PDA

View Full Version : Snyder's Dee Walker signs with SMU

Snyder_TigerFan
02-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Snyder's newspaper has an article about Dee Walker signing with SMU....

Walker commits to SMU
By Larry McCarty
SDN Sports Editor
Dee Walker, the most prolific running back in Snyder football
history, committed this morning to play next season at Southern
Methodist University. Walker, who arrived on the SHS campus in April 2004, rushed for a school record 2,355 yards last season and helped the Tigers to the Class 3A Division II state semifinals.
He considered Abilene Christian University, Texas Christian University, Arkansas State and Angelo State before making his
decision. SMU is a member of the Western
Athletic Conference. TheMustangs went 3-8 in 2004 with wins over San Jose State, Tulsa and Nevada.

“I visited the campus three times and liked what I saw,” said
Walker. “They also have a strong academic program in business.
“They are an up and coming program and I liked the coaching
staff. I expect to play, but I understand that they are a Division I
school and I might be redshirted.”

Walker was selected the offensive player of the year in District
4-3A and received numerous awards from area newspapers.
The Texas Sports Writers Association picked Walker firstteam
running back, and chosen honorable mention allstate running back by SHS coach Chad Rogers that SMU is getting a student
and football player.
“I knew that he would what we needed,” said“He always worked hard, especially in the weightroom. He became a stronger player with a good work ethic.
“He will make SMU a good player player. I expect him to there and play next year.”

Black_Magic
02-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Good For Dee! They are getting one hell of a running back! He is going to make some noise on the track this year in the sprints and Triple Jump before he goes. Good luck to Dee.:thumbsup:

Jet1
02-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Congrate Dee. Hope he does well.

Chief Woodman
02-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Last year SMU signed 6-4 240 lb 4.5 speed Decatur RB Andrew McKinney. Although McKinney is more suited to tight end (and I hope he moves there) it sounds like GREAT competition if he does not move.

TheDOCTORdre
02-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Congrats Dee now I can cheer for you since you wont be playing against Sweetwater :D , but seriously best of luck in the future

panther power
02-10-2005, 05:31 PM
what races does dee compete in for track? 200, 400? do you have any times for him?

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Yes, glad to see that Dee signed with SMU. Just glad he will get to continue playing football. Class Act!

Black_Magic
02-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by panther power
what races does dee compete in for track? 200, 400? do you have any times for him? He is equivalent to the wells kid last year. may be he will go sub 11.00 in the 100 meters. relays too. no times yet , no meets yet. frenship meet in Lubbock on the 25-26th this month so we will see then.

panther power
02-10-2005, 06:01 PM
he is not competiting in the indoor meet in lubbock next week?

AggieJohn
02-10-2005, 06:24 PM
wasn't dee walker a rock singer
or was that Dee Snyder?

crabman
02-10-2005, 07:03 PM
He will join Ross Nigh from Cuero at SMU.

GreenMonster
02-10-2005, 07:31 PM
i think someone needs to congratulate SMU for pulling off the steal of the century. Walker is a great running back.