6. Jasper (32-8)
7. Lubbock Cooper (28-5)
8. Falfurrias (22-10)
9. Bridge City (25-4)
10. Llano (29-10)

http://www.texashighschoolbaseballonline.com/pages.cfm?name=Top3A

Old Green
02-10-2005, 06:31 AM
Looks like Region IV is well represented with 4 teams in the top 10.

89JDAWG
02-10-2005, 09:20 AM
REGION 3 ALSO HAS 4 LETS GO JASPER!

4x100jackets
02-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Do a Real Spring sport!!!!!!!!!

jason
02-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
Do a Real Spring sport!!!!!!!!! a real sport? it takes more talent to hit a 90 mph fastball than it does to run 100 yards with a stick...

BlueBlood
02-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Do a Real Spring sport!!!!!!!!!

Now that is one the more stupid things I have read on this message board.

AP Panther Fan
02-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Old Green

:thumbsup:

4x100jackets
02-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Yea your right your don't have to be fast to hit a 90mph fast ball, Just fat.......but come football season many coaches say man we have NO SPEED.... A track is built around a football field for a reason!!!!

pirate44
02-10-2005, 10:35 AM
im sure we'll see Sinton drop during the season. Coach has a way of playing the best teams in the higher classifications around for predistrict schedule and giving a lot of underclassmen some much needed experience. the losses come, but in my opinion makes the team better.

Phil C
02-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
im sure we'll see Sinton drop during the season. Coach has a way of playing the best teams in the higher classifications around for predistrict schedule and giving a lot of underclassmen some much needed experience. the losses come, but in my opinion makes the team better.

I was thinking the same thing pirate. I remember in the 80s when we won back to back state championships Sinton wasn't even ranked in the top ten after the regular season because of early losses to big schools.

AP Panther Fan
02-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Yea your right your don't have to be fast to hit a 90mph fast ball, Just fat.....

http://www.kit.netpoets.net/ohbrother.gif

So THAT'S what it looks like from the cheap seats? :hand:

LH Panther Mom
02-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Yea your right your don't have to be fast to hit a 90mph fast ball, Just fat.......but come football season many coaches say man we have NO SPEED.... A track is built around a football field for a reason!!!!

:rolleyes: This is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth, but maybe you should actually go watch a high school baseball game. You might be surprised how FAST most of those kids are. Being in track in no way qualifies a kid to run the sprint relay NOR does it make them fast.

CHS_CG
02-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:rolleyes: This is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth,

I always do and it pays off:D

LH Panther Mom
02-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I always do and it pays off:D

I'm not sure which applies, so you get them both to be safe. :p :kiss:

AP Panther Fan
02-10-2005, 10:50 AM
:rolleyes: This is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth, but maybe you should actually go watch a high school baseball game. You might be surprised how FAST most of those kids are. Being in track in no way qualifies a kid to run the sprint relay NOR does it make them fast.

Amen Sista!:D

jason
Yea your right your don't have to be fast to hit a 90mph fast ball, Just fat :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

i bet half of kids who play baseball are faster than kids that run track...

pirate44
Originally posted by Phil C
I was thinking the same thing pirate. I remember in the 80s when we won back to back state championships Sinton wasn't even ranked in the top ten after the regular season because of early losses to big schools.
hehe, every season before district play begins i think, "oh no this is going to be a long season, and i dont mean "playoff" long". luckily Kasprzyk is the coach and not me:D

44INAROW
02-10-2005, 11:03 AM

It's attitudes like this that ..... nevermind, sometimes it is just better to let it go...... by the way my son does both and he's NOT FAT

WOS#74
02-10-2005, 11:07 AM
run forrest run

4x100jackets
02-10-2005, 01:07 PM
What relates better with football??? TRACK Workouts or BASEBALL guys standing in the outfield scratching their @$$...., chasing a ground ball once every 3 innings!!!!!!!!!
ENOUGH SAID........

FbCoachB40
02-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Hey jackets, if track makes your football team faster then what is the problem at your school? Cuz they ain't fast!

AP Panther Fan
02-10-2005, 01:16 PM
What relates better with football??? TRACK Workouts or BASEBALL guys standing in the outfield scratching their @$$...., chasing a ground ball once every 3 innings!!!!!!!!!
ENOUGH SAID........

You're wrong........

NOW, THAT'S ENOUGH SAID!

4x100jackets
02-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Hey jackets, if track makes your football team faster then what is the problem at your school? Cuz they ain't fast!

42.5 4x100 in class 2a is not fast enough????
1:27 4x200
3:22 4x400
3 Rounds deep in the Playoffs yr after yr....
WHY NOT RUN ??????????????

FbCoachB40
02-10-2005, 01:20 PM
I thought you were at Sweeny. If not, sorry for the confusion

4x100jackets
02-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
I thought you were at Sweeny. If not, sorry for the confusion

Yep your wrong Try ALTO..BABY...WE WILL WIN IT THIS YR AGAIN.

pirate44
02-10-2005, 01:55 PM
sounds like someone got cut from the baseball team

AP Panther Fan
02-10-2005, 01:57 PM
sounds like someone got cut from the baseball team

Right......musta not been able to swing at those 90 mph pitches!:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

AP Panther Fan
02-10-2005, 02:03 PM
You know Pirate44.....

No matter how fast you think you are, it really doesn't matter in baseball if you can't hit the ball, does it?;)

pirate44
02-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
You know Pirate44.....

No matter how fast you think you are, it really doesn't matter in baseball if you can't hit the ball, does it?;)
true AP. and then there are the pitchers who make that ball move like they have some kind of remote control to the ball:eek:

AP Panther Fan
02-10-2005, 02:11 PM
true AP. and then there are the pitchers who make that ball move like they have some kind of remote control to the ball:eek:

Those are fun to watch ... nothing like a good ol' curve ball to sit a batter back down on the bench! He could run the 40 in 4 sec flat and it still won't get him on first base:D

pirate4state
02-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Those are fun to watch ... nothing like a good ol' curve ball to sit a batter back down on the bench! He could run the 40 in 4 sec flat and it still won't get him on first base:D sweet :clap: :thumbsup:

WOS1
02-10-2005, 05:05 PM
There aren't many players playing baseball in 3A or any other class that are swinging at 90 mph fast balls either...

That's bringing it...

LH Panther Mom
02-10-2005, 06:06 PM
ENOUGH SAID........

42.5 4x100 in class 2a is not fast enough????
1:27 4x200
3:22 4x400
3 Rounds deep in the Playoffs yr after yr....
WHY NOT RUN ??????????????

So you have 4 guys in your town that are fast & run the relays. With those times, it seems they should be winning state. Are they? Now, what does the rest of your football team do while your 4 fast guys are running these relays - stand around on the football field scratching their behinds watching them run?

Just because you don't like baseball, doesn't mean you need to run the sport down - any baseball team is better off without someone with this type attitude. Enlighten yourself - there are actually kids who play baseball AND run track.

Hupernikomen
02-10-2005, 10:34 PM
So you have 4 guys in your town that are fast & run the relays. With those times, it seems they should be winning state. Are they? Now, what does the rest of your football team do while your 4 fast guys are running these relays - stand around on the football field scratching their behinds watching them run?

Just because you don't like baseball, doesn't mean you need to run the sport down - any baseball team is better off without someone with this type attitude. Enlighten yourself - there are actually kids who play baseball AND run track.

Yeah they have won state plenty of times in track...

If memory serves me correctly they have also won state in baseball...not football...go figure.

Hupernikomen
02-10-2005, 10:52 PM
nope memory failed me..they didn't win in baseball either..lost to weimar one year in the finals...seems everyone loses to weimar in the finals.

Hannibal
02-11-2005, 09:21 AM
I don't care how fast you are, you can't steal first base.

WOS1
02-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Hannibal
I don't care how fast you are, you can't steal first base.

... awesome!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

XMan
02-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Since when did a sport have to be beneficial to football success to be a good thing?????? Hate to tell you but there are a lot of other things in this world other than football. Wake up.

LH Panther Mom
02-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Since when did a sport have to be beneficial to football success to be a good thing?????? Hate to tell you but there are a lot of other things in this world other than football. Wake up.

:clap: :clap:

rockdale80
02-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by XMan

there is? j/k. But the other sports I competed in was to benefit me in the fall. I know that isnt why everyone does them, but that was my reasoning.

g$$
02-13-2005, 11:52 PM
You are right, that is bringing it, but there are quite a few touching 90 these days. You would be surprised. The guy dogging baseball in favor of track obviously did not have the skills for the diamond. Stick to track buddy, & count the # of people at your track meets (other than workers). Baseball requires skill & athleticism. See ya.

WOS1
02-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You are right, that is bringing it, but there are quite a few touching 90 these days. You would be surprised. The guy dogging baseball in favor of track obviously did not have the skills for the diamond. Stick to track buddy, & count the # of people at your track meets (other than workers). Baseball requires skill & athleticism. See ya.

No... you will be surprised by the number of people claiming that certain individuals are hitting 90. The reality is that there really aren't that many actually doing it. Trust me on this...

chugbug
02-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Do not overlook the Columbus Cardinals. They could be a sleeper. They have everyone back. :eek: :eek: :tongue: :hairpunk: :hairpunk: :hairpunk:

g$$
02-15-2005, 01:01 AM
WOS1:

No, I am not mistaken because I scout, but I do agree that #s get exaggerated big-time. The avg. D1 fastball is 85 (RHP) & 82 (LHP). It is around 89 mph in MLB, but that is on the rise with the influx of hard-throwers the past few years. We went through a real dry spell a few years back because kids were not developing arm strength on their play stations. All of this being said, the velocities have gone up again & there are lots of quality arms out there. I could name some from my area (Houston, South TX) right now over 90 mph consistently (Kyle Drabek, Blake Williams, Ryan Jenkins, etc.), & college staffs have more than before too. So you are right about crazy #s tossed around, but wrong in that more kids are reaching 90+. When all else fails, blame it on steroids too I guess! I prefer hard work & talent. See ya.

g$$
02-15-2005, 01:20 AM
Chugbug:

Tell me more please about your Columbus baseball team. I plan to scout a couple of kids at the Feb. 22nd Columbus/Sweeny game. I read the preseason rankings so it should be a good matchup (not that those rankings mean anything), as both return solid teams. I would imagine you will see Sweeny's best & one of the top juniors around, Blake Williams. He is a hard-throwing RHP with excellent stuff. I watched him some last summer & fall when he played for the Houston Heat. I have been told y'all have a solid core group coming of a successful summer, so it should be fun. I hope to see some good ball at your beautiful ballpark off I-10. Tell me more....

whtfbplaya
02-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Our baseball team ran more than our track team, and baseball is a sport because you can directly affect the performance of your opponent. In track you dont even need another team to play just a stopwatch.

WOS1
02-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
WOS1:

No, I am not mistaken because I scout, but I do agree that #s get exaggerated big-time. The avg. D1 fastball is 85 (RHP) & 82 (LHP). It is around 89 mph in MLB, but that is on the rise with the influx of hard-throwers the past few years. We went through a real dry spell a few years back because kids were not developing arm strength on their play stations. All of this being said, the velocities have gone up again & there are lots of quality arms out there. I could name some from my area (Houston, South TX) right now over 90 mph consistently (Kyle Drabek, Blake Williams, Ryan Jenkins, etc.), & college staffs have more than before too. So you are right about crazy #s tossed around, but wrong in that more kids are reaching 90+. When all else fails, blame it on steroids too I guess! I prefer hard work & talent. See ya.

I wasn't saying that there were no pitchers hitting 90, just no where near the number that some around the state claim. Like you, I have scouts that are close friends and they are the ones who have told me of the claims. One local pitcher is touted even here by an overzealous fan as having a fast ball around 92. This particular friend actually works with the kid and he tells me that he may hit 84 on his best day.

But, back to the original statement. There are very few kids who actually see a 90 mph fastball. You've named 3, but there are thousands of pitchers out there.

g$$
02-17-2005, 12:18 PM
Good point, & best of luck to you. No doubt false #s get tossed around. But rest assured the elite kids are around & progresing rapidly. Have a good one.

Maroon87
02-17-2005, 12:44 PM

Yeah, you know how we love our baseball!:clap:Hope we can bring home some more championships this year.

pirate44
02-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Yeah, you know how we love our baseball!:clap:Hope we can bring home some more championships this year.
will Calallen be strong as always this year Maroon?

4x100jackets
02-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
Our baseball team ran more than our track team, and baseball is a sport because you can directly affect the performance of your opponent. In track you dont even need another team to play just a stopwatch.

Who has more in attendance State Track Meet or the State Baseball tournment? ENOUGH SAID !!!!!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW THE ANSWER...................

LH Panther Mom
02-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Who has more in attendance State Track Meet or the State Baseball tournment? ENOUGH SAID !!!!!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW THE ANSWER...................

Wow! Think about this. How many events are there at the state track meet vs how many baseball teams are in the state tournament? Do you think that just might justify the majority of the difference in attendance?

On a side note, there's no reason to SCREAM!!!!

AP Panther Fan
02-17-2005, 01:18 PM

Apples to oranges....

How many competitors/sports/communities represented in a State Track Meet versus a State Baseball Tournament?:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
02-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Apples to oranges....

How many competitors/sports/communities represented in a State Track Meet versus a State Baseball Tournament?:thinking:

Beat ya. ;)

AP Panther Fan
02-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Beat ya. ;)

You must type faster than I do!:D

LH Panther Mom
02-17-2005, 01:32 PM

Probably not, just jumped on the opportunity to make a feeble attempt at bringing him back down to earth. :D

4x100jackets
02-17-2005, 01:32 PM

Take a poll then.. Which would you prefer to watch?

A. A State Track Meet
B. A State Baseball Game

LH Panther Mom
02-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Take a poll then.. Which would you prefer to watch?

A. A State Track Meet
B. A State Baseball Game

My first prefence is to first watch whatever sport my children are competing in, regardless what that sport is (one of them will be competing in track & pony league); second preference is whatever sport Liberty Hill teams are competing in.

Maroon87
02-17-2005, 01:39 PM
will Calallen be strong as always this year Maroon?

From what I've heard we'll be a little inexperienced overall but the talent is there. I'm heading down to CC this weekend so I'll try to get the scoop. I see Sinton is highly ranked again this year. No surprise there...that's a heckuva program.

AP Panther Fan
02-17-2005, 01:46 PM
My first prefence is to first watch whatever sport my children are competing in, regardless what that sport is (one of them will be competing in track & pony league); second preference is whatever sport Liberty Hill teams are competing in.

Very good answer LHPM. Same goes for me.

4x100....this is a baseball thread, not a thread about which sport is more fun, more watched or requires more skill. Why don't you leave it alone?:confused:

4x100jackets
02-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Very good answer LHPM. Same goes for me.

4x100....this is a baseball thread, not a thread about which sport is more fun, more watched or requires more skill. Why don't you leave it alone?:confused:

OK MAN GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SEASON..........

scrub c
02-28-2005, 09:23 AM
How did the "hit and run classic" turn out this past weekend?