PDA

View Full Version : It's all but official!!!

Leopard213
02-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Looks like Tony V. will be going to East Chambers High as of about 7:15 tonight. My word is that it is a done deal and their school board is going to hire tonight. Mr. & Mrs. V. left at noon today and Tony has called a meeting of the team for Friday.

Saga to continue.

Old Tiger
02-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Good luck to him at his new place!

WOS1
02-10-2005, 10:05 PM
That's the word over here too. I was wondering why he would want to leave a tradition rich school like LG for EC, but someone mentioned that he is from Winnie (EC) and is coming back home. Don't know if all this is true, but it comes from a reliable source.

lepfan
02-10-2005, 11:32 PM
I am not sure of the validity of this...RUMOR has it that Mike Sports would entertain coming back to LG as HC if TV was outta there. That would be such an awesome improvment!!! A coach who has a heart and one the kids will give 110% for!

Haunta Yo
02-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Who is Mike Spots?

chugbug
02-11-2005, 10:28 AM
I want to wish Tony V. good luck. It sound like leaving is a good idea with all the wining that is going on. Players are quiting because they are not use to losing, because off season is to much work etc. Tony you don't need that . GOOD LUCK.:hairpunk: :hairpunk: :wave: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Leopard213
02-11-2005, 10:42 AM
WE DON'T NEED TONY, EITHER!!!!

Leopard213
02-11-2005, 10:43 AM
It is official, he is going to East Chambers........

Did I hear, "help him move"................

Crow22
02-11-2005, 10:44 AM
There are "others" that want the LG job as well......

"That's all I have to say about that." Forrest Gump

lepfan
02-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Some wish it had happened years ago...but then sights were set on 4A....no one bit on that hook. He wants to leave and most in LG want him to leave. Not a lot of problem with that. I hope those "others" know how to deal with and treat others as human beings---not just coach. And the answer to the question......YES!!!

I am not a fickle fan nor am I a scorned parent...I got over all that a long time ago...this is just the way I see things. If you don't agree don't attack me with words.

You need to be on the inside looking out...not on the outside looking in. On the outside it all smells like roses...but on the inside it smells like one of these feedlots up here!

cdlvj
02-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Is he taking Underwood with him?

Pudlugger
02-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Well, I for one am grateful for Coach V and what he accomplished at La Grange. It is a shame after all that was accomplished in the past 11 years that folks in this town have such animus towards someone who I know cared about the players and gave so much to the program. Good luck Tony and thanks for what you did for this town, and especially for what you taught my son.

As for you whinners, well I hope yall give whoever comes into town some slack for more than a season or two because it will take some time to rebuild a winning attitude among the players from what I have read on this board lately. Any new coach worth his salt will work the players doubly hard coming off the poor season of 2004. All those players that quit should have some miles to run if they want back on the team now. If it were me I'd just go with the sophs and juniors and build for 2006 and 2007.

lepfan
02-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by cdlvj
Is he taking Underwood with him?

You mean Underhill??? I doubt it.

lepfan
02-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Well, I for one am grateful for Coach V and what he accomplished at La Grange. It is a shame after all that was accomplished in the past 11 years that folks in this town have such animus towards someone who I know cared about the players and gave so much to the program. Good luck Tony and thanks for what you did for this town, and especially for what you taught my son.

As for you whinners, well I hope yall give whoever comes into town some slack for more than a season or two because it will take some time to rebuild a winning attitude among the players from what I have read on this board lately. Any new coach worth his salt will work the players doubly hard coming off the poor season of 2004. All those players that quit should have some miles to run if they want back on the team now. If it were me I'd just go with the sophs and juniors and build for 2006 and 2007.

Yes, Pudlugger...he did teach the boys a lot. My son learned how to deal with many different types of personalities. It was not always smooth sailing but, it can be looked back on as good experience. Our experiences as youth help us to become better adults. As for the new coach coming in...I do think LG will be welcoming to him and give him the same chances they gave TV. Respect and respect will be given. Best wishes to the new coach in LG. There is talent in the pool and they will rebuild!

fballchick06
02-12-2005, 11:31 PM
i hope that all of you who are trashing coach v really know what you are losing. while he may have been a little hard to get a long with at times, coach v truly cared about every one of his players and he wanted to see them do their best. coach v put his heart and soul into building an awesome program at lg and its a shame that everyone is forgetting all that after one dissappointing season. i, for one, am sad to see coach v leave lg on such a bad note because he did a lot for the kids, the program, the school, and the town. best of luck to coach v at ec and i hope that lg can get someone who will do as much as he did for the kids and program.

lepfan
02-12-2005, 11:46 PM
I think everyone knows "what" LG is losing...it is just that not all agree on what that "what" is.

No trashing intended.