be updated. And that was clearly stated in the offseason when these were made. I post "current standings" which reflect the rising and falling of teams on the same page where my preseason poll is. Reason? To see how things end up vs. how I picked them. I would think a visitor to this site would appreciate the honest look at my reliability, or idiocy depending on how I do, rather than having me change my damn district picks every time a win or loss occcurs. Any IDIOT can do that. Right, idiot? In closing let me reiterate that in the future, do not jump all over other staff members for the Region I material that offends you...I am more than happy and capable of addressing your concerns myself. Thanks for visiting. And in the words of a favorite DJ of mine...enjoy your circus.
bc

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited October 02, 2001).]

Idiot
10-03-2001, 07:31 AM
First of all i directed MY opionion to Jacket because he was the one that answered my question therefore i figured he was the one i would respond to.Secondly I was not "bashing" anyone , i was simpliy stating MY opinion, i did figure this was a place where anyone could have there own opinion and that was all i was doing,saying what I thought, forgive me for that if i was wrong.Believe me i know how much hard work and how much time this takes for ya'll to run this site and it is appreciated very much, ya'll do a great job on here and that is why i come here,But if i am to come here and just read what ever is put up and not state my opinion then tell me that and i will only read.I guess a person just cant "back" there team full fledged and think anything said about there team in a down way is bad? If i remember right i have NOT bad mouthed another team or player and you can correct me if i am wrong. Ok i have said enough, I will mind my P's and Q's and sit here quitely and read ONLY from now on,and i know you are busy and have lots to do on here so i dont expect a reply , I just wanted to state my side.

superman
10-03-2001, 02:13 PM
bearcat1- will you be attending the sweetwater vs. wylie game?????

bearcat1
10-03-2001, 07:20 PM
Of course you are free to state your opinion. I just get tired of the personal ugly remarks directed at us sometimes "what were you smoking......". I mean after a while it gets old.

Superman: No I will not be attending the game.
bc

Originally posted by Idiot:
First of all i directed MY opionion to Jacket because he was the one that answered my question therefore i figured he was the one i would respond to.Secondly I was not "bashing" anyone , i was simpliy stating MY opinion, i did figure this was a place where anyone could have there own opinion and that was all i was doing,saying what I thought, forgive me for that if i was wrong.Believe me i know how much hard work and how much time this takes for ya'll to run this site and it is appreciated very much, ya'll do a great job on here and that is why i come here,But if i am to come here and just read what ever is put up and not state my opinion then tell me that and i will only read.I guess a person just cant "back" there team full fledged and think anything said about there team in a down way is bad? If i remember right i have NOT bad mouthed another team or player and you can correct me if i am wrong. Ok i have said enough, I will mind my P's and Q's and sit here quitely and read ONLY from now on,and i know you are busy and have lots to do on here so i dont expect a reply , I just wanted to state my side.

Idiot
10-04-2001, 07:30 AM
Ok i can see that but your post was to me "TO IDIOT" and said NOTHING about "what are ya'll smoking" I am here to have fun and i do not believe i have said anything that "bad" about anyone , So lets just call this a big misunderstanding and move on , what ya say?